• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disboutiquers Part 15 Kids Disney Boutique / Customs Clothes psst..we sew

Oh I'm so glad my HannahDiva isn't here to see the Dessert outfit, she'd want one for when we go...it's AWESOME!

So what do y'all do if you change your kid halfway through the day (or with Littles like ours, have to have backup clothes)? Do you put them in a backpack and take them on the rides and everything with you? Do you get a locker? Do you leave them in the bottom of the stroller when you're on a ride and hope for the best? I'm asking for those times when it isn't practical to go back to the resort.

Oh! And while I was out today I took a picture of the "Minnie/Mickey" girls shoes they now have a Payless for $5 in case anyone is interested. They aren't the best pics but I took them with my cell phone!

dotshoes.jpg

I change the boys at least once a day, sometimes twice. I put their completed outfits in ziploc bags and put them in the stroller. Boys are a little easier than girls- their stuff doesn't take up as much space and usually just sits at the bottom of the stroller. I guess it could get taken, but I try not to worry about that. Now, if I had super boutique girly stuff that might retail for $100 or more, I might do something else.

ugh...so here is my attempt at a real dress (I made a pillow case dress previously) this came out horribly, but that's OK, it was my frist go round at it. I can't seem to figure out how to sew the skirt on to the bodice correctly. My sewing is a real mess...IDK guess I have to keep trying. I didn't buy the apron pattern yet so I just sorta cut out an apron from some scrap fabric to see if it would actually look alright once I made a real one. as long as I can hide the seems and hem the dress, it might actually not be so bad. it's nothing like you ladies sew though...I don't know how you all make such gorgeous things. here is my DD in the dress.....she did say she looked like Cinderella though so that made mommy feel really good! LOL (oh yeah, it's supposed to be cindy's work dress if you couldn't figure it out)

027.jpg

OK, I have a singer futura 150 and it has worked beautifully up until today for embroidery/applique. I have tried multiple designs today some have worked some haven't. The last two it has been repositioning the pieces of the applique from step to step so they are all off. I've tried rebooting the software, turning the machine on and off. I thought at first it was my laptop b/c I was running vista on itand I hadn't used it with the machine before but then I switched to the desktop and it was doing the same thing. I don't think it's the designs b/c at least one of them I have used before with success. I'm ready to throw it out the window and of course I have only 3 weeks before we leave for vacation and I have about 4 outfits I want to finish.:confused3:scared1::headache:

Oh I'm so glad my HannahDiva isn't here to see the Dessert outfit, she'd want one for when we go...it's AWESOME!

So what do y'all do if you change your kid halfway through the day (or with Littles like ours, have to have backup clothes)? Do you put them in a backpack and take them on the rides and everything with you? Do you get a locker? Do you leave them in the bottom of the stroller when you're on a ride and hope for the best? I'm asking for those times when it isn't practical to go back to the resort.

Oh! And while I was out today I took a picture of the "Minnie/Mickey" girls shoes they now have a Payless for $5 in case anyone is interested. They aren't the best pics but I took them with my cell phone!

dotshoes.jpg

Thanks Marah, I wish you weren't leaving for your trip so soon or I would try to make you some iron on's for the dessert party.... please let me know how it is by the way.

Last year, of coarse Taylor was just wearing gymboree, no customs.... we would usually leave her change of clothes rolled up in ziplock bags in the back of the stroller. Of coarse she had just gotten potty trained and still had accidents and was a messy eater so I was hauling around 3 changes of clothes a day(which reminds me there is a very funny story about an accident last trip.....remind me to tell you later, it was great!) This year with customs I am a little paranoid to leave them in the stroller, I would die if something happened to one she hadn't worn yet. This year I am going to see how compact I can make some of them by using space bag travel bags so I can hopefully carry them in my bag when I know she needs to change before we go back to the room. There is 1 day she will be changing 4 times (oops....too many ideas for that day).

Japanese - Disney Castle / Cinderella Print Buy

Okay, just went through 200 emails to figure this out. It is from the yahoo group CutFromTheSame-Cloth . I have no idea how to do it because I have never done it. So if anyone is part of this group go and take a look. The email was just sent yesterday saying the buy was open. It has several choices (I did not look and see if it had pictures or not).

Okay, just went through 200 emails to figure this out. It is from the yahoo group CutFromTheSame-Cloth . I have no idea how to do it because I have never done it. So if anyone is part of this group go and take a look. The email was just sent yesterday saying the buy was open. It has several choices (I did not look and see if it had pictures or not).

I am a cutfromthesame-cloth member too, but I am not seeing it, there is a japanese cinderella, but it is different, am I missing something?

Okay first off, let me say I LOVE HEATHERSUE and CARLAC! After spending all week working on the safari outfit that took forever, it was so nice to finish this last night in just a couple hours..... I honestly think the hairbow took me longer then the outfit! It was so nice to be able to stitch out 5 appliques in a very brief amount of time instead of 6 days. I will actually be putting the cupcake one on t-shirts for me, my mom and my sis too!

Here is Taylor's outfit for the Wishes Dessert Party, I will probably put a pink petti under the skirt, but it isn't here yet.

th_mickeydesserts.jpg

Here is my first attempt at a more boutique hairbow.... it still needs some practice and work, but when it was taking longer then the outfit, I decided to leave it be.

th_mickeydessertsbow.jpg

I love this! WOW! And where did you get the ribbon for the bow? It is great! I really need to get to work on our outfits!

I love this! WOW! And where did you get the ribbon for the bow? It is great! I really need to get to work on our outfits!

Thanks! I got the ribbon from ebay... you can PM me if you want the sellers name. The ribbon actually inspired the outfit.... I bought the ribbon and then really wanted appliques to match. Heather was awesome and came up with the appliques for me.

On Wednesday DH had to take a trip about two hours away...so we all tagged along, better than sitting here while it rained...it was perfect weather an hour away from here! Anyway...I did get to check out a fabric place...all upohlestry fabrics...which is good because I want to do the kids couch.

IMG_1673.jpg

And Timmy wanted to be in on the picture...

IMG_1674.jpg

And here is Buckley...he is doing really well...big silly tried to chase a rabbit yesterday...I had to stop him to keep him from hurting himself!

IMG_1678.jpg

Love the browns for the kids couch. Brown is getting so much more interesting now paired with brighter colours.

Great dress. And I hope buckley feels better soon and manages not to hurt himself more.

Okay first off, let me say I LOVE HEATHERSUE and CARLAC! After spending all week working on the safari outfit that took forever, it was so nice to finish this last night in just a couple hours..... I honestly think the hairbow took me longer then the outfit! It was so nice to be able to stitch out 5 appliques in a very brief amount of time instead of 6 days. I will actually be putting the cupcake one on t-shirts for me, my mom and my sis too!

Here is Taylor's outfit for the Wishes Dessert Party, I will probably put a pink petti under the skirt, but it isn't here yet.

mickeydesserts.jpg

This is really adorable. No wonder she asks for customs for everything. I would too if I had someone to make me such wonderful clothes.

Okay so it's quite obvious to me what I did wrong....but hopefully not to anyone else. Maybe you all will just think I meant to do it that way lol. The appliques is too high up. Anyways, here goes. Action shots hopefully next week when we see Abby.
IMG_3895.JPG

IMG_3896.JPG

IMG_3897.JPG

Well....... it's obvious to me that you did a great job on this. :thumbsup2

dotshoes.jpg

I only have boys, so when they were little I would just leave a change of clothes in a bag for them on the stroller. I also always had swim trunks with me for them to play in the little water play areas. They loved that.

ugh...so here is my attempt at a real dress (I made a pillow case dress previously) this came out horribly, but that's OK, it was my frist go round at it. I can't seem to figure out how to sew the skirt on to the bodice correctly. My sewing is a real mess...IDK guess I have to keep trying. I didn't buy the apron pattern yet so I just sorta cut out an apron from some scrap fabric to see if it would actually look alright once I made a real one. as long as I can hide the seems and hem the dress, it might actually not be so bad. it's nothing like you ladies sew though...I don't know how you all make such gorgeous things. here is my DD in the dress.....she did say she looked like Cinderella though so that made mommy feel really good! LOL (oh yeah, it's supposed to be cindy's work dress if you couldn't figure it out)

027.jpg

Doesn't look bad. I knew right away that it was Cindy's work dress. What kind of pattern are you working from? The right pattern (like CarlaC's stuff) can make even us beginners look like pros. (or close to it)

I was away all day so I am only on page 121 but I have to get some sleep so I am going to stop here and catch up tomorrow!!! :goodvibes

Yep it was stitch on time..... let me know how it goes, I don't know if it was me or the design.... I had so many problems, but never could line up on the final black outlines. Donald and Daisy were fine, it was the minnie that was a problem (I used minnie to make mickey too since they were the same except for eyelashes on the site). A couple of times the error was me I am sure..... but I will say this.... if you look at the design for Minnie there is a black bar running under the face to conttect the nose.... I don't get the point of it, It was what caused me some problems.... the black would show through the flesh color, so I would double the flesh fabric, but then I couldn't get a good close cut..... Also when I finally got it to start working, I would actually stop the tack down stitch after it made it's way around the face.... It was then doing a more jagged stitch, and the satin stitch at the end wouldn't cover the fabric that couldn't be cut because of jagged stitch. I don't know if that makes any sense without seeing it yourself. The black I never could get to work right at the end, I don't know if it was me or the design....so I am curious if it works out for you. I really really felt like I was babysitting this design more then any other I have used.... maybe it just didn't like me.

In all my experience of sewing machine appliques ( I think I am up to maybe 4 or 5 now!), I sometimes wonder what the digetizer can possibly be thinking. And then I come to find out that they don't necessarily even test stitch their own patterns before they sell them. This is why I try to stick to people like Heather who do an excellent job and test their stuff out. So, I am gathering fabrics still for my stripwork skirt to put those designs on...If I have problems too I am going to complain. I don't mind buying designs even if they cost a bit more, I don't mind, but what I don't want to do is buy stuff that doesn't stitch out or line up well.... :sad2:...cause that's money and time wasted. :headache: So I will keep you posted...glad your adorable skirt came out so great though....and no one knows how long it took....but still if you encounter difficulties like that it really takes the fun out of it and I don't want you (or me or anyone else) to get discouraged. :thumbsup2

They look so cute Crytal!

If anyone is bored or can't sleep.........

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I updated my Trip Report !!!!!!!!!!!​

:woohoo::woohoo::woohoo::woohoo:

Finally!!
:rotfl::lmao:

YIPPY!!!!! I will check it out tomorrow!!!! :cheer2:

The girls look great!! You can tell how much they both love thier tea party dresses! :goodvibes Before you know it, you'll be making all sorts of special dresses. But no matter what, your daughter is going to love eveything becasue her mother made her something special.

Thank you! You are exactly right!

mickeydesserts.jpg

Love this outfit and that ribbon!

FYI:

Linnette will no longer be available as "MrsMiller" as the account has closed. She is dealing with a lot right now and thanks you for understanding she isn't able to work on patterns or anything at the moment. Feel free to PM me if you'd like her email address.

Hi Guys!!

Question - I have the Disney Brother SE270 - is it worth it to get the digitizing software for this 4x4 machine? I saw that Heather has quite a few in that size now - I'd need to get the software plus a blank card, right? Can you use the same card over and over like other digital cards - or once they go on the card do they stay there???? I prob wont be able to have this till Christmas, but I want to make sure DH knows EXACTLY what to get - lol - oh, I meant Santa - ho ho ho!!!

Also - anyone know what crocs return policy is as far as how long you have??? I cant click on it for some reason????

Thanks, Wendy

Okay so it's quite obvious to me what I did wrong....but hopefully not to anyone else. Maybe you all will just think I meant to do it that way lol. The appliques is too high up. Anyways, here goes. Action shots hopefully next week when we see Abby.
IMG_3895.JPG

IMG_3896.JPG

IMG_3897.JPG
I think it's really adorable just as it is! It looks like a faux apron affect. If you hadn't said anything, I honestly would have thought it was exactly as designed and intended.

027.jpg
Of course it's Cindy's workdress; It will look great once it's hemmed and the apron is done; you're doing great- yes, keep trying; you'll be amazed at how quickly you progress.
I am a cutfromthesame-cloth member too, but I am not seeing it, there is a japanese cinderella, but it is different, am I missing something?
How do you join groups like that?

Has anyone been to Seaworld? How big it is say compare to Magic Kingdom?

Do you think it would be OK for DD(6) to wear a Nemo outfit?

Where's Cindee, she's the Sea World expert!

IMG_3895.JPG

That turned out beautifully!!

We leave our outfits in a backpack in the stroller. I've never consiered that someone could take them!

And, when we go on Kali River Rapids, I bring a complete extra set of clothes for me and the girls. We change in the bathroom right outside and then when we are done we change back into our regular clothes. I hate walking around wet! The boys don't care.

th_027.jpg
Of course it's Cinderella's work dress!!! It turned out really cute!!! Your daughter is adorable!

I belong to that buy too and I haven't seen it on there. I will have to look again.

Here's the link for anyone looking to join:
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/CutFromTheSame-Cloth/

Hi Guys!!

Question - I have the Disney Brother SE270 - is it worth it to get the digitizing software for this 4x4 machine? I saw that Heather has quite a few in that size now - I'd need to get the software plus a blank card, right? Can you use the same card over and over like other digital cards - or once they go on the card do they stay there???? I prob wont be able to have this till Christmas, but I want to make sure DH knows EXACTLY what to get - lol - oh, I meant Santa - ho ho ho!!!

Also - anyone know what crocs return policy is as far as how long you have??? I cant click on it for some reason????

Thanks, Wendy

Do you mean the PED that will let you download designs from the internet and put them on your machine or do you mean the digitizing software that lets you make your own designs? I say yes to the first, that allows you to put designs on your machine and no to the software that lets you make the designs.

Ignore my earlier sewing maching rant. I think it was having PMS. It seems to be ok now.

Regarding Linnette-please pass on that we will miss her and her gorgeous creations. SHe is an inspiration!:hug:

Have any of you made toy story outfits for girls? I have looked in the photobucket account and there aren't very many. I'm just looking for ideas. My daugther (who's 2 yrs. old) loves Woody and Jessie (she calls them her Yee-Haw Bo Bo's). If you have made something, I would love to see it!

Also, man! I have sewing machine envy! Now that I have started making things the one I got on clearance for $30 just isn't cutting it anymore!!! My zig-zag stitch stinks. The two I have are either way too small or too big to hand applique this Cinderella bird. I want a new one SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO bad!!!!!!
My Grammy and I made this for my dd who was a little over 2 for Halloween last year.
DSCF3115.jpg

Theresa I have no idea which is or does what-LOL . I see something on eBay for about $100....

Linette we love you!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter