• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disboutiquers Part 15 Kids Disney Boutique / Customs Clothes psst..we sew

With all the wonderful machine appliques I've been seeing around here lately, I admit I've been tempted into looking at embroidery machines. I currently have a New Home (Janome) MC 6000, so I was drooling over the more current MC 10000, 10001 and 11000 :eek: (Hey a girl can dream!)

After a bit of research the only one I found around my area was the MC1100..new...with a new price tag! :scared1: My in-laws used to own a sewing kit business, so my husband thought his Mom might know where to find one used.

As it turns out...she has a MC10000 sitting in her attic that she hasn't used in several years! :rolleyes: It has all the extra goodies, plus she has 5 boxes of thread to go with. She's offered it to me on a long-term loan basis, with some thread! WOO HOO!! :cool1::cool1:

I can't wait to get it! I'm definitely going to need to get to planning out a few customs for the kids for our October trip!!

Thanks for letting me share...

I cannot love on the things you are all posting enough! I really really liked the cutie Tink tank and the Wishes dessert outfits. (Not that I didn't love everything else, but I'd love to CASE those two if I thought I was up to it.)

I made something semi-girly for my Cars-loving girl for her to wear when we go to DHS and she gets to see Lightning and Mater again. :lovestruc

3717544543_66ddc6caef.jpg

3718360358_6888db47bf.jpg

3718360554_b61c26ac8b.jpg

(Woah, the red contrast fabric matches the red in the firetruck and Lightning McQueen much better in person than in the pictures! It does match, trust me!)

I also made a pretty simple Tink outfit for one of our visits to MK on the upcoming trip, one in which we will hopefully make it through the line to meet the fairies at Pixie Hollow!

3700489666_e2c1199465.jpg

It's much simpler stuff than a lot of you are making, but I hope my girl loves it anyway! :)

I also just got myself a Brother 900D with some gift money and I'm so excited now that I've started using it. All the bobbin issues I had to contend with on my old machine are GONE, and I'm starting to gather some embroidery files to use once I get to the fabric store to buy some solid-color fabric so the designs are more visible. It's only a 4x4 hoop but it's exciting nonetheless!

(I must really be excited. Look how I'm abusing the exclamation point.)

Have a great day, all! <-- See, there I go again.

Cute, and you did a great job at making a "girly" Cars set! :thumbsup2

DSC02442.jpg

Darla made her a Bo Peep costume last year.

Speaking of Darla the wedding was beautiful yesterday....

IMG_0178.jpg

Notice someone missing?? There was also supposed to be a Cinderella flower girl but the day came and she was not going to put the dress on. :rolleyes1

Darla made all of the Bridesmaids dresses and the little girl dresses. She has more pictures on her facebook.

Super sweet Bo Peep set, and what a lovely wedding photo. :goodvibes

If you have an extra prayers/positive thoughts, would you mind sending some my way? I know it's not as big an issue as many people have, that's why I only want the extras...

I thought I was just getting tired because of everything I was doing for the trip...then I thought maybe it was stress...but I think I have to face the fact I'm having a Lupus/Fibro Flare. :eek: This is horrible and almost the worst possible timing. Please give me strength to fend this off, or at least be done with it in time to finish packing and get on our trip!!!

Oh no, hope you're feeling better soon! :hug:

I finished a few more projects! First I made a memory board with left-over Jennifer P. fabrics! You can put cards or pictures or whatever in the ribbon...

7-13-09002.jpg

7-13-09004.jpg

and the back

7-13-09003.jpg

More big news, at least for me. I was having difficulty embroidering with my new machine. So this weekend I went to a Janome dealer and bought a bunch of stuff...I got specific needles for embroidery, a thread holder that holds and feeds the thread from the cone to the machine evenly (it was a BIG DEAL!!!) and I also got some more stablizer. I learned I had to turn the pressure dial and speed down. And the biggy was that I got special bobbin thread. OK with all of those changes....IT WORKED PERFECTLY!!!! No more thread breakage and bobbin thread showing thru...it was amazing.

So I finished my DD4's Provincial Belle Dress. I made an eyelet slip and put Belle herself on the apron...get ready for too many Brooklyns!!!:rotfl:

7-13-09006.jpg

7-13-09008.jpg

Big Twirl...

7-13-09012.jpg

7-13-09015.jpg

So here are the separate pieces...

7-13-09016.jpg

Thanks for looking! We are getting ready for Disney slowly!! :love:

Credits :banana:
God - everything
Disney - Belle
Machine - Janome MC10000
Pattern - Carla's Precious Dress...I made a shortened top with sleeves then a dress without sleeves and layered them together.
Eyelet slip - Carla and I made it up as we were shopping....hahahha
Fabric and Notions- Quilt shop in Ocean City NJ and Joann Fabrics
Applique designs - Diva Duds
A very special thanks to Carla and Stitches Etc for your help!!!

Both are cute, but I LOVE that Belle outfit! How perfect!!!

With all the wonderful machine appliques I've been seeing around here lately, I admit I've been tempted into looking at embroidery machines. I currently have a New Home (Janome) MC 6000, so I was drooling over the more current MC 10000, 10001 and 11000 :eek: (Hey a girl can dream!)

After a bit of research the only one I found around my area was the MC1100..new...with a new price tag! :scared1: My in-laws used to own a sewing kit business, so my husband thought his Mom might know where to find one used.

As it turns out...she has a MC10000 sitting in her attic that she hasn't used in several years! :rolleyes: It has all the extra goodies, plus she has 5 boxes of thread to go with. She's offered it to me on a long-term loan basis, with some thread! WOO HOO!! :cool1::cool1:

I can't wait to get it! I'm definitely going to need to get to planning out a few customs for the kids for our October trip!!

OHHH I am seriously jumping up and down see...:banana::banana::banana::banana::banana: :cool1::cool1::cool1::yay::yay::yay: That is wonderful news!!!!! Yippy!!! Can we be sewing machine buddies now???? :goodvibes

Thanks everyone for the kind comments :lovestruc
Someone asked to case the Belle Dress....please case away...I did...I didn't think that up.....:laughing:

We just got here today and tomorrow we will be going to Magic Kingdom, sorry to just butt in all Off topic and all but we are just so excited to be here I had to share our excitement with someone..

Ok - here is the ladybug patchwork as a simply sweet with a twirlly skirt - really twirly skirt. Should I put the ribbon and flower on ( i think I will make flower removable though for easier washing)? I was thinking of the ribbon by itself and maybe I could make something that could be pinned on in the same place as the flower that is more Disney. Anyway - the basic dress is done. Whew! Darn that ruffle was LLOONNGG!
IMG_7629.jpg

without flower
IMG_7632.jpg

from the side
IMG_7630.jpg

from the side without anything added
IMG_7631.jpg

So what do you think?

I think it actually is a Stitch on Time design you're looking for, but you have to search for "g00f" there to get Goofy stuff. (That's g - the number 0 - the number 0 - f.)

http://stitchontime.com/osc/advanced_search_result.php?keywords=g00f&x=0&y=0

I was looking at these designs and was wondering if they are recommended? Anyone have any issues with ordering?
There are quite a few that are sooo cute. :)

And... I am heading over to Heathers shop now to check it out. woo hoo - I figured out the machine and now it's a mission....

Thanks!

i may be interested in this fabric, but I can not find it to look. Any suggestions??? And ladies, how are we going to find the group buy with the fabulous castle fabric??????? Any ideas? I am willing to spend some time looking online, but I have no idea where to start looking for the group buy! UGH!
Christi

If we could just find out the producer of this fabric, it would be so much easier. I don't know about anyone of the other regulars on here but I several fabric wholesale accts and maybe we might luck out and one of us might have one with this company...I had thought about setting up a "co-op" but have been so busy, I haven't gotten around to it.....Keep your fingers crossed.

IMG_7629.jpg

So what do you think?

My vote is for sure the flower, I love it!
I also wanted to tell you the first time you posted the dress that I love your Fancy Nancy tablecloth!!! Emma pointed that out to me even before she commented on the dress. She thinks we need one now!
:rotfl2:

(Woah, the red contrast fabric matches the red in the firetruck and Lightning McQueen much better in person than in the pictures! It does match, trust me!)

I also made a pretty simple Tink outfit for one of our visits to MK on the upcoming trip, one in which we will hopefully make it through the line to meet the fairies at Pixie Hollow!

It's much simpler stuff than a lot of you are making, but I hope my girl loves it anyway! :)
You are doing great! I love your girly cars outfit. That tink is adorable. Is it that pattern from a blog? I saw it a while back.. I think it looked similar.

th_DSC02442.jpg

th_IMG_0178.jpg

Notice someone missing?? There was also supposed to be a Cinderella flower girl but the day came and she was not going to put the dress on. :rolleyes1

Darla made all of the Bridesmaids dresses and the little girl dresses. She has more pictures on her facebook.
Oh my!! How gorgeous!!! We need close ups!!! Love the Bo Peep dress too! :lovestruc

I got mine just after Thanksgiving so maybe it was a holiday deal? :confused3

Someone told me I should be able to import my letters one at a time with autopunch and make a name with them. Maybe not. The only problems I've had with the machine are mainly user error and me trying to learn everything. The manual doesn't tell you much so I've ended up getting most of my questions answered online. Singer does have a FAQ website for the Futura that has been really helpful. I think the only thing that bothers me is I don't have the ability to use fonts other than the 2 it came with to do anything other than a single letter at a time.
If you ever need some words or lettering done pm me. I have Monogram Wizard Plus and can do really pretty fonts in that, and PE Design for TTF fonts. I totally recommend Monogram Wizard as a stand alone program for those that don't want to buy Embird.
Toadstool- I just joined that group, not for that fabric but just cuz i have never been in any before and since moving down here south it just doesn't seem like we have very many good fabric stores..
Where do you live at again?? I forgot.. I do that alot. :headache:

can use use downloaded fonts? This is the main reason for getting the machine so I need to be able to do that. Do you have a link to the FAQ site? Thanks for being so helpful!
You can use downloaded fonts as long as someone puts the letters together for you. Like if someone makes a name and puts it all together into a design you can import it onto the machine. You just need software to be able to put the letters together yourself. Some machines have alot of on screen fonts, but I never cared for the ones my machine has.

If you have an extra prayers/positive thoughts, would you mind sending some my way? I know it's not as big an issue as many people have, that's why I only want the extras...

I thought I was just getting tired because of everything I was doing for the trip...then I thought maybe it was stress...but I think I have to face the fact I'm having a Lupus/Fibro Flare. This is horrible and almost the worst possible timing. Please give me strength to fend this off, or at least be done with it in time to finish packing and get on our trip!!!
:hug: Praying for you! I hope you can get lots of rest before the trip. I imagine that must be hard with 5 kiddos though... but please try.

I'd love to. Do we need to sign up with the yahoo group?
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/CutFromTheSame-Cloth/
yes.
i may be interested in this fabric, but I can not find it to look. Any suggestions??? And ladies, how are we going to find the group buy with the fabulous castle fabric??????? Any ideas? I am willing to spend some time looking online, but I have no idea where to start looking for the group buy! UGH!
Christi
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/CutFromTheSame-Cloth/photos/album/1907827030/pic/list
It is the first 2 pictures on that album.

I finished a few more projects! First I made a memory board with left-over Jennifer P. fabrics! You can put cards or pictures or whatever in the ribbon...

th_7-13-09002.jpg

th_7-13-09006.jpg

God - everything
Disney - Belle
Machine - Janome MC10000
Pattern - Carla's Precious Dress...I made a shortened top with sleeves then a dress without sleeves and layered them together.
Love your board that you made.
That is awesome that you have figured out all the embroidery things that you need to keep it running smoothly. Sometimes it is worth spending that extra money so you don't have to fight with the machine all the time! haha!
The provincial girl dress looks great on Brooklyn. Definitely one of the cutest I have seen!
The credits are great.. :)
On a frustrating note, I was looking for character pillowcases tonight for a dress I am making and I went to Walmart and Target and they had none - not even a place on the shelves for pillowcases. They only had sheet sets for ALL characters! Are you not able to buy character pillowcases anymore?!?!
I was only able to find some at KMart.

Toadstool- if you think of your machine embroidered pieces- we go around the edge of the fabric with the stitch - the tight zig zag that creates color, and shine right? Well, he used MY enbroidered edges as his guide and sewed through them- youd be amazed at how much it shows and affects the look of the stitches in person, it makes them look wobbly and messy, and sometimes he can't even stay in my stitches and veres off to the left or right. Does that make sense? Wish I could take better pics.
He has parkinson's (spelling) but didnt say it would be be an issue, so I trusted he'd do a great job, about 2 years ago I had him do a panagram on a king size and he did a great job. But the last 2 years must have really affected his ability to do free hand sewing on a large machine.
I'm most sad for Hannah since this was her "first quilt" but I guess Ill just have to make another quilt some day (not the same quilt of course) :)

Oh and I found a shop not terribly far from me (30min) where the owner does heirloom- Im SO excited, I went for a visit today and there were little girl clothes everywhere (although no heirloom) But Im thrilled to find a place that teaches heirloom.
I think I get what you mean about the quilting. He stitched in the ditch of your satin stitch.(hey that rhymes) I think that is what you mean at least. I guess it wouldn't be a problem if it were completely straight... I can't imagine doing that freehand. Does he have one of those huge machines on the frame?? My local shop has that. I am so upset for you though... I know all the work you did. That is just horrible!
Glad you found a shop near you. It is great if you find someone who is really friendly and willing to answer questions. I have on of those someones.
As it turns out...she has a MC10000 sitting in her attic that she hasn't used in several years! It has all the extra goodies, plus she has 5 boxes of thread to go with. She's offered it to me on a long-term loan basis, with some thread! WOO HOO!!

How exciting!!
We just got here today and tomorrow we will be going to Magic Kingdom, sorry to just butt in all Off topic and all but we are just so excited to be here I had to share our excitement with someone..
Woo hoo! I hate being jealous.. but I am. Have fun!!

Ok - here is the ladybug patchwork as a simply sweet with a twirlly skirt - really twirly skirt. Should I put the ribbon and flower on ( i think I will make flower removable though for easier washing)? I was thinking of the ribbon by itself and maybe I could make something that could be pinned on in the same place as the flower that is more Disney. Anyway - the basic dress is done. Whew! Darn that ruffle was LLOONNGG!
th_IMG_7629.jpg
I love it!! I like the flower on it too. Definitely with the ribbon. I really like that. Please post pictures of her in it!

I want to go back to Disney World so bad! I'm missing it, and I don't know when we will be back. Just having a down time right now. Wish we could afford it!:guilty:

th_IMG_7629.jpg

without flower
th_IMG_7632.jpg

from the side
th_IMG_7630.jpg

th_IMG_7631.jpg

So what do you think?
I think it looks great! I like it with the flower!

IMG_7629.jpg

without flower
IMG_7632.jpg

from the side
IMG_7630.jpg

IMG_7631.jpg

So what do you think?

You're probably going to want to get me but........there is a free sash pattern on ycmt that would be simply stunning with that dress. http://www.youcanmakethis.com/info/free/Free-Big-Beautiful-Bow-Sashes.htm
I love the rest of the dress and the ruffle came out great!!!!

I cannot love on the things you are all posting enough! I really really liked the cutie Tink tank and the Wishes dessert outfits. (Not that I didn't love everything else, but I'd love to CASE those two if I thought I was up to it.)

I made something semi-girly for my Cars-loving girl for her to wear when we go to DHS and she gets to see Lightning and Mater again.

It's much simpler stuff than a lot of you are making, but I hope my girl loves it anyway!
I also just got myself a Brother 900D with some gift money and I'm so excited now that I've started using it. All the bobbin issues I had to contend with on my old machine are GONE, and I'm starting to gather some embroidery files to use once I get to the fabric store to buy some solid-color fabric so the designs are more visible. It's only a 4x4 hoop but it's exciting nonetheless!

(I must really be excited. Look how I'm abusing the exclamation point.)

Have a great day, all! <-- See, there I go again.
they came out GREAT! I have the Brother 900d and LOVE it! My only issue with it is the small hoop I want it bigger! :lovestruc:rotfl2:
DSC02442.jpg

IMG_0178.jpg

What gorgeous dresses! Sorry Cinderella didn't make and appearance.

I thought I was just getting tired because of everything I was doing for the trip...then I thought maybe it was stress...but I think I have to face the fact I'm having a Lupus/Fibro Flare. :eek: This is horrible and almost the worst possible timing. Please give me strength to fend this off, or at least be done with it in time to finish packing and get on our trip!!!
Feel better!!!!

7-13-09002.jpg

7-13-09004.jpg

and the back

7-13-09003.jpg

More big news, at least for me. I was having difficulty embroidering with my new machine. So this weekend I went to a Janome dealer and bought a bunch of stuff...I got specific needles for embroidery, a thread holder that holds and feeds the thread from the cone to the machine evenly (it was a BIG DEAL!!!) and I also got some more stablizer. I learned I had to turn the pressure dial and speed down. And the biggy was that I got special bobbin thread. OK with all of those changes....IT WORKED PERFECTLY!!!! No more thread breakage and bobbin thread showing thru...it was amazing.

So I finished my DD4's Provincial Belle Dress. I made an eyelet slip and put Belle herself on the apron...get ready for too many Brooklyns!!!:rotfl:

7-13-09006.jpg

7-13-09008.jpg

Big Twirl...

7-13-09012.jpg

7-13-09015.jpg

So here are the separate pieces...

7-13-09016.jpg

Thanks for looking! We are getting ready for Disney slowly!! :love:

God - everything
Disney - Belle
Machine - Janome MC10000
Oh CATHY! Love the board Love Brooklyn's dress! Stunning!

IMG_7629.jpg

without flower
IMG_7632.jpg

from the side
IMG_7630.jpg

IMG_7631.jpg

So what do you think?
So pretty! I like Cathy's sash idea!
i can't decided which I like better with the flower or with out! Both are super cute.

I just wanted to introduce myself. I found disboards while researching for our upcoming DW trip in September and then found the disboutiquers threads. I am so inspired by all of your beautiful creations.

I taught myself to sew about six years ago when DD was born. I used some of the Children's Corner patterns to make her some cute outfits, but haven't made much since DS came along three years ago.

I also have to thank you all for the recommendation on the YCMT website and Carla C's patterns. I've recently made a couple of tiered skirts with matching outfits for DD's doll and made the stripwork jumper for her doll. I'm currently working on a stripwork jumper for DD. I am so surprised by how professional it's looking; Carla C's pictures make things so much easier!

Thanks for the inspiration!

If they had more of that pink dalmation fabric I would love some!!!!:flower3::worship: Was it $1.50 a yard too? I think TeresaJoy was looking for some of the blue dalmation fabric, I was going to spare her some in my stash but:rolleyes1

I can pay you by paypal for the shipping and fabric!!!!

How much do you guys need? They were both $1.50 a yard!!! Hopefully we are talking about the same fabric since I didn't post a pic. It's a bunch of dalmations playing around flowers....I can try to post a pic after mine comes out of the wash. I bought it in a different town so I may not get back over there for a few days but I will definitely try to get there soon if you guys really want it. Hopefully they will have plenty. I was the first one to have any cut.:)

How blessed are you?! :thumbsup2 I have also so been wanting an embroidery machine for my customs!!!! I just can't come up witht the money right now, but it sure hasn't stopped me from looking for a good deal! :rotfl:

OHHH I am seriously jumping up and down see...:banana::banana::banana::banana::banana: :cool1::cool1::cool1::yay::yay::yay: That is wonderful news!!!!! Yippy!!! Can we be sewing machine buddies now???? :goodvibes

Thanks Cathy!! And thanks for all the info and advice the other day about the Janome machines. I still can't believe she just had one sitting in her attic. :rotfl:

I would love to be sewing machine buddies. I'm sure I may have some questions along the way...thanks!

IMG_7629.jpg

without flower

I love the flower. And even without the flower it really does look better with the red ribbon as opposed to without. Great Job :worship:

I just wanted to introduce myself. I found disboards while researching for our upcoming DW trip in September and then found the disboutiquers threads. I am so inspired by all of your beautiful creations.

I taught myself to sew about six years ago when DD was born. I used some of the Children's Corner patterns to make her some cute outfits, but haven't made much since DS came along three years ago.

I also have to thank you all for the recommendation on the YCMT website and Carla C's patterns. I've recently made a couple of tiered skirts with matching outfits for DD's doll and made the stripwork jumper for her doll. I'm currently working on a stripwork jumper for DD. I am so surprised by how professional it's looking; Carla C's pictures make things so much easier!

Thanks for the inspiration!

Welcome to the addiction.(we got another one ladies) :lmao: And in case you didn't realize, we need pics of everything. Even doll clothes.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter