Disboutiquers Part 14 Kids Disney Boutique / Customs Clothes psst..we sew

Status
Not open for further replies.
Heather- I am planning to put the fabric behind for lucas real outfit. I was just so anxious to see what they looked liked I just I had to test it out!! I cut up old pant legs for the testers. They do look pretty good so we'll probably use them for something!! Thanks again they are great!!

I'm headed off to joanns later today to get embroidery thread. What has everyone found to be the best brand/type of thread for embroidery? Is there somewhere on the internet that you guys have found that it is cheaper? TIA!!

Sulky is the best on my machine hen doing machine embroidery - this site has them the cheapest:

http://www.gunold.com/swscripts/nln...++&CUST_NO=+&co_id=GU\&REQUEST_ID=QCSTKLSTTHR

If I am doing them "by hand" on the machine the coats and clark is great - but it is not for the machine embroidery.

I thought I would post some pics of our trip. Thanks Leslie for making our trip even better!! Pic heavy!!
Shirts by 2cutekidz, bottoms by me
wdw147.jpg

ds-2cutekidz dd-me
wdw382.jpg

ds-2cutekidz dd-me
wdw342.jpg

ds-me dd-me
wdw291.jpg

dd-2cutekidz
wdw204.jpg

I thought I would post some pics of our trip. Thanks Leslie for making our trip even better!! Pic heavy!!
th_wdw147.jpg

ds-2cutekidz dd-me
th_wdw382.jpg

ds-2cutekidz dd-me
th_wdw342.jpg

ds-me dd-me
th_wdw291.jpg

dd-2cutekidz
th_wdw204.jpg

I absolutely LOVE everything! Ariel is my favorite I think! How was your trip? How was the heat/humidity?

Question about pre-shirred fabric!
I just bought some at Joann's (cute princess fabric)
I'm doing this for child with 20" chest- How do I know where to cut it? should I subtract 2 inches? More?

wdw147.jpg

ds-2cutekidz dd-me
wdw382.jpg

ds-2cutekidz dd-me
wdw342.jpg

ds-me dd-me
wdw291.jpg

dd-2cutekidz
wdw204.jpg

Absolutly adorable! I love all of them! Looks like you had a great trip!

It really seems to depend on the brand/store. I don't think The Children's Place even has both sizes. Mostly the tees I've bought are close to the same size for the chest but the 2T is longer. It's not always a big difference so I bet it wouldn't be a big deal.

FYI - I checked a website that makes dress forms used by dressmakers/tailors. The measurements for their forms in a 24M and 2T vary only by about 1/2 inch in the chest and back waist length. I use that site as a good place to get industry standard measurements since they have to make sure their sizing is going to be within the industry range.

Thanks so much for this info! At least I know I can do either - that's very helpful!

Hi All,
I posted this over on the fabric swap thread, but thought I might try it here because maybe there is more traffic??? I am in deperate need of monsters inc fabric! Any suggestions where I might find some? I have looked on ebay and etsy to no avail! Any help would be MUCH appreciated.
Tahnks,
Christi

I absolutely LOVE everything! Ariel is my favorite I think! How was your trip? How was the heat/humidity?QUOTE]

Our trip was awesome!!! The heat was not that bad. It was hot during the day but when we went back to the hotel for the kids to rest it rained. The nights were cooler b/c of the rain. It was better than our texas weather has been lately.

Hi All,
I posted this over on the fabric swap thread, but thought I might try it here because maybe there is more traffic??? I am in deperate need of monsters inc fabric! Any suggestions where I might find some? I have looked on ebay and etsy to no avail! Any help would be MUCH appreciated.
Tahnks,
Christi

I have some at home. How much do you need? I can get it to you if it the right fabric. Here is a pic

new047-1.jpg

:

:hug: I hear yah. I have the lupus anticoagulant which isn't lupus, nor is it an anticoagulant, it's a coagulant. :rotfl: But, I have a lot of the same symptoms as lupus, plus blood clots.

:hug: I'm about 25 pages behind but I wanted to give you a hug.

Warning very sad post ahead

Prayers needed

I am posting this because this family in our area NEEDS prayer desparately.
I am also wanting to alert anyone reading to be careful when rushing off to work.

My husband works with a friend of this family and my brother works with a family member of them.
Friday morning the family that needs prayer were getting ready for work. The husband and wife were both late for work and the wife asked the husband to take the five month old baby to daycare. He told her he couldn't and she didn't hear him. He decided to help her out by putting the baby in the car for her. She thought her took the baby to daycare. She went to work rushing because she was late. After work she went to daycare to get the baby. They said he wasn't there that day. She called her husband and he told her that he had put the baby in the car for her to take him to daycare. She and the daycare worker ran to the car and the baby was there. The baby died. The friend of the family that works with my husband said they have split up over this. We were out of town all weekend so I didn't watch the news. My husband told me this when he came home from work yesterday. I have been so upset over this. I have been praying for them. I can't even imagin what they must be going through. My brother called my mom yesterday because he works with a family member of these people. MY brother said he can't stop crying and thinking about that baby. My brother and his wife have a baby the same age as the baby that died. People these day get so much in a hurry to rush all the time that we don't know if we are coming are going half the time. Please slow down and always be aware of your cituation. I hope this story can be passed along and this kind of tragedy doesn't EVER happen to another innocent baby.

This is absolutely heart-wrenching and extremely sad. That poor baby boy, I can't even imagine. It just breaks my heart for all those involved. I will be saying lots of prayers for them!

I haven't posted very often, but want to say again how inspiring you all are. I bought the precious dress pattern and made my youngest dd and her doll a dress. I got tons of compliments on it. I was very excited.

It inspired me to buy 2 more patterns from youcanmakethis. One of them is the tunic pattern.

I love the pictures that have been posted. I wanted to ask if you thought it would be nice to make one out of brocade fabric. They have some I love at Joann, but of course the 2 I went to don't have enough of it in stock. Now I just wonder if that is a sign I shouldn't do it. So I wanted to get more experienced sewing opinions. I know the wrong fabric can make a great pattern a nightmare.

I also bought a PED basic thingy to go with my sewing machine after seeing all of the great desings on swakembroidery.

Thanks to this message board, I may go broke.

Lastly, to the family that lost their baby, I am so sorry. I try to block painful stories like that out of my mind. The grief is so strong I can't imagine what you would do in their situation.

Good morning everyone, today was my 90 mark to make ADR's and I wanted to tell you about the experience.There had been some talk on the restuarant boards about what time you would be able to go online and book, some said midnight EST and others said 6 or 7 AM EST, so I set my alarm for midnight, checked the computer and you weren't able to book, so I got up at my regular time 5:15am, checked the computer around 6 and I was able to book. Got everything I wanted and the times I wanted. It was very easy and quick. I even got Hoop Dee Doo which I have not been able to get at the time I wanted for 5 years !!! So have no fear, the online booking was a success !!!COLOR]

Can anyone do online ADRs now? If so, where is the link?
Our 90 days is July 1st.

th_wdw147.jpg

All the outfits are too cute!! I really like the Monster's Inc and Snow White ones. How was your little girl on the trip? We'll be taking ours at the same age next December. Anything special to do/avoid??

Jessica

All the outfits are too cute!! I really like the Monster's Inc and Snow White ones. How was your little girl on the trip? We'll be taking ours at the same age next December. Anything special to do/avoid??

Jessica

She was pretty good overall. We just made sure to take a break during the day. It gave her a nap but us a break too. That made it easier to deal with her if she had a moment of rebellion. She was pretty much in awe of everything. She did like to ride the "kiddie" rides. On the magic carpets she just kept laughing and clapping.

Posting again....

Hey everyone, I haven't posted here since our last trip in 2007, but I'm gearing up for our next trip, and this time, I'll be dressing two little girls!

We're going in late Nov/Dec, so I need Christmas outfits this time! Is there anywhere to find ideas for Christmas outfits all grouped together?

Thanks!

Anyone? :confused3 Thanks!

So I go away for a few days and come back so far behind! You all are very chatty!!! No way I can quote anyone, my post would take up a whole page!!

I LOVE everything posted recently. Lisa, Lori, and all the new outfits are sooooo sooooo cute! I am totally impressed!!!

It was great to "see" all of you in your tunic's! It's always nice to see a face attached to a name!!! And great job on all the tunics!

Wendy, great news for Daniel! I continue to keep him in my prayers!

I was wondering what version of Palette that you guys are using? I have Palette 8 and I'm still trying to learn it. I want to digitize things myself but I've only succeeded with one lady bug applique design. If anyone has any tips I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks

I have version 6.0. I have considered upgrading, but have seen people with lots of problems and it scares me! :scared1:

CHeck it out! I actually have something to sew for. I mean a trip that is!!! I did it, I bit the bullet and booked a Christmas trip. Just Peach and I! I am so darn excited! Its totally workable in the budget. Im not telling her until the day we leave. I might even pull it off until we actually go to Disneyland. My mom lives just 30 minutes away so we will be seeing her and staying down there two nights with her and three nights at Disney. So when we leave my mom's I might just play like we are leaving to go home! bwahahahaha EVIL!:thumbsup2

So now to plan for things. YAY! :banana::banana::cool1::santa:

We LOVE Disneyland at Christmas time!!! We usually go many times between Oct & Jan! Its so fun and so pretty!!

I also need to brag on my boy a little bit- :goodvibes
He broke his first board in Karate tonight!! He also earned his first colored belt! :banana::banana::banana: He got to keep it and they wrote the date and the instructor signed it. My dh said he was a little nervous about doing it but he did it!!

Congrats!! And cute T's! And yes Heathersue's designs stitch out really nicely!!!

Warning very sad post ahead

Prayers needed

I am posting this because this family in our area NEEDS prayer desparately.
I am also wanting to alert anyone reading to be careful when rushing off to work.

My husband works with a friend of this family and my brother works with a family member of them.
Friday morning the family that needs prayer were getting ready for work. The husband and wife were both late for work and the wife asked the husband to take the five month old baby to daycare. He told her he couldn't and she didn't hear him. He decided to help her out by putting the baby in the car for her. She thought her took the baby to daycare. She went to work rushing because she was late. After work she went to daycare to get the baby. They said he wasn't there that day. She called her husband and he told her that he had put the baby in the car for her to take him to daycare. She and the daycare worker ran to the car and the baby was there. The baby died. The friend of the family that works with my husband said they have split up over this. We were out of town all weekend so I didn't watch the news. My husband told me this when he came home from work yesterday. I have been so upset over this. I have been praying for them. I can't even imagin what they must be going through. My brother called my mom yesterday because he works with a family member of these people. MY brother said he can't stop crying and thinking about that baby. My brother and his wife have a baby the same age as the baby that died. People these day get so much in a hurry to rush all the time that we don't know if we are coming are going half the time. Please slow down and always be aware of your cituation. I hope this story can be passed along and this kind of tragedy doesn't EVER happen to another innocent baby.

It's always so very sad to hear stories like this. Unfortunately, it happens in Los Angeles news area at least once during the summer.

It really seems to depend on the brand/store. I don't think The Children's Place even has both sizes. Mostly the tees I've bought are close to the same size for the chest but the 2T is longer. It's not always a big difference so I bet it wouldn't be a big deal.

FYI - I checked a website that makes dress forms used by dressmakers/tailors. The measurements for their forms in a 24M and 2T vary only by about 1/2 inch in the chest and back waist length. I use that site as a good place to get industry standard measurements since they have to make sure their sizing is going to be within the industry range.

Lisa, its good to see you again! What is the site that you use for industry measurements? I would love to take a peek at it!

wdw147.jpg

Very cute, you both did a great job! Looks and sounds like you had a great time!!

I need help!!!

I need a jack sparrow embroidery design. I thought I had seen one, but now can't find it? :confused3 Can anyone help????

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter