Disboutiquers Part 14 Kids Disney Boutique / Customs Clothes psst..we sew

Status
Not open for further replies.
Officially quit my job today and gave 2 weeks notice. Kinda feeling bad because I really do like working there. Just think they have some kinks to work out! Well, now I have time to sew new outfits for out next Disney trip! Yah! Hope to be on here more often again!

I made this pattern today for a wrap dress and this is the sample test I made
I am undecided about what color for the sash ( obi-like) I borrowed the yellow one I made , the red/polka dots is just a piece of fabric , and I am thinking maybe a red one with yellow pipping..(have to go buy red fabric!!:mad:)

2008_06080008.jpg

2008_06080013.jpg

without the sash

2008_06080010.jpg

2008_06080014.jpg

linnette

I LOVE THE RED POLKA DOT! I really makes the whole dress pop! Great job - it's another fabulous Linnette creation!

I am undecided about what color for the sash ( obi-like) I borrowed the yellow one I made , the red/polka dots is just a piece of fabric , and I am thinking maybe a red one with yellow pipping..(have to go buy red fabric!!:mad:)

2008_06080008.jpg

2008_06080013.jpg

without the sash

2008_06080010.jpg

2008_06080014.jpg

linnette

I really like it with the red polka dot fabric

:flower3:I hope everyone who is sick will get to feeling better soon.:flower3:

Are there any tutorials out there or hints for altering a pair of jean to have ruffles or flares at the bottom??? TIA!

Are there any tutorials out there or hints for altering a pair of jean to have ruffles or flares at the bottom??? TIA!

I know there's one on YCMT. Have you checked the bookmarks? Basically, what you do is cut off the bottom hem, open up the seam a little bit (just a few inches), gather a double thickness piece of fabric, sew to the bottom of the pants, sew the seam back as well as the ends of the ruffle in one seam. It's very simple.

Which fabric store are you talking about? The ones on Harry Hines? I've actually never been down there. Right here around me we have Joann's, Hancocks, Hobby Lobby and one very good quilt shop. There is also a really great store that sells decorating fabric that I've been to also that has a store located on Harry Hines.
Yeah - Harry Hines, that's what I was thinking of.

Yes, there is. You are probably tons better by now, but if it ever happens again, the MD can order a mouth wash/rinse that you gargle at the back of your throat. It has viscous lidocaine, mylanta, and benadryl liquid in it. It will numb the back of your throat like a charm!

That sounds like the stuff my Dr. gave me last month. I couldn't use it - it was thick and tasted horrible! Couldn't keep it in my mouth for more than a couple of seconds.

2008_06080013.jpg

linnette

LOVE the red polka dot!!

That would have been me!
IMG_0652.jpg

I'm not sure where you could find a pattern. However, it's pretty much just a piece with points cut out. It would be fairly simple to free hand. Fold a piece of paper, trace out half of the design, cut it out, walah! Pattern! Did that make sense?
Good idea, I'll do it that way; I just hate freehanding pieces like that; that are exact kwim? I can't believe the S people stopped making that pattern! uggghhh. Thanks though! I'm just gonna keep repeating, I think I can over and over LOL
A little advice, or opinions needed. I am working on DD's princess dress for one of the princess breakfasts... I've gotten all the appliques done and the embroidery and just finished cutting the pieces and now I am second guessing myself. I loved these fabrics when I bought them, but now I am having second thoughts about them together. Also I was doing the print fabric half the width of the princess pieces, but now I can't decide if that looks right or not. I have a total of 8 princesses, and I was trying to keep it from having to be ruffled so much that you couldn't see them, that is why I went with half size. I have enough of the fabric to cut new pieces if you think it looks funny. I would love your alls opinions before I get it all together, I am afraid I will second guess myself when I finish, so I would rather ask now. These are just some of the pieces, there will be 8 princesses total, but it was too wide for a picture.

001.jpg

005-1.jpg

002.jpg

004-1.jpg
That is going to be gorgeous! I really like the thinner strips between.
I really love it just the way you have it! It is gorgeous, I can't wait to see the finished product! I made this 7 dwarves skirt with narrower strips between the dwarves. I do that a lot. I like the look of it.

DSCN4311-2-1.jpg
Super Cute!!!!
Officially quit my job today and gave 2 weeks notice. Kinda feeling bad because I really do like working there. Just think they have some kinks to work out! Well, now I have time to sew new outfits for out next Disney trip! Yah! Hope to be on here more often again!
Congrats on your SAHM status!

Linette; love, love, love, love, love the red polka dot sash, too!!!

I cannot use the ruffler and I cannot MULTI_QUOTE!!:mad:

somehow I lost all my quotes!!!

Prayers for those in need of them:hug:

Jessica: LOVE, LOVE the t shirt:love:

Wendy: Hoping you feel better soon!!!:hug:

Love, :love:the princesses tutu's princess:

PrincessKell: Love the outfit you made for your daughter's last day of school, love your daughter's smile and hair!!!!

3huskymom: Do you know if there any more dalmatian fabric available...I would love:rolleyes1 (2yrds) some

Miranda819: Cannot wait to see the complete outfit:worship:

Jeannie: :worship::worship::worship :love:the 7 dwarfs skirt:lovestruc

Marah(emcreative) Take care , rest and hope you feel better soon!!!:hug:

teresa: did you do the dress for Arminda? I had tears when I read about the quilt and fabric find, oh my, what are the chances you will find the same fabric!!!!:hug: it makes the dress even more special....

I know I missed a lot more but as usual loving everything I see!!!!

On a funny note , today I went to see the dr, as I am beginning to show issues with the shunts and balance , the dr found that my pressure was really high even though I am taking medicine for it(atenolol ) so I told him I was just a little stress....He recommended that I take on a hobby:confused: when I asked for a suggestion he recommended SEWING!!!!:rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2: this was me...:scared1::confused::sad2::scared::mad:...If he only knew the cause of my stress has to do with sewing:rotfl2: (I've been asked to make a pattern for jeans and feeling bad not wanting to say NO I committed myself , now I am stressing as I know that is way, way over me:headache:)

Edited to add: Thank you all, polka dots it is!!!!!!!!

Linnette

3huskymom: Do you know if there any more dalmatian fabric available...I would love:rolleyes1 (2yrds) some

I will be going in there Friday or tomorrow if I have time. I have 3 others ahead of you so it will depend how much is left. I will let everyone know what I am able to get!

2008_06080008.jpg

2008_06080013.jpg

without the sash

2008_06080010.jpg

2008_06080014.jpg

linnette

I see you've already decided, but I just wanted to say that I also love the polka dots!!! What a beautiful dress - will you be selling the pattern? I'd love to make one!!

the bad news: i caught what the kids have!

oy vey crawling back into bed.
:wizard:Hope you get over it quickly!

2008_06080008.jpg

2008_06080013.jpg

without the sash

2008_06080010.jpg

2008_06080014.jpg

linnette
Beautiful! Love the kite fabric!!!

No "mights" about it girl. It's a done deal!! I'm there for 3 nights 4 days from Mon- Thursday. Maybe I'll make it 4 nights 5 days. We'll see. I'm at..... where else???? AKV.

I so ESITED!!!! (That is how Corey use to say excited when he was little!)

OOH, I'll post pics and tell a fanny pack story in a minute.

I stalled out yesterday on DDs shorts.... I didn't like the way the ruffle looked so I am now trying to decide if they are long enough without.
So, this morning I got to work on some capri's... with drawstrings just above the cuff. I have some like this and was thinking how cute they would be on her.... I used the Easy fit for the basic pants and winged the rest.....
th_drawstringcapris.jpg

I like them... not love, but they are growing on me. I wish I had made them longer. I need to tinker a bit with the drawstrings... they might be to long.
I thought about just putting the drawstrings thru the bottom cuff.... maybe next time I feel like trying something crazy :)
I LOVE those!!! That is such a cute idea!!! What a cute little twist on the easy fits!!! I want to try that for Lyddie!
I just LOVE that skirt!!!! Thanks for posting it again!

A little advice, or opinions needed. I am working on DD's princess dress for one of the princess breakfasts... I've gotten all the appliques done and the embroidery and just finished cutting the pieces and now I am second guessing myself. I loved these fabrics when I bought them, but now I am having second thoughts about them together. Also I was doing the print fabric half the width of the princess pieces, but now I can't decide if that looks right or not. I have a total of 8 princesses, and I was trying to keep it from having to be ruffled so much that you couldn't see them, that is why I went with half size. I have enough of the fabric to cut new pieces if you think it looks funny. I would love your alls opinions before I get it all together, I am afraid I will second guess myself when I finish, so I would rather ask now. These are just some of the pieces, there will be 8 princesses total, but it was too wide for a picture.

th_001.jpg
I absolutely LOVE this!!! It is so cute!! It looks great like it is, with the thinner strips!

Yep, I have a cradle right in our room at the foot of our bed. With Megan as a baby DH moved her to her room (across the hall) on week 2 or 3, but she was having bottles of formula at night. He has not asked to move Hannah- but Im prepared since i have that new bed in her room, I would move with her. he sleeps right through her "complaining' and I flip on a nightlight to nurse. She seems to have a good latch, she certainly is getting bigger all the time, has a suck-swallow thing. But 10-15 minutes is her average. We are still trying to get her to reverse her night and day. And of course her favorite time to sleep is around 6pm-10pm. I almost always initiate nursing her- she might get mildly "complainy" she sounds like a little lamb baaing- and it takes a lot to get her to cry to be fed- usually because it's not happening fast enough. LOL. I think it's just a "in due time" thing.
!

I'm no doctor, but it really sounds like you are doing everything right!!! You reading her signals before she has to cry! :thumbsup2 You couldn't move the cradle to the side of your bed could you? I found that easier than at the end of the bed. We tried it both ways with Corey.

the good news: my new sewing machine came today!

Oh no!! Get better soon!

th_2008_06080013.jpg

linnette
I LOVE this so much!!! It is just adorable!!! That kite fabric would be perfect for Tessa!!! Where did you find it!!!

I hope you enjoy staying home. :hug: Have fun sewing!

Steph made a really good flare legged pants tutorial. It's in her blog, and I put it in the bookmarks.

ETA: Here it is: http://stephres.wordpress.com/2009/02/04/hippie-jeans/
teresa: did you do the dress for Arminda? I had tears when I read about the quilt and fabric find, oh my, what are the chances you will find the same fabric!!!!:hug: it makes the dress even more special....

Linnette

Linnette, you do too much!!! :hug:

And, thank you! Yes, I did get the dress made! I was so happy to find that fabric too!!! I'll post some pictures in a minute.

I really like the princess dot for the thinner strips. Where did you get that, who is the designer?

2008_06080008.jpg

2008_06080013.jpg

linnette

Linette, I love this dress sooo much! And I especially love the red polka dot. Are you going to have a tutorial for that?

Being a horribe procrastinator, I put off these outfits until the last minute and had to sew them all on Tuesday!!!

For Alexis for the Big Give:

Snow White:
4659_88696128159_677208159_1920774_.jpg

and, I added a little cape:
4659_88696133159_677208159_1920775_.jpg

Then, I made Arminda's 5th grade graduation dress out of the quilt matching material. There were a few moments of panic when we couldn't find the fabric, but it was located behind the couch!!!

4659_88694983159_677208159_1920761_.jpg

She wanted to wear the lei from the Polynesian in her hair! :lovestruc
4659_88694988159_677208159_1920762_.jpg

I went to her graduation today. Heather cried at the beginning and I cried at the end! :sad1: My little baby girl, going to middle school!

And, after I finished Arminda's dress, I started on Lydia's. Cute story about Lydia's dress: I was asking Lydia on Saturday if she wanted me to make her a new dress for the last day of school. She said, "Yes, I want you to make me one with frowny faces on it!" She was not happy to have to leave her wonderful teacher! I was very sad about that too!!!
But, instead of the frowny faces, I decided on a beachy dress, because they were have a "beach" party at school:

4659_88694958159_677208159_1920757_.jpg

4659_88694973159_677208159_1920759_.jpg

And the fanny pack story for Karen! I too Arminda out today after she got home. And, do you know what she INSISTED on wearing over her pretty little dress??????

A FANNY PACK!!!

I begged and I pleaded for her to take it off, but she would NOT! So, Karen, I thought of you again today!!! :thumbsup2

I have made two pettiskirts using chiffon from afc-express and an interpretation of the martha stewart tutorial. I also got some great ideas from Flea's tutorial on her blog (for the second one)! They both turned out nice, but the second one is better and I love it! I made them for my 9 month old little girl and used just shy of 4 yards for a petti about 8 inches long. So, in other words it takes a bit more than Martha says. But since it is pretty cheap chiffon, it's okay. I don't buy their satin, cause it seems expensive - I just get some from Hancock's or JoAnns. You don't use very much of it anyway.

This was my first:
th_DSC_0158.jpg
th_4410_93384507578_702772578_1925654_.jpg

Jess
They both look great! Love the white and blue one!! Your baby girl is adorable!!
Trying photos again!
Giselle--Enchanted Tutu--Central Park Dress
100_1517.jpg

Snow White Tutu
100_1512.jpg

Ariel Tutu
ariel.jpg

Esmeralda--Hunchback of Notre Dame Tutu
100_1507.jpg

Made Minnie Mouse and Tinkerbell tutus for DD's 2nd birthday (though less full than these) and she wore them all day (ha! 1 at a time that is!) every day on her birthday trip last fall. I kept thinking up designs for character tutus and ended up making (so far) 10 different characters, with designs for at least 20 more. Very fun for me and DD of course loves my hobby :)

I resized to "medium"--the xl was distorting the thread--hope that's ok!
Great Ideas!! My favs are the giselle and the esmerelda!
Where did you get all the different colors of tulle?
I stalled out yesterday on DDs shorts.... I didn't like the way the ruffle looked so I am now trying to decide if they are long enough without.
So, this morning I got to work on some capri's... with drawstrings just above the cuff. I have some like this and was thinking how cute they would be on her.... I used the Easy fit for the basic pants and winged the rest.....
drawstringcapris.jpg

I like them... not love, but they are growing on me. I wish I had made them longer. I need to tinker a bit with the drawstrings... they might be to long.
I thought about just putting the drawstrings thru the bottom cuff.... maybe next time I feel like trying something crazy
I think they look great! Very cute!

th_001.jpg
If you're worried about it being to long and gathered to much go with the narrower strips. Otherwise I think you did and awesome Job!! I like the strip fabric I think all the colors go really well together and the crowns are very fitting!
I need some help I am making my DN a TuTu dress for her birthday she is on the small side and I want it to be a surprise so I cannot measure the bean so I need help, here is a pic of her from last week,
l_2ecbfe8e739346d9a60095fe6448a8bc.jpg

That suit was 12mos. I am thinking 20in for her chest and 12 in Long :confused3
I can measure a 12 month shirt or outfit if you want. They're all laying on tables in my garage!

th_2008_06080008.jpg
th_2008_06080013.jpg

without the sash
th_2008_06080010.jpg
th_2008_06080014.jpg

linnette
Great Job Linnette!! Both colors are look wonderful! Can I ask about what size is that dress and how much bias tape you used?
Being a horribe procrastinator, I put off these outfits until the last minute and had to sew them all on Tuesday!!!

Snow White:
th_4659_88696128159_677208159_1920774_.jpg

th_4659_88696133159_677208159_1920775_.jpg

Then, I made Arminda's 5th grade graduation dress out of the quilt matching material. There were a few moments of panic when we couldn't find the fabric, but it was located behind the couch!!!

th_4659_88694983159_677208159_1920761_.jpg

th_4659_88694988159_677208159_1920762_.jpg

I went to her graduation today. Heather cried at the beginning and I cried at the end! :sad1: My little baby girl, going to middle school!

And, after I finished Arminda's dress, I started on Lydia's. Cute story about Lydia's dress: I was asking Lydia on Saturday if she wanted me to make her a new dress for the last day of school. She said, "Yes, I want you to make me one with frowny faces on it!" She was not happy to have to leave her wonderful teacher! I was very sad about that too!!!
But, instead of the frowny faces, I decided on a beachy dress, because they were have a "beach" party at school:

th_4659_88694958159_677208159_1920757_.jpg
th_4659_88694973159_677208159_1920759_.jpg

And the fanny pack story for Karen! I too Arminda out today after she got home. And, do you know what she INSISTED on wearing over her pretty little dress??????

A FANNY PACK!!!

I begged and I pleaded for her to take it off, but she would NOT! So, Karen, I thought of you again today!!! :thumbsup2
Lucas' teacher cried on the last day of preschool while she read a story about a racoon going off to school. It was very sweet. And when she let the tears flow we all let them go!
Love the dresses!! Is your weather being as unpredictable as ours is? First armindas in short socks and showing her bare arms then lydia has pants under her dress?! I'm just wondering if Summer will ever arrive in this neck of the woods?? So next fall you'll have three kids in three different schools! My mom experienced that feat as well!

Did you read that people???? FINALLY! A kindred spirit! :cloud9: Do you like pink boas by any chance??? :lovestruc
:lmao:

HEY, GUYS! Just wanted to give you all a heads up! Check out Carla's new tunic pattern - she made PATTERN OF THE WEEK!
http://www.examiner.com/x-6935-Sewing-Examiner~y2009m6d9-Pattern-pick-of-the-week
WAY TO GO, CARLA! WOO HOO!
How exciting! Congrats Carla!
I have made two pettiskirts using chiffon from afc-express and an interpretation of the martha stewart tutorial. I also got some great ideas from Flea's tutorial on her blog (for the second one)! They both turned out nice, but the second one is better and I love it! I made them for my 9 month old little girl and used just shy of 4 yards for a petti about 8 inches long. So, in other words it takes a bit more than Martha says. But since it is pretty cheap chiffon, it's okay. I don't buy their satin, cause it seems expensive - I just get some from Hancock's or JoAnns. You don't use very much of it anyway.

This was my first:
DSC_0158.jpg

This, my second. It is much fuller. I changed a few settings. I find them really easy, just time consuming. This is the best picture of it I have right now.
4410_93384507578_702772578_1925654_.jpg

Jess
Oh no.. I only have 3 yards of the chiffon. Can I order more and it will work, or can it not be pieced together??? I want it to be fluffy! I have the pink in the first picture. Love the second one though. How adorable!

Hey, you asked about milkcrates the other day and I kept forgetting to answer you!!! My husband works at a grocery store and he told me that the milk and most of the dairy products come to the store in milk crates. Those belong to the dairy company though. I think they might get rid of them periodically when they are wearing out. But, most of the milk crates people would have now are the ones they sell at Walmart and Target just for storing things in.

Oh cool.. didn't know they sold them in the stores. We don't have a Target in our little town. I have to go to New Orleans to get to Target. Hubby doesn't like me going there. Surely he won't understand my need for milk crates.
That is really cute! I have a Children's Corner pattern with pants that are very similar.

I just remember that "P"erla wears "P"urple.
Thanks! I will remember that.

I am going to make my DN a tutu Dress for her First Birthday, I was thinking White, Hot Pink and Blue to match her bow with this ribbon.
cupcakeribbon.jpg

What do you think?
Very pretty ribbon. I think it will look great. Cupcakes seem to be very popular.

the good news: my new sewing machine came today!

Aww.. hope you feel better.

Miranda - I lost your quote, but I wanted tos ay that your princesses are beautiful! The only thing I'd be worried about is that you try to make it to where you can read the words. When you gather it might bunch it up... Disneylovinfamily(sorry.. i forget names too easily) made a dress using triangle-like panels for the skirt of the dress. I made a skirt that way to avoid the gathering issues. Not sure if you will even have problems with it. I just seem to... ;)
I really like the colors you picked out. It is perfect! I know how much time that look. :worship:

Not sure if I posted this dress. I doubt it. I decided to upload it to photobucket, so I thought I would share. I made this for our trips to the aquarium. I love going there, and Hannah finally likes it too.. :thumbsup2
In the first one we had stopped at the Louisiana Children's Museum after the aquarium. She is in the restaurant cooking us dinner. I guess we are having.. um... breadsticks? I think that is what it is.
childrensmuseum.jpg

Hannahinwhale.jpg

backoffishydress.jpg

hannahonfroggie.jpg

Here is one of my 3 stitch outs for the sewing mouse. I have come to understand she is Mary... I guess. :)
perlastitchout.jpg

No matter how many times I stitched it out the outline on the bottom of the dress wouldn't come out right. I kept messing with the design, and it would be off in another place. I give up.. I'm deleting the outline. :snooty:
I didn't delete my jump threads as I went, so that is why it looks kinda fuzzy. I couldn't find my little sharp snippers anywhere. I will stitch this out onto my shirt tomorrow with the Disboutiquers attached. I took it off for Hannah's shirt.

EDITED TO ADD THIS:

perlamousedis-1.jpg

Snow White:

A FANNY PACK!!!

Wow.. You went all out on that Big Give outfit. It looks great. I love Snow White.
Arminda's quilt dress is really pretty. Is the sash attached? I always wonder that.
I just adore Lydia's dress. It is so pretty! How do you do that little thing in her hair? I know I saw someone else on here post with those in their childs hair.. is this something i need to know?? :confused3

I had a frustrating day. I'm off to bed.. probably to stare at the ceiling for a few hours, but still. :laughing:

Snow White:

A FANNY PACK!!!

I love the dresses! I just cleaned out my closet and found not one but 2 Fanny packs!! :lmao:
:lmao:

How exciting! Congrats Carla!

Oh no.. I only have 3 yards of the chiffon. Can I order more and it will work, or can it not be pieced together??? I want it to be fluffy! I have the pink in the first picture. Love the second one though. How adorable!

Oh cool.. didn't know they sold them in the stores. We don't have a Target in our little town. I have to go to New Orleans to get to Target. Hubby doesn't like me going there. Surely he won't understand my need for milk crates.

That is really cute! I have a Children's Corner pattern with pants that are very similar.

Thanks! I will remember that.

Very pretty ribbon. I think it will look great. Cupcakes seem to be very popular.

Aww.. hope you feel better.

Miranda -
Not sure if I posted this dress. I doubt it. I decided to upload it to photobucket, so I thought I would share. I made this for our trips to the aquarium. I love going there, and Hannah finally likes it too.. :thumbsup2
In the first one we had stopped at the Louisiana Children's Museum after the aquarium. She is in the restaurant cooking us dinner. I guess we are having.. um... breadsticks? I think that is what it is.
childrensmuseum.jpg

Hannahinwhale.jpg

backoffishydress.jpg

hannahonfroggie.jpg

Here is one of my 3 stitch outs for the sewing mouse. I have come to understand she is Mary... I guess. :)
perlastitchout.jpg

No matter how many times I stitched it out the outline on the bottom of the dress wouldn't come out right. I kept messing with the design, and it would be off in another place. I give up.. I'm deleting the outline. :snooty:
I didn't delete my jump threads as I went, so that is why it looks kinda fuzzy. I couldn't find my little sharp snippers anywhere. I will stitch this out onto my shirt tomorrow with the Disboutiquers attached. I took it off for Hannah's shirt.
perlastitchout.jpg

I like the Fish outfit.

Disneymommy~ I ended up going with 18in elastic. I like it, but I think I am going to head to Wal-Mart tomorrow to get some fake flowers to add to it. I also made it long since I can shape it when I give it to my Sis.
Madi Sqeeeeeeeeed into it then was mad it wasnt for her:lmao:
Abbystutudress009-1.jpg

Abbystutudress010-1.jpg

They both look great! Love the white and blue one!! Your baby girl is adorable!!

Great Ideas!! My favs are the giselle and the esmerelda!
Where did you get all the different colors of tulle?

I think they look great! Very cute!

If you're worried about it being to long and gathered to much go with the narrower strips. Otherwise I think you did and awesome Job!! I like the strip fabric I think all the colors go really well together and the crowns are very fitting!

I can measure a 12 month shirt or outfit if you want. They're all laying on tables in my garage!

Great Job Linnette!! Both colors are look wonderful! Can I ask about what size is that dress and how much bias tape you used?

Lucas' teacher cried on the last day of preschool while she read a story about a racoon going off to school. It was very sweet. And when she let the tears flow we all let them go!
Love the dresses!! Is your weather being as unpredictable as ours is? First armindas in short socks and showing her bare arms then lydia has pants under her dress?! I'm just wondering if Summer will ever arrive in this neck of the woods?? So next fall you'll have three kids in three different schools! My mom experienced that feat as well!

I am glad that you guys liked the dress, as usual I always stress so much,the dress is a size 8/10 --chest 28-- I used almost 5 yrds of bias tape

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter