Disboutiquers Part 14 Kids Disney Boutique / Customs Clothes psst..we sew

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just got some potentially AWESOME NEWS! Dh, who is in Iraq, called today and said he may just be getting his 2 weeks leave on DD's birthday in August and might be able to meet us at Disney World and surprise her!!!!! :banana: I have been planning an awesome trip, but have been so bummed he wouldn't get to enjoy some of the things I have planned (like the 2 VIP tours I booked). I was excited to still take DD on her birthday and cheer her up, but it was going to feel wierd being at Disney without him (she has been missing him bad hear lately.... I found her in a corner the other night squeezing his picture and crying, she said, "It's just so hard, I miss him so much and it is just hard trying to be happy like he wants me to". ) I can't imagine surprising her on her birthday with daddy waiting at the castle or something. It is still just a maybe, but he says there is a really good chance, so everyone keep their fingers crossed!!!

Talk about some pixie dust and disney magic!! If that can happen you'll have to get call the World to tell them and set up something spectacular!!

Do they give you anykind of a break for multiple buys? I only ask, it might work out for us to go togther if they do. I am glad to know they washed up well. I did see a few on that sight that I would like to have.

Thanks for that site, what I really need is the outer seam for the length...could i figure that out from the inseam? IDK....my brain is mush! :rotfl2:

The shipping was $5.50 a yard for the first yard and $3.50 a yard for each additional yard, which was a little steep, but it did come from overseas, and I only paid .99 a yard for the fabric itself, so it didn't seem that bad.

Is it only me that...gets WAY too caught up in the "geeky" details?

Here's an example...my MIL is getting the boys Star Wars tee shirts that I guess have the Goofy as Darth Vader and Donald as a Stormtrooper on them. I want to make them the easy fit pants to wear with them at DHS.

My problem?

Okay remember, I'm brand new, and doing stuff "by hand." The easiest emblem on them would be the mickey rebel insignia..but I CAN"T do that! I CAN'T! So is anyone else geeky enough to know WHY I can't force myself to do it the "easier" way???

My husband knew right away but is still laughing at me.

Is it because you are rebeling? Hehe...j/k why can't you?

I just got some potentially AWESOME NEWS! Dh, who is in Iraq, called today and said he may just be getting his 2 weeks leave on DD's birthday in August and might be able to meet us at Disney World and surprise her!!!!! :banana: I have been planning an awesome trip, but have been so bummed he wouldn't get to enjoy some of the things I have planned (like the 2 VIP tours I booked). I was excited to still take DD on her birthday and cheer her up, but it was going to feel wierd being at Disney without him (she has been missing him bad hear lately.... I found her in a corner the other night squeezing his picture and crying, she said, "It's just so hard, I miss him so much and it is just hard trying to be happy like he wants me to". ) I can't imagine surprising her on her birthday with daddy waiting at the castle or something. It is still just a maybe, but he says there is a really good chance, so everyone keep their fingers crossed!!!

That brings tears to my eyes! What an unforgettable moment for her if he could pull that off! I can't imagine how hard that is for all of you. My husband travels on business frequently but is only gone for 3-4 days each time and that's hard. Thank you to your husband for what he does for our country and hugs to your daughter.:hug:

Talk about some pixie dust and disney magic!! If that can happen you'll have to get call the World to tell them and set up something spectacular!!

I know! If it happens on her birthday like he hopes, we will have the VIP tour guide and I am hoping she can help me pull off something spectacular when DD first sees him.

I finally finished my purse!
I really like how it turned out!
I wanted something casual and fun.....

mousepurse.jpg

Closeup on the mice and lining.....
mice.jpg
mpurselining.jpg

I am quite taken by the mice.... seriously I want to put them on everything :)
How cute! Love that!!!!

I didn't love "UP" either. I feel like those of us that were less than impressed should start a little club!!
I think you need to see it again.;) I did like it the first time I saw it but I really loved it the 2nd time.

:woohoo:That would be so wonderful!!!!!:wizard::wizard::wizard:

A while ago someone posted about using comic book boards for their fabric. Where can you get those from? Also, someone else posted about getting thread cones from somewhere. It was like a "lot" of the most popular colors. TIA!!!

krissy

How cute! Love that!!!!

I think you need to see it again.;) I did like it the first time I saw it but I really loved it the 2nd time.

:woohoo:That would be so wonderful!!!!!:wizard::wizard::wizard:

I agree!! The kids haven't seen it yet, so I need to take them. I'm counting on really liking it the second time around!

A while ago someone posted about using comic book boards for their fabric. Where can you get those from? Also, someone else posted about getting thread cones from somewhere. It was like a "lot" of the most popular colors. TIA!!!

krissy

You can get the comic book boards at a comic book store :thumbsup2 or you can also order them online. You are looking for the ones that have silver something in the name.

I think it was Linnette that posted about the thread cones, but I'm not sure where they were.

Is it only me that...gets WAY too caught up in the "geeky" details?

Here's an example...my MIL is getting the boys Star Wars tee shirts that I guess have the Goofy as Darth Vader and Donald as a Stormtrooper on them. I want to make them the easy fit pants to wear with them at DHS.

My problem?

Okay remember, I'm brand new, and doing stuff "by hand." The easiest emblem on them would be the mickey rebel insignia..but I CAN"T do that! I CAN'T! So is anyone else geeky enough to know WHY I can't force myself to do it the "easier" way???

My husband knew right away but is still laughing at me.

I get it. I couldn't do it either, dh would kill me. Must not mix Empire with Rebel. :rotfl:

Great Dress! Love the fabric too, what a find!

Love the Hat!

Ooo! Love all the fabric finds! I may have to go to JoAnn and see what they have on sale! Thanks for the tip :)

mousepurse.jpg

th_mice.jpg
th_mpurselining.jpg

That is so cute!!!!! Great job, I love the mice too!

Okay not quite a sewing question...

I got this for Hannah for her trip to the bibbidi bobbidi boutique:

ballerina-princess-sleeping-beauty-costume.jpg

It's a "ballerina" dress, my thinking was that since it will be the end of July and unbearably hot, this was our best bet for a princess gown she can stand to be in at the park.

But...I'm seeing it on her and I'm wondering if it's "full" enough in the skirt? It doesn't seem "ballerina" like, I guess...

ballerinasb.jpg

But then again, I'm not sure I could find a short petti that would work...and wouldn't that be hot, too?

ack...Help!

As a military wife, I am sitting here with tears at the thought of this! How special! DH wasn't able to take leave on the last deployment and I was bummed. We went to Disney after he got homea dn it was for DDs birthday. I can't imagine him surprising her! :cloud9:

I arrive on the 22nd at CSR then move to the BCV on the 27th and stay until Oct 2nd. Where are you staying? When do you arrive?

I saw that someone already answered but your ADR's are made 90 days from your arrival date and then 10 days from that day. I found a link to a place that tells you the exact day 90 days is but let me find it again. Of course when I called I have gotten 3 different dates so I am just going to call on the dates they told me and keep trying.

I want LeCelliers, Boma's, Chef Mickey. Those are my top three, then the rest is all just fun. Maybe Yatchsman? Do you know where you are going to eat? We try to plan around the park hours and where we think we may be on what day. We don't go to EMH in the pm so that is park and restaurants we don't book at for those days. Trica is also going to WDW around the same time. We should all just plan to say Hi at some point, maybe have a drink???

Yes we should. I won;t have hoppers, but I will let you know what parks I will be in on which days.

Wow, I am posting a lot, you guys can tell me if I am annoying. There is other stuff I need to be doing but I wanted to show off the bucket hat. It was so fast without having to sew all the patches together!

IMG_1669.jpg

IMG_1666.jpg

That is adorable. I saw the one with the ric rac the other day and thought that I should do that next time. It looks great.

Great Dress! Love the fabric too, what a find!

Love the Hat!

Ooo! Love all the fabric finds! I may have to go to JoAnn and see what they have on sale! Thanks for the tip :)

mousepurse.jpg

mice.jpg
mpurselining.jpg

Really cute purse. And I agree, I would want to put the mice on everything too.

I finished my first gathered skirt a few weeks ago. Somehow I managed to get the shorts & skirt top a little different in size so they're not perfectly lined up:confused3:confused: so don't look too close!
DSC04775.jpg

? on the easy fit pants--did I read it right to subtract 3-5" from the waist measurement for the elastic? I subtracted 3" & it's a little tight on DD. Maybe I just did a bad job of measuring or changed #s in my head? :upsidedow

You can get the comic book boards at a comic book store :thumbsup2 or you can also order them online. You are looking for the ones that have silver something in the name.

I think it was Linnette that posted about the thread cones, but I'm not sure where they were.[/QUOTE]

Thanks!!!

mousepurse.jpg

mice.jpg
mpurselining.jpg

LOVE THE MICE!!! ADORABLE!!!

? on the easy fit pants--did I read it right to subtract 3-5" from the waist measurement for the elastic? I subtracted 3" & it's a little tight on DD. Maybe I just did a bad job of measuring or changed #s in my head? :upsidedow

I think it might depend on the elastic you use - for the kids I sew for subtracting 4 inches works perfectly - I use the 3/4 inch no roll elastic from walmart - I prestretch it and then measure it (someone gave me that tip after all my kids elastic was too loose) - also make sure you arent overlapping the ends too much.....

I love the Mermaid skirt!!!

That's so GREAT!!! LMK if you need help with anything, since we'll be there at the same time. We're also going to be in the area a day or 2 before we get there visiting family. So, if there's anything I can do to help, I'd love to. We're staying at POP--where will you be?

Thank you all for your reply to my post. I have checked out the website youcanmakethis.com and it looks great!! I will gve it a try. anymore suggestions are still appreciated :)

Lisa

That's so GREAT!!! LMK if you need help with anything, since we'll be there at the same time. We're also going to be in the area a day or 2 before we get there visiting family. So, if there's anything I can do to help, I'd love to. We're staying at POP--where will you be?

Awww thanks, that is so sweet! Do you know what days you will be in what parks yet? We normally stay at Shades of Green, but since military gets 40% off this year, we decided to try the Poly. We will be there from Aug 15th-23rd. I've been meaning to start a PTR, but since I started sewing for the trip, I haven't found the time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter