• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disboutiquers Part 13 Kids Disney Boutique / Customs Clothes psst..we sew

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okie dokie. Here is my sour pants from yesterday. She was not in the mood at all to take pictures.
DSCF2163-1.jpg

Question... I need 9 names embroidered onto fabric for my fish extenders (cruise thing in case you are wondering). I called a place today and the lady told me she would cut me a deal and charge me only $10/name. :scared1: :scared1: What???? I thought it would be more like $2/name and the lady told me she usually charges $2/letter. Am I crazy or is she? Any suggestions? Thanks, Jen

Yikes! :scared1: If they are just names embroidered on to fabric, that does seem high. I can understand if it was something more complicated to hoop like a tote bag or shirt. If she has a big hoop, she could probably do the whole job in one hooping.

Question... I need 9 names embroidered onto fabric for my fish extenders (cruise thing in case you are wondering). I called a place today and the lady told me she would cut me a deal and charge me only $10/name. :scared1: :scared1: What???? I thought it would be more like $2/name and the lady told me she usually charges $2/letter. Am I crazy or is she? Any suggestions? Thanks, Jen

I think around here that most charge $5-6 per name. Alot don't like working with an item that you don't purchase from them though.

:hug: I understand. We got one son at 3 weeks old, but the other didn't move in until 1.5! NO idea what he looked like as a newborn.

I wish I could share pics of my little guys but it's a no-no until their adoptions are final. This is the closest I can come:

phineas_and_ferb_cms_big.jpg

I've started calling them Phineas and Ferb because one brother is always talking, making noise, into things, etc...and the other sits back and watches and it so quiet people ask if he EVER makes noise!

I LOVE these guys!!! I actually am finishing up a Phineas and Isabella custom (today, I hope).

I have really enjoyed looking at all the baby pics. It is amazing how quickly they grow.

$10 a name is what our local shop charges. It does seem really high. Of course, it is free if you purchase the item from them.

Oh my these baby pictures are wonderful!
In one of them I spy Bear In The Big Blue House! Nikki LOVEd that show! Pip and Pop and Ojo! We took her to see it Live when she was about 18months old. It was great.

Wendy-So sorry these pictures are making you sad:hug: You have some great kids in your life who are VERY VERY lucky to have you!

Those Phinus and Freb kids! To cute! LOL Kyle is itching for me to do something with them. It is on the list...

Crystal- Too funny about your puppy! Now I am blaming you for what I am about to do!:rotfl2::rotfl2:

Daisy and my beloved Rocky( I still miss him terribly) snuggling.
Ok I know I posted one of Daisy as a baby but I had to post a few of my favs and I wills top!
DSCN0503.jpg

DSCN0502.jpg

This is probably a week after she came home because she still ahs the cat collar on. She was so tiny the puppy collar we bought her didn't fit. So on the way home from getting ehr we had to buy a new one! Her ears kill me in this one. I ahve a things for doggie ears!
DSCN0474.jpg

Not there is a story to this one or to every time they got treats. She would hide hers and go take his! So here she is trying to get his because he moved away! HE was so good with her he would often let her have his. We joked it was just so she would shut up and he didn't have to hear her bark at him! LOL
DSCN0476.jpg

She sure was a pushy puppy from the start !LOL
As my brave HUGE dog now sits under the computer desk because something spooked her. So much for a big brave dog!

I LOVE these guys!!! I actually am finishing up a Phineas and Isabella custom (today, I hope).

I have really enjoyed looking at all the baby pics. It is amazing how quickly they grow.

Cool Please post it! I just hope Kyle is in school when I see it though because He wants one so badly!

Yikes! :scared1: If they are just names embroidered on to fabric, that does seem high. I can understand if it was something more complicated to hoop like a tote bag or shirt. If she has a big hoop, she could probably do the whole job in one hooping.

Hmmm.... so what is the cheapest embroidery machine I can buy? I'm sure I could find a lot of other uses for it :thumbsup2

Carla. I just read your blog and I never thought of using my clear foot for topstitching then I kept reading and saw about your new foot!:yay: It actually looked familiar to me so I go check my machine and what do I find! I have one that came with my machine. Well it looks the same but it is called the Blind stitch foot. Do you think it is the same thing?
I am going to try to research it now!

Ok I found that they are different but could be used the same way it depends on your machine. So I will test mine! It is worth a shot!

'A blind stitch foot has similar properties to a stitch in the ditch foot. Basically, both should have a blade on the bottom of the foot that is even with the needle. You run the blade along the existing seam (the "ditch") to keep your stitches placed exactly in the seam. A stitch in the ditch foot may have additional markings so you can see when to turn, and may be somewhat easier to see the stitching. I'd give the blind stitch foot a try first, and if it works, return the stitch in the ditch foot.'

Hmmm.... so what is the cheapest embroidery machine I can buy? I'm sure I could find a lot of other uses for it :thumbsup2

I have the Brother Innovis emb machine and I really LOVE it but the only down side is the only hoop I have is a 4x4. I think mine was $799. I think Brother makes a cheaper version.

Wow! I haven't posted in days, but I love all of the outfits and babies.

I'm totally drooling over the Princess Tatiana dress. This board is so bad for me.

I loved the Lilo outfit too. I'd love to make a similar one for my youngest dd.

Hi everyone, I see I am way behind on here. Will have to catch up later as I am also behind on my sewing list. Spent yesterday ripping out side seams in pants I sewed wrong. Hope to post those pics tomorrow. Hope everyong is doing well. Here is the first outfit for DD 7.
th_IMG_0254-1.jpg

th_IMG_0253.jpg

Cute...I love All things Tink!

ok, couple new little dresses I made....... :wizard:
th_IMG_8450.jpg

th_IMG_8435.jpg

th_IMG_8428.jpg

WOO HOO! Burning up the machines this week!
Lori

Lori---stunning as always!

OMG.......

I just got off the phone with one of my best friends and she told me that the manager to her apt complex who we see alot since we do spend a lot of time there. His son was just killed in a car accident.... His wife is still in the hopsital and they are not sure if she will survive. I couldn't even move from my kitchen when she told me. I Just wanted to go wake Georgia up from her nap and hug her. Just so shocking. We just saw him on Sunday playing. Poor family! I can't even beggin to think about what that would be like.

Prayers said for that family!

May I share, please? This was in our local (read: small-town) paper today...you know, the paper that only prints once a week. I don't mind posting with photos because they're finished with school and not in that city anymore :-)

th_scan_9429185153_1jpg.jpg

See my ticker? I need friends over for a sewing marathon!

How nice! What a beautiful couple!

I am in a serious state of mourning and depression! Sydni, who is only 5 but will be 6 in a month, told me yesterday that she does not want me to make her "ANYTHING WITH RUFFLES!":eek::sad::faint: She also does not want me to make her "ANY DRESSES OR SKIRTS!":scared1::sad1: she said they are "TOO BABYISH FOR HER!!":eek::sad::faint: This is just soo out of the blue! I can't understand it!:confused3 She said the only thing I could make her were capris with NO RUFFLES! Luckily I still have little Rylie to make things for, but why at 6 would ruffles be babyish?:confused3 I really hope this is a phase!

Mindy
Keep your head up...Katie told me earlier this year "no ruffles"...now she wants them again! You just never know with girls!

??? for you ladies and Tom!
I want to make something for Kyle's teacher for all the help she gave him during the school yr and how amazing she has been getting him Dx'd with ADD. She was almost as relieved as I was LOL She is just so encouraging and sweet. She keeps saying what a good kid he is and how he always wants to do the right thing. He has a student teacher too but I just don't like her so maybe it is mean but I am not doing anything for her. Kyle also isn't fond of her but he loves his main teacher. The student teacher will be gone next week so I may wait to give it to her until after she leaves.
Nik's teacher isn't getting a thank you either because frankly she is AWFUL and even after I have asked her to communicate with me she doesn't Nik has gotten ill because of her laziness and her WRONG choices concerning her health it has been awful. SO no gift for her. I know mean me but I just can't take her!
Anyway I decided on a purse but I can't get a grip on her style. I went to Joann's yesterday with a mom of another kid in the class I am friends with and she helped me pick out fabric. I am torn between a few patterns from YCMT and any suggestions would be helpful.
I am torn between
The Pixie handbag
The Sweat pea
Simple and Chic or
The Aivlo Tote

I ave decided I have far too much to sew I need to write everything down and put it in a priority order! :rotfl2:

I am making a tote for my kid's teachers and stocking it with things they will need for field trips...hand sanitizer...first aid kit...tissues....small bag for tickets and such....I thought it would be a good idea for them to have all the field trip stuff in one bag.

:hug: I understand. We got one son at 3 weeks old, but the other didn't move in until 1.5! NO idea what he looked like as a newborn.

I wish I could share pics of my little guys but it's a no-no until their adoptions are final. This is the closest I can come:

th_phineas_and_ferb_cms_big.jpg

I've started calling them Phineas and Ferb because one brother is always talking, making noise, into things, etc...and the other sits back and watches and it so quiet people ask if he EVER makes noise!

Handsome kids!!!!:lmao: So smart too!

:yay: Can't wait to see!!!!!

Made a Simply Sweet with a halter back for the first time. It is for my little cousin who lives in another city, so I will try to get a pic of her wearing it once she receives it. This style is very hard to get a good pic of without a model. :rolleyes: Tyler DS7, said he would model, but we could not get it on him. He is too big. :sad1:

Not real proud of my ruffling, but I guess from afar it looks OK, and besides if you are looking at it that close when the child is wearing it, 'You are too close", right ladies?

Got some before pics to share too. Don't have any younger than this on this PC.

Tyler before:

Tyler now:

Liam before:

Liam now:

I got the new Joanns sale circular in the mail yesterday. On Wednesday May 6 at all stores they are having a senior citizen discount day. 15% off the total purchase, includes sale priced items, too. I already called my mom to drag her over to the super Joanns with me next week. :rotfl:

Have a great day everyone !!! Now I must get off the computer and get to work !!!

Logged in this morning to find all of the adorable baby pictures and I just have to play along!! I don't have any pictures here on my computer, but I did have these older scrapbook pages posted on another board.

Megan at 2
336Prettyis.jpg

Megan with Wyatt as a newborn
336Laughsister.jpg

Megan at 6
336celebratliferight.jpg

Baby Wyatt
336silly.jpg

336bayviewlayouts_002.jpg

While I'm in Photobucket, I made these pillows for Megan's best friends who just moved into a new home. I also made a rag quilt for their mom, but I didn't get a chance to take pictures of it.

PICT0255-1.jpg

PICT0256-1-1.jpg

And one last picture of Megan, Sammy and Sidney with their AG dolls when we went to AG Boston for Sidney's birthday. I made the round neck tops for all the girls and skirts and peasant tops to completed the doll outfits. Sorry for the odd blurs, but I didn't have their mom's permission to post their pictures.

edit.jpg

I have a Brother PE-700II that was (still is) $799. That is pretty cheap for one with a 5 x 7 hoop. You are welcome to come up to Towson and try it out! :thumbsup2

Carla. I just read your blog and I never thought of using my clear foot for topstitching then I kept reading and saw about your new foot!:yay: It actually looked familiar to me so I go check my machine and what do I find! I have one that came with my machine. Well it looks the same but it is called the Blind stitch foot. Do you think it is the same thing?
I am going to try to research it now!

Ok I found that they are different but could be used the same way it depends on your machine. So I will test mine! It is worth a shot!

'A blind stitch foot has similar properties to a stitch in the ditch foot. Basically, both should have a blade on the bottom of the foot that is even with the needle. You run the blade along the existing seam (the "ditch") to keep your stitches placed exactly in the seam. A stitch in the ditch foot may have additional markings so you can see when to turn, and may be somewhat easier to see the stitching. I'd give the blind stitch foot a try first, and if it works, return the stitch in the ditch foot.'

Yes! That is awesome that you have a blind stitch foot! The machine shop owner actually suggested one of those as a possibility, but thought I might use the Ditch Quilting foot more down the road if I ever get time to quilt!

I have the Brother Innovis emb machine and I really LOVE it but the only down side is the only hoop I have is a 4x4. I think mine was $799. I think Brother makes a cheaper version.

So let me ask you... can you type a name on your computer using the Walt (Disney) font and have your machine sew it? And what if the name is longer than 4 inches? My kids have some long names!

ADULT SIZE EASY FIT PANTS
When I was browsing the other day I remember someone looking for Carla's Easy Fit Pants in adult sizes. I stumbled upon Simplicity It's So Easy pattern 9871 at Walmart a while back and it totally fits the bill!! The instructions are a bit different, but the pattern is a single piece and you can sew them up just like the Easy fits. I've made 2 pairs of PJ pants for DH, a pair of fleece PJ pants for me and I just made myself a pair of capri length PJ pants with it. I love that pattern!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter