• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disboutiquers Part 13 Kids Disney Boutique / Customs Clothes psst..we sew

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know anything about these Singers but is there somewhere/something that you can update the software so it will work with Vista? I know my brother I could update for different reasons. Not sure this applies to this situation though.

Yes they do have the USB upgrade available but so far no upgrade for 64bit Vista. :sad2:

http://

This will be Kenzie's Epcot WS dress. I bought extra of all the fabric to make something for me to match, but I need some ideas. I have a lot of the peach and chinese woman fabrics, but only a little of the letter fabric I used on her ruffles.

This is my first time posting! I would like to tell everybody I love all the sewing you guys do! I started sewing a year ago and now I'm really in love with making dresses for my daughter! And she loves them too! I'll post some pictures of my sewing later! Thanks for all the ispirational sewing projects they really make me want to expand my horizons!

Welcome..I can't wait to see pictures!

th_IMG_8495.jpg
th_IMG_8480.jpg

Lori

Love, love the Bolt set! My kids love the movie...and the elephant set is adorable, too!

Hey, weren't you one of the ones telling ME they could have "multiple clothing changes per day"?? hehehehe!

Well she does have 3 epcot dresses already :rolleyes1

should I make her change between each ride too?:rotfl:

Yes, yes..make her change between each rides! There is nothing wrong with that. LOL Last year, my kids had at least 2 outfits for each day and we did change in between rides!

Hey guys. everyone has posted some great stuff. All the wonderful applique tees reminded me that never shared the tee that I did the other day.
th_DSCF0003-1.jpg

It took me 3 hours to do, but i am really pretty happy with it. I got it centered on the tee, and there was only one boo-boo on the shoe which I was able to trim down and fix after I snapped the pic. I am really starting to get the hang of the new achine and I am getting comfortable with it. I am sooo glad I waited and got the Singer with the 5x7 hoop rather than gettng the brother with the 4x4 hoop.

That came out great!

We're home now and she's okay. Her biodad just totally overreacted. Ugh, out until after midnight with little ones is no fun. She came back with us and is doing fine.

(She has had severe asthma since she was a baby, and is hospitalized multiple times a year for it, so it isn't anything "new" for us).

I am so glad that Hannah is OK!

Oh yeah and in talking her today I discovered that during the field trip to the zoo today, one of the parents seemed to think it was okay to walk from the bus into the zoo right next to my daughter SMOKING THE WHOLE FREAKING TIME! What part of "severe asthma" does the school not understand?!?! (She can't even go outside if it's under a certain temperature).

I feel a bit lady doggish but I really think I need to write to the teacher and the principal and tell them it is NOT acceptable for a parent to smoke on a field trip!!

I would definitely write a letter and complain. I don't think anyone should be smoking during a school field trip.

Hi Guys!!! Just wanted to say that I am a longtime lurker. I have been enjoying ya'll creations for awhile now. I took the plunge a few months ago and obtained a sewing machine.

Then I took on a project way to big for my sewing skills. LOL :rotfl2::rolleyes1

Got mad at myself and said machine and put it in the closet.

So now I am going to try again. Smaller on the project level. I am thinking of some pilowcase tops for my dd's. I think I should be able to handle these.

I love making hairbows. I like to create period. I just get flustered. ;)

:flower3:

Welcome!! If you have any questions, just ask away...the ladies here are great!

I love that Boo dress, and can't wait to see the Fancy Nancy dress.

Hey guys. everyone has posted some great stuff. All the wonderful applique tees reminded me that never shared the tee that I did the other day.
DSCF0003-1.jpg

It took me 3 hours to do, but i am really pretty happy with it. I got it centered on the tee, and there was only one boo-boo on the shoe which I was able to trim down and fix after I snapped the pic. I am really starting to get the hang of the new achine and I am getting comfortable with it. I am sooo glad I waited and got the Singer with the 5x7 hoop rather than gettng the brother with the 4x4 hoop.
It's adorable!
We're home now and she's okay. Her biodad just totally overreacted. Ugh, out until after midnight with little ones is no fun. She came back with us and is doing fine.

(She has had severe asthma since she was a baby, and is hospitalized multiple times a year for it, so it isn't anything "new" for us).
I'm so glad she's home and safe! We always keep a hospital bag pagked "just in case."
Oh yeah and in talking her today I discovered that during the field trip to the zoo today, one of the parents seemed to think it was okay to walk from the bus into the zoo right next to my daughter SMOKING THE WHOLE FREAKING TIME! What part of "severe asthma" does the school not understand?!?! (She can't even go outside if it's under a certain temperature).

I feel a bit lady doggish but I really think I need to write to the teacher and the principal and tell them it is NOT acceptable for a parent to smoke on a field trip!!
That is just nuts! Did the teacher even say anything?
LOL! There's a whole line of those fabrics. Cowboys, construction workers, Firemen, etc. I was at a sewing expo and they had made ironingboard covers out of it.
Wow; a cover out of that might "inspire" me to actually iron a bit more LOL
I am working on some custom outfits for a friend of mine's DD. She is 10 and they are leaving for Disney World June 1st. I am going to sew on some ribbons on a white t-shirt and then applique on a pirate mickey head. I have a pair of white bermuda shorts to go with it and for the life of me can't come up with an idea to do the shorts. Add more ribbon? Skull and cross bones? another mickey head? some kind of saying? Help please :confused:
Maybe a bit of the same ribbon you're using on the top as a band around the legs? Or even plain, I hate to admit it, but when they get a bit older, less is sometimes more.
http://

This will be Kenzie's Epcot WS dress. I bought extra of all the fabric to make something for me to match, but I need some ideas. I have a lot of the peach and chinese woman fabrics, but only a little of the letter fabric I used on her ruffles.
I love it; as an idea, what about a sleeveless wrap top out of the chineese woman fabric w/ a ruffle detail like your DD's in the peach?

Hello !!! :yay: I just wanted to share with you how wonderful Tom, our sewing friend, is! He made my girls, not one, but TWO gorgeous dresses! They are so beautiful!!!!! I mean just gorgeous and so detailed and I just cried and cried happy tears as the girls were opening the gift. He made a beautiful Precious Dress (Carla's pattern) with out-of-print "Hannah Bella" fabric! It has gorgeous lace and a flower and a contrast hem....oh my...it's to die for! And for Devon, he made a Snow White Precious Dress complete with all of the colors that Snow White dress has. I love the lace underskirt and the red dot fabric on the puffy sleeves!! Both will be treasured and worn with love!!! Thank you sooo much Tom!!!! We all are just glowing with happiness over this very very very kind and generous gesture. I cannot say thank you enough Tom! :hug::hug::hug::goodvibes :goodvibes :goodvibes:banana::banana::banana:::cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2:

Tom mentioned he didn't get any pics before he mailed it so I took lots of pics! (Tom, feel free to copy them!) OK EVERYONE here are LOTS of pics!!!!

IMGP8394.jpg

IMGP8395.jpg

IMGP8396.jpg

IMGP8397.jpg

IMGP8398.jpg

IMGP8399.jpg

IMGP8400.jpg

IMGP8401.jpg

IMGP8402.jpg

IMGP8403.jpg

IMGP8405.jpg

IMGP8406.jpg

Can I just say......

Tom, You're AWESOME!! [/SIZE ] What a sweetheart of a guy you are! they're beautiful!

Hello !!! :yay: I just wanted to share with you how wonderful Tom, our sewing friend, is! He made my girls, not one, but TWO gorgeous dresses! They are so beautiful!!!!! I mean just gorgeous and so detailed and I just cried and cried happy tears as the girls were opening the gift. He made a beautiful Precious Dress (Carla's pattern) with out-of-print "Hannah Bella" fabric! It has gorgeous lace and a flower and a contrast hem....oh my...it's to die for! And for Devon, he made a Snow White Precious Dress complete with all of the colors that Snow White dress has. I love the lace underskirt and the red dot fabric on the puffy sleeves!! Both will be treasured and worn with love!!! Thank you sooo much Tom!!!! We all are just glowing with happiness over this very very very kind and generous gesture. I cannot say thank you enough Tom! :
Tom mentioned he didn't get any pics before he mailed it so I took lots of pics! (Tom, feel free to copy them!) OK EVERYONE here are LOTS of pics!!!!

th_IMGP8394.jpg
th_IMGP8395.jpg
th_IMGP8396.jpg

th_IMGP8397.jpg
th_IMGP8398.jpg
th_IMGP8399.jpg

th_IMGP8400.jpg
th_IMGP8401.jpg
th_IMGP8402.jpg
th_IMGP8403.jpg

th_IMGP8405.jpg
th_IMGP8406.jpg

Cathy, I am glad that you got them already! Makes me smile to see those girls look so happy!
Don't look too close, I might have made one of them with little or no sleep!;)

Did you think that was all the pics I took??? No way...here are more :cool1:

Watching daddy mow the neighbors lawn....

IMGP8407.jpg

IMGP8408.jpg

IMGP8409.jpg

IMGP8410.jpg

I love this pic....

IMGP8411.jpg

IMGP8412.jpg

Running...

IMGP8413.jpg

IMGP8414.jpg

IMGP8415.jpg

OK I think that is it! :rolleyes1 Thanks for looking! Tom you are the best!!!!:banana::banana::banana::lovestruc :lovestruc:lovestruc

WOW!! Cathy you are one lucky girl!!! I had a feeling there might be 2 dresses in that package. TOM: once again you have outdone yourself (and possibly the rest of us:rotfl2:) Amazing!!!:love:

Tom, those are absolutely gorgeous! What a wonderful thing to do. You have inspired me to buy that pattern. I know odd coming from someone who doesn't have a girl!

Cathy, I think you got some models in the family! They look so beautiful! I never realized just how much your DD looks like Snow White!

Hello !!! :yay: I just wanted to share with you how wonderful Tom, our sewing friend, is! He made my girls, not one, but TWO gorgeous dresses! They are so beautiful!!!!! I mean just gorgeous and so detailed and I just cried and cried happy tears as the girls were opening the gift. He made a beautiful Precious Dress (Carla's pattern) with out-of-print "Hannah Bella" fabric! It has gorgeous lace and a flower and a contrast hem....oh my...it's to die for! And for Devon, he made a Snow White Precious Dress complete with all of the colors that Snow White dress has. I love the lace underskirt and the red dot fabric on the puffy sleeves!! Both will be treasured and worn with love!!! Thank you sooo much Tom!!!! We all are just glowing with happiness over this very very very kind and generous gesture. I cannot say thank you enough Tom! :hug::hug::hug::goodvibes :goodvibes :goodvibes:banana::banana::banana:::cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2:

IMGP8400.jpg

IMGP8401.jpg

OMGosh, could they be any cuter!!! Tom you did an awesome job with those dresses!!! (and I was so jealous that I didn't win!)

I've made a few things in anticipation of our upcoming trip. Only a week and a day to go now! (I've been going through pages and pages of all of your stuff and it's making me want to go back to the fabric store!)

3464065725_e5bbf64f5d_m.jpg

Yes, the princesses are upside down, but she likes them to be right side up when she looks down at them as she's wearing it.

3464882210_e1038090ac_m.jpg
3464066049_d55e2e9123_m.jpg

Shirt made from reclaimed fabric from a shirt I bought for myself years ago and never wore. It's the Big Five in teacups, a little hard to see in these smaller-sized photos.

3516395430_60a66e3df6_m.jpg

Okay, not sewn, but I did design the graphic and do the iron-on myself. It's for her to wear on her first full day at Disney.

3516775672_191ac7153b_m.jpg

Wall-E nightgown.

Okay, now I'm back to going through the previous postings to find some inspiration for my next project! :)

Can someone help me with shirring please??
I am not getting shirred fabric. I am getting straight fabric with elastic on the underside... it just isn't gathered. I have the elastic on the bobbin. How tightly do you wind the bobbin? The directions on the dress I am making say to wind it loosely, but surely that must be wrong huh??
I am so frustrated. I had to rip it all out because it never gathered. The directions said to steam it to make it gather.. that didn'twork either!
I have the whole dress finished except for shirring the neckline and sleeves.

Tom, the dresses are gorgeous. I made a snow white dress with the little tear drops on the sleeves, and I think it is my favorite dress I have ever made. That makes it look soooo adorable!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter