• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disboutiquers Part 14 Kids Disney Boutique / Customs Clothes psst..we sew

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi All,
i broke down and ordered the Feliz pattern today, but I am scared of it!!!! Did I see something mentioned in an earlier post that said there is a tutorial floating around out there??? Can someone PLEASE post the link?
Thanks!
Christi

Hi guys, I am not real sure where to post this, someone mentioned the "design" board. So if i'm in the wrong spot, "tease" away :) and send me where I am supposed to go.

I am looking for someone to help me design a monogram for my wedding. I am wanting to get some sort of design (monogram, dates, and table number) and print them out on vellum, wrap the vellum around a votive candle, and make a luminary.

Our monogram is CRJ and our wedding date is September 6th, 2009.

Thanks in advance.

monogram.jpg

Looking for a little extra prayers and PD please.

So DH is due in (as of now) at 10 pm tomorrow, but he is going to try to get home before that.
I checked the airline he is scheduled on and they have 4 seat in coach and 10 in first class leaving Baltimore at 2 pm. This would put him and his fellow squadron mates in four hours earlier. :thumbsup2

Please think good thoughts for a 2 pm (or earlier) departure from Baltimore.

Say, do you think they would bump them up to 1st class? They will al be in uniform. I don't know how many guys he is traveling with so I don't know how many seats are needed.

I know this may seem a bit silly because it is only a few hours.... but these past few days are the slowest ever! :sad2:

Started sewing a dress & lost my drive over the bottom ruffle. Have a ruffle foot on order, but I don't know how to use it.

Go on youcanmakethis.com and find the FREE ruffler tutorial by CarlaC. I just used it last weekend and it's very helpful! I used my ruffler that came with my 1950s Singer 301 that I mostly use for quilt piecing.

So DH is due in (as of now) at 10 pm tomorrow, but he is going to try to get home before that.
I checked the airline he is scheduled on and they have 4 seat in coach and 10 in first class leaving Baltimore at 2 pm. This would put him and his fellow squadron mates in four hours earlier. :thumbsup2

Say, do you think they would bump them up to 1st class? They will al be in uniform. I don't know how many guys he is traveling with so I don't know how many seats are needed.

I know this may seem a bit silly because it is only a few hours.... but these past few days are the slowest ever! :sad2:

OMGoodness how exciting!!! I will keep them in my prayers as they come home! I know how excited my DD was today when her DH came home from a 2 week underway! How long have they been gone?

Linnette, the obi pattern from modkid is not lined with anything. It has the ribbon coming out of each end and you bring the ribbon around to the front to tie.

Hey ladies and Tom; I'm not sure if I should post this here but just thought I'd ask. When we were at Disney last year, the kids loved the music at the Nemo show. Well, wouldn't ya know it, but they were out of the CD everywhere. None to be found. Luckily, they found something else to obsess about and I was off the hook...until now... we made the mistake of rewatching the season of Disney marathon on the travel channel, and all I have heard in two days is my kiddo with autism singing "In the big blue world, In the big blue world" over and over and over and over because those are the only two lines she remembers. It sounds lovely, but the lack of variety is starting to drive me insane and we are on Summer vacation so no break!!! If I can't find the cd somewhere soon I think I may need to be commited. So, if anyone is going soon, could they check it out for me? I'd really appreciate it, and of course would pay for it. I've checked with Disney, but they said they need the sku number, and the new online merchandise doesn't have it.
Sorry for this drive by, but now that song's in my head again:scared1::scared1:
you know if there is ever a product at disney world that you want to buy you can call their merchendise phone number and they will ship it to you, but be prepared to wait, it takes like 4 weeks for stuff to arrive

Glad you are doing well and that BF is going well!! I desperately want to be able to BF. . .

I'm doing well in the pg - thanks for thinking of those of us with the buns still in the oven!! I can't wait to hold my baby (keep daydreaming about her)- but I am looking forward to seeing her next week (and making sure she is still a she, lol)!

Hope all continues to go well for you!
Hi Adi! Glad all is going well with you! Have fun at your u/s!

but next time I will make sure I have enoght fabric:thumbsup2

ok, I made the top and still pending on the obi (thanks ibesue---for your help--I am thinking maybe use fusible fleece for that padding effect:confused:)

ok, I made the top with a little more than 1/2 yrd from the "palace garden " fabric and used kona cotton (red) for the top and botton again I had about a little more than a yard:mad: (I should have waited and order more before doing the pants!!!) so for the pants I could not do the little flare up at the botton and they are almost capri length, so far this is how it looks ( how I hate not to have a little girl to test it on:mad:)

2008_06030010.jpg

pants ( again not happy as was not able to made as flared as I wanted)
2008_06030007.jpg

I pulled the bottom taps for the picture but it just to stay in peeking thru the sides...

KC10FAMILY ....PRAYERS SAID:hug:

Linnette

OMGoodness how exciting!!! I will keep them in my prayers as they come home! I know how excited my DD was today when her DH came home from a 2 week underway! How long have they been gone?

Thank you! He left in Jan.
I just called a friend at the base and he told me the plane left the Middle East and is on it's way. :woohoo: I could just cry!

Thank you! He left in Jan.
I just called a friend at the base and he told me the plane left the Middle East and is on it's way. :woohoo: I could just cry!

What wonderful news. Safe (and speedy) travels to your husband and his fellow soldiers.

are you talking about the elastic thread you use in the bobbin ? sometimes to get it to the desire "shirr" you use the steam from your iron to shrink the elastic - but sometimes it is not necessary

for this top I only had to double the hips measurements and shirr using the elastic thread

2008_05300002.jpg

I did not have to steam it( I was lucky:thumbsup2)

HTH

today I worked on this top and not too sure about the colors .. I only had about a yard of each the band is just placed not done yet as I have to figure out how to do it ...does anyone knows how it is called ...I might be able to go to chinatown and look for a band (need one to take it appart and learn how to do it:thumbsup2)

2008_06020061.jpg

any ideas on what other band color will go????

Linnette

Linnette, I love your dresses. I have to try that Micky one. How do you reinforce the side seam where you end the elastic? I've been wanting to do something like this, but I have been skeered of it all coming loose. I've some shirring on the back, but felt pretty confident becuase of the side seams.

For your Japanese dress, what about doing something like a wrap dress. They have a large button hole on the sides the tie goes through the hole and wraps around. There is a costume pattern, and I know you design your own, but maybe that would help to look at. And if you get a good sale, cheaper then buying the real thing?

Wow, I just looked at some of the pictures posted (ssshhhh, I am supposed to be working), and I am amazed at all of the projects. I love to sew for our Disney trips and have a Viking Designer 1, Viking #1+, Viking 1002LCD Serger, Brother 180D to embroider my Disney designs, and a Janome CoverPro coverstitch machine. I leave on Sunday for a week at the World, and am finishing up some embroidery and sewing for ME for the trip. I did embroider for my 6 year old DD, but the other 3 kids said they are too old for this anymore. :(

I doubt I will be able to post any pictures before I leave as I still have a pair of capris to finish, another to sew and 4 tops to embroidery before tomorrow night. Yikes! I am a single mom to 4 still at home and work and go to school, so my Disney sewing is pretty basic anymore. I did make a pair of Tinkerbell overalls and denim type jacket for my daughter when she was two that took a sweepstakes and 2 first place ribbons at the MN state fair. I also made a pair of Toy Story overalls that same year that took another 1st place. :) I love using Ottobre Design magazine patterns for sewing with the kids!

Tammy

Welcome Tammy, looking forward to seeing your pictures when you get back. I've never tried anything from Octtobre. Maybe you can recommend something, or where to get the pattern (is this from a magazine?)

Linnette, I love your dresses. I have to try that Micky one. How do you reinforce the side seam where you end the elastic? I've been wanting to do something like this, but I have been skeered of it all coming loose. I've some shirring on the back, but felt pretty confident becuase of the side seams.

I'm not Linnette, but when I made the pink mickey sundress a couple of years ago, I backstitched the shirring , sewed the side seam and then serged it. I have done this on all the sundress's I have made since then and they are still going strong:thumbsup2

Hope this helps.

Have any of you ever done the Perfectly Princess Tea Party at the Grand Floridian? Looking for opinions on it, the price is pretty steep, $225.00 for DD and I. What did you all think?

Also we are planning our trip, what night would you do MNSSHP , Tuesday Sept 15 or Friday Sept 18? We are hoping the crowds will be light in mid-september, but you never know. Any opinions?:)

I hope that your dh makes it home early tomorrow and that they day flies on by for you!

Emily

Have any of you ever done the Perfectly Princess Tea Party at the Grand Floridian? Looking for opinions on it, the price is pretty steep, $225.00 for DD and I. What did you all think?

Also we are planning our trip, what night would you do MNSSHP , Tuesday Sept 15 or Friday Sept 18? We are hoping the crowds will be light in mid-september, but you never know. Any opinions?:)

I had been considering the tea party but want to wait until Hayleigh is a bit older. She just turned 4. As for the MNSSHP I would go on Friday. On TUesday most families have really geared up into their vacation and on Friday most will probably be thinking about getting ready to pack to go home. That is unless the locals will go to it on Friday but I'm guessing that early in the season the locals really shouldn't affect that until it gets closer to Halloween. But of course those are just my humble opinions...:flower3:

I have a question on a couple of the precious dress samples that are out there....namely revrob's and Tom's. It appears there is a skirt under the actual dress. Is this attached to the dress or is it a slip you made to go under the dresses to add fullness? I like the look of the eyelet fabric under the dress and wanted to try to replicate that. TIA!:confused:

I am done ...no more pictures of the same dress:scared: but this is my take in the obi (used fusible fleece to give body)

2008_06030017.jpg

I should have used a different color for the side straps but I did not have any red or black fabric available ...isn't it funny that you could have all that amount of fabric and never have the one you need at hand:confused3

2008_06030013-1.jpg

done will not even try to fix it, maybe do another one with different fabrics:confused:

Linnette

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter