• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disboutiquers Part 13 Kids Disney Boutique / Customs Clothes psst..we sew

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay- First- WDW in Sept is HOT!!!!! For our honeymoon we went at the tail end of Aug into the first week of Sept and it was awful.
I think our next trip will be May next year- so this baby will be 1 year old. I'd love to wait til this baby is a little older- but I have experienced Aug and Sept and Oct and don't wish to re experience the humidity and heat-thats just me. (we saw temps of 110-115 on our Aug-Sept trip) and high 90s and a ton of rain on our Oct trip. I have been in early May and late May and it seems the whole month is pretty good. I am a very ugly person when I am hot and sweaty LOL. But I hope taking a 1 yr old and a 4 yr old will be fun. I'm hoping this baby starts walking before the trip.

Oh and POFQ is one of my favorite resorts! I loved everything! The pool, the proximity to the bus stop (there's no bad room), Boatwrights just up the way, view of the canal, horse drawn carriages, the atmosphere- they have an excellent food court too!

Okay- here is Eyore's tail at Crystal Palace (please excuse my hat head!!!!!) This was as close as DD would get to Eyore that day. We thought we were pretty funny taking pics with his tail.

Disney 4 Me/Pockets- you could start with something really simple for a back pocket- use parchment paper (my favorite for baking cookies) or wrapping paper for a pattern. You can either look at a pair of pants to get a good idea of what shape pocket you want. Or go super easy and make a square- then add a 1/2" in length- cut 2, sew right sides together- leaving an opening to turn the pocket so right sides are out, finger press in the seam allowance of the little opening, place where you want pocket and top stitch on sides and bottom- TA-DA! you have a pocket. Try it on a block of fabric and play with pocket shape before you move to your pants.

I've been lurking for a few days, but just registered today. I'm so glad I found you. I've loved looking at all of the pictures. I just started sewing a few years ago.

We are also going to be in WDW Sept 12 -20th and are staying at Port Orleans Riverside.

I'd love to make more things for my kids before I go. I have two dd's one will turn 4 while we are there and my older dd will be 10.

I just made a dress out of a t shirt for my youngest dd and want a petti to go under it. Seeing the ones here and reading some of the bookmarks has been a huge inspiration. I can't wait to start it.

Dawn

Oh my !!! I am soooo excited! My outfit got picked as the spotlight in the swak newsletter!!!!:cool1::yay::banana::banana::banana::dance3: I hope this doesn't sound to braggish, but I was so excited when I checked my email and saw my outfit in the newsletter!

Mindy:)

Oh my !!! I am soooo excited! My outfit got picked as the spotlight in the swak newsletter!!!!:cool1::yay::banana::banana::banana::dance3: I hope this doesn't sound to braggish, but I was so excited when I checked my email and saw my outfit in the newsletter!

Mindy- weren't you looking for yellow dot?

Walmart just got some in with there spring fabrics. The dots are smaller than minnie dot-but so is the price LOL. 2.44 a yard.

Alright ladies. I need to call on the collective creative force of the Disboutiquers here.

My baby shower is sandwiched in between a month of babyshowers. we had one this month, including mine there is one every saturday next month AND there will likely be another in july. I want my invitations to stand out. I usually make my own invites for birthdays etc.. and like to think I'm pretty good at it. BUT this time I have to send over 40 invitations so I need to keep them simple. I still don't want mine to blend in w/ the pack..KWIM???I need ideas for creative invites that won't take me an hour a piece to assemble.

SO all of you scrapbookers and card makers (Karen are you out there??) help me think of something unique and creative.
I'm gonna be soooo tired of sewing lovey blankets!!! :laughing:

Sorry T- for some reason my computer is skipping pages in threads?!?!?

Anyway........ I'd be more then happy to help you out! I can cut stuff on my cricut and send it down for you. We could come up with something really cute too! Let's talk. Tell me what you have in mind, and I'll come up with a prototype for you.

When's the baby shower supposed to be?? PM me if you want!

Let me try this picture thing. Here are a few things I have made for my little one.
th_dressesmaterialandhouse001.jpg
[/IMG]

th_Dressesandoldpix004.jpg
[/IMG]

th_dresses003.jpg
[/IMG]

th_josiesdressandmaterial003.jpg
[/IMG]

Oh wow ! sorry they are all so big! this is the first time I have posted pictures

The dresses and the little one are just precious. And we like big pictures.

I've been lurking for a few days, but just registered today. I'm so glad I found you. I've loved looking at all of the pictures. I just started sewing a few years ago.

We are also going to be in WDW Sept 12 -20th and are staying at Port Orleans Riverside.

I'd love to make more things for my kids before I go. I have two dd's one will turn 4 while we are there and my older dd will be 10.

I just made a dress out of a t shirt for my youngest dd and want a petti to go under it. Seeing the ones here and reading some of the bookmarks has been a huge inspiration. I can't wait to start it.

Dawn

WELCOME, we seem to have a lot of new to this thread people lately. Cant wait to see some pics from you.:welcome:

Congratulations!!!!

Not braggish, we love to hear things like that.

So what if it does sound braggish! (It doesn't BTW) You should be very proud of yourself! It's nice when hard work and creativity is rewarded! THAT'S AWESOME!! CONGRATS TO YOU! :banana::banana:

Walmart just got some in with there spring fabrics. The dots are smaller than minnie dot-but so is the price LOL. 2.44 a yard.

YES! Thanks Cindee, I am making a trip to Pensacola today, so I will check it out!!!

Congratulations!!!!

Not braggish, we love to hear things like that.

So what if it does sound braggish! (It doesn't BTW) You should be very proud of yourself! It's nice when hard work and creativity is rewarded! THAT'S AWESOME!! CONGRATS TO YOU! :banana::banana:

Thank you ladies! I just never expected to get chosen, it was just too exciting not to share!

Oh, oh, me, me, me!! We'll be there the 15th-24th. We're staying at WL, but POFQ was one of our back-ups if we couldn't book WL. From the pics I've seen, it's beautiful.

Yes, I will be there Sept. 22 to Oct. 1 at CSR and then BCV. I love the heat because we live...well, it's snowing this morning...again!

I have stayed at POFQ and you will love it.

O.k. ladies (and Tom), I guess I've lurked long enough. I was inspired by the mock smocked disney fabric at Joanns, so I picked up enough for 3 and the trims necessary to complete them and make them more custom, plus I found a pattern for a bandana dress and I bought enough fabric to make a lined skirt and an applique for the top. (Plus I need to buy Carla C's pattern for the easy fit pants to make coordinating shorts for DS) so, it looks like I'm well and truly gone - now all I need to do is learn how to sew garments (so far I've only done curtains, hemming, etc.) I figure I might as well jump straight into the deep end! Anyway, wish me luck, and hopefully I'll have some (really bad) pics to post soon.

Nicole,

I am so happy to see you here and on our other area. Sewing can be fun while your DS is in school. The easy fit pants are really very easy to make and the bowling shirt is easy also. Just drop me a line. I have made every mistake possible and now can make a shirt in a few hours. There are so many ways to make the shirt and you could use the pattern and have a week of Disney shirts.

Good luck and let me know if you need help.

This is sooooo something that would happen to me!!!

So cute! You did a great job!

2764849390050201308S425x425Q85.jpg

I love this picture!!!! :rotfl:

congrats!!!!!

our walmart had the yellow dots yesterday too!!!

I threw this together because AbbyGrace had an Easter "event" (as Morgan would call it) today. We had an egg hunt at our church and I wanted an excuse to CASE the Easter vida that was posted here. SO, this is a total CASE, but here it is.

th_Eastercorpssewing.jpg
/QUOTE]

AbbyGrace looks beautiful! If ever there was a dress that deserved to be cased, it's that one. I wish I could "throw together" something that quickly and have it turn out like that!

Just had to share. What do you think?
th_razberrysorbet002.jpg

Very cute! I bet even my 13 year-old would were that in the park.

That is such a classically beautiful dress, even without the Disney connection.

Ok, Here is Evie's Curious George skirt - it was the hardest because I wanted the book panels to show so the top layer is just about the same length as the bottom and the waist is basically the 1 inch needed for tht elastic. And can I tell you how frustrating it was to have the red thread break when I was using the double needle last night !?!?! - always the red thread.....
but it was fine if it was on the singel needle.......grrrrrrrrr
th_IMG_6809.jpg

Very cute!

I took these pics last night of my stoller bags and stroller. I remade the stroller bag, the big one, twice. I really need a pattern to go by. When I just wing it, things don't always turn out the way I want them too. Whatcha think? Easy to spot in guest services??? :lmao:

th_pixiedustexpress.jpg

Your stroller bags turned out great. I love the color combination. I've always had a weakness for strollers. Makes me sad that my stroller days are almost over.

CONGRATS!!! :banana:

th_IMG_1284.jpg

I love these "real" photos. Yes, it probably would kill them to pretend they like each other. :rotfl:

I lost a bunch of things I meant to quote, and now I don't remember them all.

To whoever made that adorable pink doll bed--so cute!

The stuffed animals look like so much fun. I bet the girls had a blast with that class!

Flea, the twirly pettiskirts turned out great. Seriously, I don't think your girls could be any cuter!

Is it wrong to sign in for too many gives:confused3:confused3?

Linnette
It absolutely is NOT wrong!!! We need all the help we can get on the big give board. The more things you make, the better!! I accidentally had the give you signed up for on the wrong setting. It was supposed to be set so only I could see it while I was working on it. I haven't verified the family yet or got the measurements from the mom. But, I'll sign you up to make something for Joseph when I get it posted! Thank you so much!:hug:

C'mon...it's not THAT hot!
You, my friend, are delusional!

To be fair, I'm equally freaked out about being in Jersey at Christmas time....I do NOT fair well in the cold.

It's the Raynaud's ....right Heather?? It's not healthy for me to be in that cold weather!;)
That's right! When in doubt, blame it on the auto-immune disease!!

O.k. ladies (and Tom), I guess I've lurked long enough. I was inspired by the mock smocked disney fabric at Joanns, so I picked up enough for 3 and the trims necessary to complete them and make them more custom, plus I found a pattern for a bandana dress and I bought enough fabric to make a lined skirt and an applique for the top. (Plus I need to buy Carla C's pattern for the easy fit pants to make coordinating shorts for DS) so, it looks like I'm well and truly gone - now all I need to do is learn how to sew garments (so far I've only done curtains, hemming, etc.) I figure I might as well jump straight into the deep end! Anyway, wish me luck, and hopefully I'll have some (really bad) pics to post soon.
:welcome:!!!!! I can't wait to see some pictures!!! When I found this thread in July of 2007, I'd only made curtains and such (and one really hideous pair of pants for my poor baby nephew), so I know you can do it!

The Moonk's mom: I feel your pain and embarrassment while I did not have a tear , a few summers back I had this sundress very comfy and light that I used to love!! (threw it in the garbage!!) to make the long story , after going to the ladies room I walked home with the dress all up in my back....so glad for Victoria's unmentionables:scared1: what got me mad was not one single person approached me to let me know....(I guess it was too scarry!!!!!:rotfl::rotfl:) I do not longer wear sundresses as this had happened to me than once
Oh no!! That must have been so embarassing!! (and a little funny, too! :lmao:)

Well after looking at the beautiful pictures I had decided to learn to sew..... after watching the embroidery machine video earlier, I decided I wanted learn to applique at the same time (I can go ahead and try on some store bought things until I get the sewing stuff down). So I bit the bullet and ordered an embroidery machine tonight..... it didn't look too tough in the videos and demos I looked at, but I am sure it will take me awhile to catch on, but I am soooooo excited. Now please no one else mention any other equipment I might want to shell out a bunch of money for.

Also.... the video was great, but I was still thrown on how you would do an applique with multiple layers on an embroidery machine. There are some free downloads on this site and the instructions with it really helped me see how it works. It shows how each piece is done step by step. I hope it is okay to post the link:

http://www.smartneedle.com/freedesi...3664jdjjdgfsjsliunderjjdlls7878778334432.html

This explained it for me, I hope it helps the others who were asking how the machine worked.
Wow, nothing like jumping right in!! What kind of machine did you get?

Let me try this picture thing. Here are a few things I have made for my little one.
th_dressesmaterialandhouse001.jpg
[/IMG]
th_Dressesandoldpix004.jpg
[/IMG]
th_dresses003.jpg
[/IMG]
th_josiesdressandmaterial003.jpg
[/IMG]
Oh wow ! sorry they are all so big! this is the first time I have posted pictures
Those are wonderful!! I've always loved that Pooh fabric!! Like everyone else said, we prefer big pictures to small ones!

:rotfl2:How funny that you happened to have a picture of Eeyore's tail!! I love it! It's nice to see a picture of you, too!!

Dawn
:welcome: I can't wait until you have enough posts to show us some pictures!!

Oh my !!! I am soooo excited! My outfit got picked as the spotlight in the swak newsletter!!!!:: I hope this doesn't sound to braggish, but I was so excited when I checked my email and saw my outfit in the newsletter!

Mindy
Oh my gosh, that is so cool!!

Sorry T- for some reason my computer is skipping pages in threads?!?!?

Anyway........ I'd be more then happy to help you out! I can cut stuff on my cricut and send it down for you. We could come up with something really cute too! Let's talk. Tell me what you have in mind, and I'll come up with a prototype for you.

When's the baby shower supposed to be?? PM me if you want!

See, T? She is such a sweetheart that she will help you out even if you don't address her properly. Right, oh Queen of the Cricut?

Last night I made a pillowcase dress for my 2 year old and a pillowcase shirt for my 12 year old.

piyllwpillowcasedress.jpg

macpiyllwpillowcasedress.jpg

Where could I find a square ticker? I need one that will fit on the end of all of my pictures in my siggy. I like the name tag ones, but they say "Disney World" and I'm going to Disneyland!!!

Where could I find a square ticker? I need one that will fit on the end of all of my pictures in my siggy. I like the name tag ones, but they say "Disney World" and I'm going to Disneyland!!!

If you click on my ticker it will bring you to a site to make one.

Disneyland? Wow! Is this a new development? I didn't know you were going there. That's one place I want to visit someday. When are you going? I guess I'll have to wait for your ticker!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter