Disboutiquers Part 14 Kids Disney Boutique / Customs Clothes psst..we sew

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sooooo thats what you look like without the hat......:confused3

The tunic is great.

That cracked me up! I'm guessing from my facebook avatar? I wear a hat just about all the time at Disney. It's not real common to find a picture of me there without a hat on.

We LOVE Wicked. I don't think it would be too intense for AbbyGrace. Aimeeg has take Hannah. I took my older kids. Both Seth and Jayden love it. The only hard part for a younger child might be that it is quite long (around 3 hours). If you go get the soundtrack first and learn some of the songs, that would make it funner!

Thanks for the input! I'm personally leaning towards Wicked, so that may be the decision. I just want to make sure that we'll all enjoy it before I buy tickets.

That cracked me up! I'm guessing from my facebook avatar? I wear a hat just about all the time at Disney. It's not real common to find a picture of me there without a hat on.

Thanks for the input! I'm personally leaning towards Wicked, so that may be the decision. I just want to make sure that we'll all enjoy it before I buy tickets.

Love, love, loved Wicked! I took my daughter to see it when she was five. We just talked about how the actors were REAL people pretending to be withces, monkeys, etc. Put in perspective of Halloween (i.e. you weren't REALLY a butterfly). She was fine. Actually, she still talks about it and she is 8 now. And we have seen many Broadway shows since then, but I think it is the only one that truly stayed with her. Enjoy! You will LOVE it!

Fly by post! I gotta finish packing. This week is so whirl wind like! I don't even remember what I came to say now!!!

Robin, I agree with what Heather said. Get atleast a 5x7 hoop. I also have an older machine, brother disney 2002d. It takes floppies too and I love it! Alot just got one from HSN. The 700IID (I think). Someone will chime in.

Gotta finish a shirt! Why do I do these things!!

Just testing out my new siggy!

Up for tomorrow- I will attempt a magical feat....while caring for a 3 week old, entertaining a 3 year old.....
sew up at least 1 outfit as a birthday present for my neice and potentially something simple for Megan too and/or a Happy Birthday placemat.
I am setting my batik rail fence quilt aside for the moment.

You are so sweet. Thanks but we can't go until Sept but I hope you enjoy your dinner. If you go when they first open the entire staff comes to the front area and sings Oh Canada. It really is the best.

Aww darn. We aren't able to go until like 8:30 because we're sneaking off (leaving the kids with grandparents) after the early show of La Nouba.

I would have really liked that! I learned it when I went to preschool in Canada (we lived in the US, but my dad owned a business in Canada so we went back and forth every day) even before the US anthem, and I STILL remember it!

My new machines arrived today:banana::banana::banana: I got a new machine and an embroidery machine. My old machine went capute right before our trip so I had to get a new one. I got a brother hs-2000. DH owed me a mothers day gift and anniversary so I got the brother pe70011. We got them both from hsn. I pulled out the sewing machine and have already started playing with it. I am in awe:worship: It is sooooo much better than my old machine. I love the start/stop button and the speed control slider. Tomorrow I am gonna get the embroid out and play with it. I just had to share the excitement. Thanks to all of you!! You guys helped me find this hobby that I really enjoy!!!

Thanks for the answers so far... a question based on the replies:

How do you actually put stuff on a floppy disk since the newer computers don't have floppy disk drives anymore? :confused:
I think I would need something that could communicate directly between the computer and the sewing/embroidery machine or could use a CD/DVDrom - or an external hard drive is an option I have too.

Thanks for the answers so far... a question based on the replies:

How do you actually put stuff on a floppy disk since the newer computers don't have floppy disk drives anymore? :confused:
I think I would need something that could communicate directly between the computer and the sewing/embroidery machine or could use a CD/DVDrom - or an external hard drive is an option I have too.

You can get a floppy drive that attaches to your computer through a USB port. I got mine for $10 on ebay. It's pretty small, so it's not a big deal to just plug it into the computer, put the design on a floppy, and then stick the floppy disk into the machine.

Hi Everyone!!

Those with Lupis - my BFF has skin Lupis, and really LOVES the beach but has such a hard time in the sun - have you found a suntan lotion that really helps to protect you when you are swimming? or is it just be in the shade all the time - I'd love to be able to help her - she burnt last year and then got these itchy sores - felt sooo badly for her!!

DANIEL UPDATE!! For those of you who pray for Daniel - he will be admitted tomorrow for another round of intense chemo. He is in good spirits and his progress has just skyrocketed since he started doing the Interactive Metronome program -which is what I had hoped for!!! YAY!!! He is walking without his walker all the time and is much more balanced!! For those who havent heard of IM(Interactive metronome) it is a wonderful program that helps to "rewire" your brain, lay down new axon/dendrites and get you reorganized!! you do a LOT of exercises, perfecting your response time and thus giving your brain an "interstate highway" instead of using the "local roads"!! I highly recommend it!!!! If you have any questions, just ask!!! Great for ADHD and other issues as well!!! (its also NON invasive)!! Anyway - Yay for Dan!!!!

TTFN!!
Wendy:goodvibes

I have systemic lupus not discoid--but the sun does cause me to break out. It also causes a fever and can damage body systems. I have decided that it just isn't worth the damage the sun causes and stay out of it as much as I can. Sometimes just walking from the parking lot into a store at the mall is enough to trigger a flare. It isn't fun to have to give up the things you enjoy--you just have to decide what is more important to you--a few minutes of fun and weeks of misery or finding a different way to have fun that allows you to stay healthy!

I don't post a lot, but I am keeping all who request it in my prayers. Daniel is on my list (and his family.)

Okay I'm feeling kinda bad that I was such a smart-donkey this morning on the pic post, like I might have stopped others from actually doing it. SO here I am. I posted the most recent (and of course most humiliating) one I could find. I'm usually the one TAKING the pictures. I was sending this to my bestest friend showing her my annoyingly large new sunglasses and was being my normal wisebottom self sending a kiss picture on the cellphone!

kissesava.jpg

And me (sans makeup, it was a bad flare day and I was lucky to make it out of bed) and Ferb in March at a school function, sorry about the creative editing...hopefully soon I can post "normal" pictures!
meandferb.jpg

WENDY:

Sorry don't know how I missed the post earlier. I also have systemic Lupus and not discoid Lupus. With a lot of sun exposure I not only flare but I get broken blood vessels all over my body that look like a rash! If it gets bad from there, I get lumps in my fat cells (panniculitis). It SUCKS because I'm fluffy so there are a lot of fat cells for it to attack, it's like having 100's of tumors. (Yes, Disney is a gamble for me. That's why we stay on site and have more than two adults, so I can go back and sleep/hide if I have to. I am a bit nervous this year- 5 days instead of two. I will hibernate when I get back, I'm sure!)

People with Lupus can have such a wide range of symptoms and it also seems like what works for one person doesn't work as well for another. Most docs though not only recommend an SPF of at least 30 (higher is better!), but also a UVA blocker.

Continued prayers headed to your family.

Settled in after the move and here is the first custom besides the UP ones that I completed here.... New picture spot here in Tucson....
IMG_8740.jpg

Lori

Lori glad to hear you are all settled in. I love your new photo spot. and I really love that dress. What is that fabric? Super cute.

WOO HOO I'm finally caught up with this thread. I told you all not to be so chatty while I was gone on vacation.:rotfl2: I was gone 10 days and you all chatted up 70 pages.:eek: It took me 2 1/2 days to get caught up.

I've seen some really cute stuff posted.:thumbsup2 Sorry I can't comment on each thing individually, there were way too many.

Prayers for all those that are needing them.:angel:

It was great to see CastleCreations, LisaZoe and Linette posting.:woohoo: We've missed you guys. Welcome to all of the newbies.:yay:

CHeck it out! I actually have something to sew for. I mean a trip that is!!! I did it, I bit the bullet and booked a Christmas trip. Just Peach and I! I am so darn excited! Its totally workable in the budget. Im not telling her until the day we leave. I might even pull it off until we actually go to Disneyland. My mom lives just 30 minutes away so we will be seeing her and staying down there two nights with her and three nights at Disney. So when we leave my mom's I might just play like we are leaving to go home! bwahahahaha EVIL!:thumbsup2

So now to plan for things. YAY! :banana::banana::cool1::santa:

I got to stitch out Heathers fantastic designs today!!
DSCF0481.jpg

DSCF0482.jpg

Other then this I haven't sewn much lately. We did give the Family Fun Fireworks shirts a try. It was fun but very messy!!
DSCF5196.jpg

This one is Lucas' It is a face. There are "ears" on the sleeves.
DSCF5197.jpg

This ones sophias she didn't have much input as she slept through this step in the process
DSCF5198.jpg

And this one is mine.
You basically put Aleenes OK to wash on stamps then stamp the shirt. Then dump glitter on it. We made the stamps out of different kinds of pasta. We glued it on to cardboard with tacky glue. If any one is interested I can take pictures of the stamps we used.

I also need to brag on my boy a little bit- :goodvibes
He broke his first board in Karate tonight!! He also earned his first colored belt! :banana::banana::banana: He got to keep it and they wrote the date and the instructor signed it. My dh said he was a little nervous about doing it but he did it!!

I also need to brag on my boy a little bit- :goodvibes
He broke his first board in Karate tonight!! He also earned his first colored belt! :banana::banana::banana: He got to keep it and they wrote the date and the instructor signed it. My dh said he was a little nervous about doing it but he did it!!

GO GO!
1829884.jpg

You Rawk!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter