• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disboutiquers Part 13 Kids Disney Boutique / Customs Clothes psst..we sew

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh, oh, me, me, me!! We'll be there the 15th-24th. We're staying at WL, but POFQ was one of our back-ups if we couldn't book WL. From the pics I've seen, it's beautiful.

OH I love the WL, we stayed there two christmases ago, beautiful. I really wanted to stay there this time, we have only stayed at AKL and WL and I am nervous about staying at a moderate after having the luxury of a deluxe, but WL was about $500 more , so that will be our airfare. Unless I win the lottery in the next few weeks we will be staying at POFQ. I have read great reviews about it. :thumbsup2

That was me! That was me! I asked about them. I was wondering about a narrower leg. But pockets? I don't know if I can do pockets. :scared:

Linette wrote a little tutorial about cargo pockets that looked easy and even real pockets are not hard, I promise!

C'mon...it's not THAT hot!

Not to us! :lmao: You should have heard Tom's cousins from Chicago bellyaching as we were walking around Animal Kingdom: forget this and let's go to the pool!

OK you Florida girls, it's not hot to you, but the last time I went to Florida in September I walked off the airplane and my Jersey hair quickly deflated:scared1:And that is a serious problem !!

Jersey hair + Florida humidity = wear a hat

Hope that helps! :rotfl:

Linette wrote a little tutorial about cargo pockets that looked easy and even real pockets are not hard, I promise!

Not to us! :lmao: You should have heard Tom's cousins from Chicago bellyaching as we were walking around Animal Kingdom: forget this and let's go to the pool!

Ball Cap it is !!!!
Thanks everybody and the tourists who would have seen my hideous hair thank you also !!!:banana:

I find your board while I am planning my trip in less than 2 weeks we leave. You inspired me to try appliques. So in the last 13 days I have completed 1 Mickey Mouse Pillowcase and 4 dresses (2 with appliques and 3 of the 4 were Disney related). I am now trying to finish up my 5th dress and my machine bit me. I got too close to the needle mechanism and I got stabbed by the metal screw that tightens the needle. I have a hole in my nail, about a 1/4 inch line and it is bleeding. The tingle in my nail has now slowed down the sewing process. LOL. The dress is complete but I have to add the applique which is P for the Phillies for my Niece. Please send me vibes for a safe finish of the dress and I will give my machine a break till I get back from Disney.... I promise!!!!!!!!

OUCH!!!!:scared1: I hope it heals quickly!!!

I have had a wonderful day! I wanted to share with you guys as you will understand. I got up this morning, took a shower and off to Lowe's to get a key cut, make a return then take DH to lunch. Today is his birthday...40! We ate at a new resturant...pretty good. Next, I went to Wal-mart and bought him an MP3 player and headphones...got a good deal. I also bought him a ballon and left it in his car for him at work. Picked up the kids from school, went to the grocery store where I recieved 2...count them 2! compliments on how well my children were behaving. (this is really unusual in the grocery store for them!) So I was a proud beaming mommy! I came home unloaded my groceries to have Katie point out I had a hole in my jeans...I told her that I knew it...it was a small hole...OLD jeans that I don't usually wear, becuase I have lost enough that they are big on me. She then said "No mom...it's a rather large hole!" I went to the bathroom and checked in the mirror and to my shock here is what is there. (I am sparing actually taking the photo with them on...I'm not sute that type of photo is allowed on the DIS and I don't want to scare small children!:lmao:

P4100394.jpg

So much for my good day! Think I'm being talked about at the grocery store?:rotfl2:

:rotfl2::rotfl::rotfl2::rotfl::rotfl2::rotfl::rotfl2::rotfl::rotfl2::rotfl:

HAPPY BIRTHDAY SARAH!!!!!

OK you Florida girls, it's not hot to you, but the last time I went to Florida in September I walked off the airplane and my Jersey hair quickly deflated:scared1:And that is a serious problem !!

To be fair, I'm equally freaked out about being in Jersey at Christmas time....I do NOT fair well in the cold.

It's the Raynaud's ....right Heather?? It's not healthy for me to be in that cold weather!;)

I do use my mega hoop all the time! My siggy picture princess was done with the mega hoop. Otherwise, I use my 5X7 hoop. I rarely use my smaller ones and don't even know where the tiny one is.
Here are some pictures of the twirl skirt that never ended! I thought it would be easy? The first row had 15 squares, 2nd row had 30 and last row had 60!

I didn't even get any twirling pics :rotfl:

th_march2009297.jpg

This is at the Easter Egg hunt. It was over before we got there. We thought the events started at 2, but they ended at 2. One of her friends from kindergarten gave her some eggs so she was happy! But this was before the eggs and she said it was cold!

th_march2009331.jpg

Miss Molly in her Easter set. You see I didn't do anymore patchwork! It was suppose to be a patchwork set too!

th_march2009323.jpg
Another view of Kadie's set. The top is CarlaC's elongated peasant shirt.

Love those Peeps outfits! They are adorable! The patchwork skirt is fantastic but I totally get not wanting to do another one! Great job!

I find your board while I am planning my trip in less than 2 weeks we leave. You inspired me to try appliques. So in the last 13 days I have completed 1 Mickey Mouse Pillowcase and 4 dresses (2 with appliques and 3 of the 4 were Disney related). I am now trying to finish up my 5th dress and my machine bit me. I got too close to the needle mechanism and I got stabbed by the metal screw that tightens the needle. I have a hole in my nail, about a 1/4 inch line and it is bleeding. The tingle in my nail has now slowed down the sewing process. LOL. The dress is complete but I have to add the applique which is P for the Phillies for my Niece. Please send me vibes for a safe finish of the dress and I will give my machine a break till I get back from Disney.... I promise!!!!!!!!

Can't wait to see what you've created! Please come back and share!

I have had a wonderful day! I wanted to share with you guys as you will understand. I got up this morning, took a shower and off to Lowe's to get a key cut, make a return then take DH to lunch. Today is his birthday...40! We ate at a new resturant...pretty good. Next, I went to Wal-mart and bought him an MP3 player and headphones...got a good deal. I also bought him a ballon and left it in his car for him at work. Picked up the kids from school, went to the grocery store where I recieved 2...count them 2! compliments on how well my children were behaving. (this is really unusual in the grocery store for them!) So I was a proud beaming mommy! I came home unloaded my groceries to have Katie point out I had a hole in my jeans...I told her that I knew it...it was a small hole...OLD jeans that I don't usually wear, becuase I have lost enough that they are big on me. She then said "No mom...it's a rather large hole!" I went to the bathroom and checked in the mirror and to my shock here is what is there. (I am sparing actually taking the photo with them on...I'm not sute that type of photo is allowed on the DIS and I don't want to scare small children!:lmao:

th_P4100394.jpg

So much for my good day! Think I'm being talked about at the grocery store?

:rotfl::rotfl2::lmao:

Hello everyone! I am so happy to be back! I have had a ROUGH for months but things are finally starting to look up for my family! I have missed the Disboards SO much! After I made each outfit I wanted to pop over and share it with everyone but I couldnt! Anyway, We are getting ready for our Make a Wish Disney Cruise. FINALLY got all of our passports! It was a bit of a hassle to get Zoes because I do not know where her father lives and I do not have any contact with him or any thing in writting that says I have full custody of her so it has been a LONG process to get her passprt!

Anyway, I wanted to share some pictures of my newest designs. There are a LOT of pictures because it has been like FOREVER since I have posted so I am sorry!

th_0010-2.jpg
th_01-6.jpg
th_012-1.jpg
th_07-2.jpg
th_5-20.jpg
th_02-6.jpg
th_03-5.jpg
th_007-2.jpg
th_005-4.jpg
th_012-2.jpg
th_03-3.jpg
th_07-3.jpg
th_17-9.jpg
th_26-1.jpg
th_9-15.jpg

lol, Thats more then I intended to post! Sorry! I have a ton more I think I am going to go through and look for the Disney ones!

Thanks for letting me share! Candice

All of them are fantastic! Hope you have a great trip!

So.. I am about to purchase my first Carla C pattern. I am just wondering though.... The simply sweet has no placket in the back. Is it just that big that you can pull it over their heads? I like my things to be pretty fitted. I'm just wondering if I am going to hate it. :confused:
Is it just because of how deep the neckline is that you can pull it over their heads??

I've never had a problem with getting it over my girls heads. I have done the top twice where it ties with no problems and I've done the elastic in the straps once and no problems there. I did it once with buttons and that was fine too. I've never done the halter but I can't see that being hard to get over their head. It is a fantastic dress pattern and it goes together so easily, I'm sure you'll love it!

Hello everyone! I am so happy to be back! I have had a ROUGH for months but things are finally starting to look up for my family! I have missed the Disboards SO much! After I made each outfit I wanted to pop over and share it with everyone but I couldnt! Anyway, We are getting ready for our Make a Wish Disney Cruise. FINALLY got all of our passports! It was a bit of a hassle to get Zoes because I do not know where her father lives and I do not have any contact with him or any thing in writting that says I have full custody of her so it has been a LONG process to get her passprt!

Anyway, I wanted to share some pictures of my newest designs. There are a LOT of pictures because it has been like FOREVER since I have posted so I am sorry!

012-2.jpg

03-3.jpg

07-3.jpg

lol, Thats more then I intended to post! Sorry! I have a ton more I think I am going to go through and look for the Disney ones!

Thanks for letting me share! Candice

Amazing. I love them all but I think this one is my favorite. It's amazing.

Thanks for everyone laughing with me...and no I will not be modeling them on!!!!:rotfl2:

:

I'm with Heather, I want to see you model them! Please!!!! I'm sure we can all use the laugh! And really, how long was your shirt? Did it cover you up at all?

OOH! OOH! I have the answer for that! Wear a ball cap! You don't even have to do your hair while you're there! That's always my Disney plan. It shades my face and I put it on when I get ready in the morning, and it doesn't come off until I get back to the room at night.

I'm with Shannon, I wear a hat the whole day. I bought a cute Mickey ball cap last September and I wear it all the time even at home. And it keeps the sun off of my face (I do wear my sunscreen though).

Is it wrong to sign in for too many gives:confused3:confused3?

I saw there is a new one posted and to top it all the boy's name is the same as my son JOSEPH, so I wanted to jump right in , but I was told to give some other people a chance ....

MIND YOU ... :love:I love to do the gives!!!!!!!! it usually gives me a chance to sew for girls , and it is the one thing I do not mind sewing for!!!:cloud9:

What to do????? Will it be ok? I just do not want to keep anyone from participating

sorry!!!!!!!

Linnette
Linnette...I always wish I had the time and money to do more gives....it is truly rewarding! I think you should do what you can do when you can do it....there is no limit....I mean if a give is filled and someone wants to send an extra outfit...that's ok right?? I wouldn't worry about it...you are such a caring and giving person! Truly inspiring!!! :hug:

I do use my mega hoop all the time! My siggy picture princess was done with the mega hoop. Otherwise, I use my 5X7 hoop. I rarely use my smaller ones and don't even know where the tiny one is. :confused3

Here are some pictures of the twirl skirt that never ended! I thought it would be easy? The first row had 15 squares, 2nd row had 30 and last row had 60!

th_march2009297.jpg

This is at the Easter Egg hunt. It was over before we got there. We thought the events started at 2, but they ended at 2. One of her friends from kindergarten gave her some eggs so she was happy! But this was before the eggs and she said it was cold!

th_march2009331.jpg

Miss Molly in her Easter set. You see I didn't do anymore patchwork! It was suppose to be a patchwork set too!

th_march2009323.jpg
Another view of Kadie's set. The top is CarlaC's elongated peasant shirt.
I really love these sets....so cute.....I hear ya on the patchwork twirls...confession: I don't zig-zag finish the edges :sad2: I "pink" them with the shears and I finish off the sides that are gathered and that's it!Your girls are just adorable.....bet you are busy busy!

Does anyone know what color is the bow on Eeyore's tail at Crystal Palace? I am making an applique of Eeyore..(just like the gray one at Crystal Palace), but have no clue what the bow color is..

Thanks!!!!
Did anyone answer you yet? Eeyore normally had a bright pink bow on his tail but I just spoke with my daughter's friend who went in Feb and she said it was a reddish-purple. This was info from an 11 yr old. Hope that helps! :rolleyes1

Soooo, the birthday is in progress...Sarah is officially 11 yrs old :cake::bday:party:~princess::cheer2: We just cut the cake and now we are getting in our jammies and watching some iCarly episodes! :happytv:She just invited three girls so its easy and fun....we played iCarly trivia, bingo, twister and have been snacking popcorn::the whole time! I am praying they remain the sweet girls :cutie:hey are now...I know rougher waters lay ahead :rolleyes:and am dreading it...but for now...all's well!

O.k. ladies (and Tom), I guess I've lurked long enough. I was inspired by the mock smocked disney fabric at Joanns, so I picked up enough for 3 and the trims necessary to complete them and make them more custom, plus I found a pattern for a bandana dress and I bought enough fabric to make a lined skirt and an applique for the top. (Plus I need to buy Carla C's pattern for the easy fit pants to make coordinating shorts for DS) so, it looks like I'm well and truly gone - now all I need to do is learn how to sew garments (so far I've only done curtains, hemming, etc.) I figure I might as well jump straight into the deep end! Anyway, wish me luck, and hopefully I'll have some (really bad) pics to post soon.

The Moonk's mom: I feel your pain and embarrassment while I did not have a tear , a few summers back I had this sundress very comfy and light that I used to love!! (threw it in the garbage!!) to make the long story , after going to the ladies room I walked home with the dress all up in my back....so glad for Victoria's unmentionables:scared1: what got me mad was not one single person approached me to let me know....(I guess it was too scarry!!!!!:rotfl::rotfl:) I do not longer wear sundresses as this had happened to me than once:scared1::scared1::scared1: I"ll have to check YouTube to see if a see a behind that looks familiar:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

disney for me: while I do not have the easy fit pattern , it is not that difficult to add pockets to pants, (I am mandated to add at least 5 pockets for my boys pants!!) I find that the cargo pants are much easier if I use Velcro, instead of buttons, as You sew the Velcro to the pocket and the pants , it helps with the pockets staying in place while sewing (Hope this make sense) I also like the pockets with the zipper on and cell phones pockets are necessity for my boys!!!,

ding , ding , ding calling ....Crystal,,, is your pockets ebook ready?????

for tapering the pants .., I find that If I do my pattens using plastic shower lining I can do adjustments (like fabric would ) while fitting the pattern to my kids and it will give you an idea if that works without wasting fabric, also if you have an old pair of shorts you do not longer want (but might still fit) open them up and use that as a pattern guidance for the legs,,

HTH

OMG!!!! Candance :worship::worship::worship::worship::worship love your outfits!!!!!!!!!!!

Sarah: Happy Birthday!!!!!:banana::banana::banana::dance3:::dance3::dance3::cheer2::cheer2::cheer2:

PS: Michelle please call me as I need to discuss some fabrics for the outfits

So I tweaked my trip reservation today, so that DD would only miss 4 days of school.
So now, who will be down Sept 15-20th ???? We will be staying at POFQ, my first trip to that resort, anybody ever stay there???
I really am not looking forward to going in September (HOT !!!) but we couldn't pass up free dining this year, DH wants to save so it was either free dining time or not until next year, so I quickly said OK to September !!:)

We like POFQ. We stayed there when I did the Goofy Challenge January 2007. When I asked DH where he wanted to stay for December's trip, he wanted to go back (ok - he really wanted to stay at AK, but nixed that when he saw the price comparison :rotfl:). DH liked that we could take the boat to Downtown Disney!

I threw this together because AbbyGrace had an Easter "event" (as Morgan would call it) today. We had an egg hunt at our church and I wanted an excuse to CASE the Easter vida that was posted here. SO, this is a total CASE, but here it is.

th_Eastercorpssewing.jpg
Beautiful!!!

Just had to share. What do you think?
th_razberrysorbet002.jpg
Love that!!!!

Ok, Here is Evie's Curious George skirt - it was the hardest because I wanted the book panels to show so the top layer is just about the same length as the bottom and the waist is basically the 1 inch needed for tht elastic. And can I tell you how frustrating it was to have the red thread break when I was using the double needle last night !?!?! - always the red thread.....
but it was fine if it was on the singel needle.......grrrrrrrrr
th_IMG_6809.jpg
That looks great!

I took these pics last night of my stoller bags and stroller. I remade the stroller bag, the big one, twice. I really need a pattern to go by. When I just wing it, things don't always turn out the way I want them too. Whatcha think? Easy to spot in guest services??? :lmao:

th_pixiedustexpress.jpg
WOW-those came out great!

Happy Easter!

I am teaching a class at school on Fridays with another teacher. It is supposed to be quilting but we had all the girls right down projects they might be interested in and there were a lot of purse, stuffed animal and pillow requests. I decided to take stuffed animals and see if the kids and I could make some this weekend. They are pretty cute and Megan wants to make many more!

th_IMG_1266.jpg

th_IMG_1274.jpg

My mom likes to sew for special occasions so she made Megan's Easter dress with the prettiest sparkly eyelet I got at Hancocks at the end of summer. I am glad I waited to use it!

th_IMG_1277.jpg
Cute animals! Nice dress!

I can finally share something! I lurk on here several times a day and you guys have really inspired me to take up sewing again. I introduced myself a few threads back, but had only made a few easy fit pants and have never posted pics. I don't have a little girl to sew for, but we are in the process of adopting through the foster care system, so hopefully I will before long. I have a very long wishlist of CarlaC's patterns on YCMT! I made a bowling shirt and easy fit pants for my DS9 for Easter and a rag quilt purse for DD12.
Thank you for letting me share and for inspiring me. And thank you, CarlaC for making such great patterns. I had gotten discouraged with commercial patterns when I tried to sew years ago, but you make it so easy. I do have to admit that I had to get my sister to help with the sleeves, but I think part of that was the material I used - it was a pain to work with.

th_100_2729-2-1.jpg

th_100_2732-2-1.jpg
Great job on the bowling shirt! Love the rag quilt bag!

Good morning. Got thru with a couple of small rag quilts that a co-worker asked me to make her for the seats of her new love seats. She has dogs and wants to put the quilts there to protect the furniture. They are a weird size, cause she wanted them just for that purpose and they each measure 30 x 50. Now I just have to figure out what to charge her. She was like 'whatever you decide is OK'.

She came with me to the fabric store and picked everything out. The lighter material has moose on it, which worked out well cause her DH is a hunter.
Those came out great!

Love that blouse!

here is a little outfit that i made for my dd to wear to the easter egg hunt we went to. Someone had posted a cute little set of pink/white polka dot easy fit pants and a shirt with a flower on it. that was my inspiration! This was my 2nd attempt at an applique, thank you again Heather!!!! couldnt have done it with out your tutorial!

th_egghuntcam.jpg
How cute!

th_march2009297.jpg
Love that! Your DGD's are so cute!

:scared1::wizard:Hope it heals quickly!

12-6.jpg
WOW!!!!! LOVE everything you posted! LOVE all your Disney photos too. Your girls are beautiful!!!!!

Well after looking at the beautiful pictures I had decided to learn to sew..... after watching the embroidery machine video earlier, I decided I wanted learn to applique at the same time (I can go ahead and try on some store bought things until I get the sewing stuff down). So I bit the bullet and ordered an embroidery machine tonight..... it didn't look too tough in the videos and demos I looked at, but I am sure it will take me awhile to catch on, but I am soooooo excited. Now please no one else mention any other equipment I might want to shell out a bunch of money for.

Also.... the video was great, but I was still thrown on how you would do an applique with multiple layers on an embroidery machine. There are some free downloads on this site and the instructions with it really helped me see how it works. It shows how each piece is done step by step. I hope it is okay to post the link:

http://www.smartneedle.com/freedesi...3664jdjjdgfsjsliunderjjdlls7878778334432.html

This explained it for me, I hope it helps the others who were asking how the machine worked.

Hmm...I think I rememeber that tutorial. It had pictures, too. I'll have to look it up in the bookmarks. Thanks!

disney for me: while I do not have the easy fit pattern , it is not that difficult to add pockets to pants, (I am mandated to add at least 5 pockets for my boys pants!!) I find that the cargo pants are much easier if I use Velcro, instead of buttons, as You sew the Velcro to the pocket and the pants , it helps with the pockets staying in place while sewing (Hope this make sense) I also like the pockets with the zipper on and cell phones pockets are necessity for my boys!!!,

ding , ding , ding calling ....Crystal,,, is your pockets ebook ready?????

for tapering the pants .., I find that If I do my pattens using plastic shower lining I can do adjustments (like fabric would ) while fitting the pattern to my kids and it will give you an idea if that works without wasting fabric, also if you have an old pair of shorts you do not longer want (but might still fit) open them up and use that as a pattern guidance for the legs,,

HTH

Zippers?!? Zippers?!? Are you crazy, girl? I'm leery of trying cargo pockets and you want me to add zippers? :rotfl:

An ebook! Sign me up! And what a great idea about using a shower curtain lining. Genius. Thanks so much!

Let me try this picture thing. Here are a few things I have made for my little one.
dressesmaterialandhouse001.jpg
[/IMG]

Dressesandoldpix004.jpg
[/IMG]

dresses003.jpg
[/IMG]

josiesdressandmaterial003.jpg
[/IMG]

Oh wow ! sorry they are all so big! this is the first time I have posted pictures

I had to check out the mini tut on Cargo pockets in the bookmarks. GREAT!
Thanks Linnette!!! Love it! I will have to give it a try one of these days. If I can ever stop making DS PJ pants and move on to regular pants.
In other news I was at JoAnn this evening and got some stretch denim off the remnant rack. Its enough to make DD some Easy Fit Capri pants. But I have never sewn on denim or stretch denim. Anything I need to know?
Thanks

OKay I have poste a ton of pictures already but I found a few :-)rotfl2:With me nothing is REALLY a few) more pictures I wanted to share!!!!!

22-7.jpg

I just love this picture! It is Abby doing what Abby does Best! She started dancing when she heard music then people started watching her which means Abby had to put on a show. She loved that people chapped for her when she was finished so now she wants to be a dancer lol, I am in for it!
2-17.jpg
I love all the pictures! There is just something so specail about seeing little kids experience the Disney magic!

Is it wrong to sign in for too many gives:confused3:confused3?

I saw there is a new one posted and to top it all the boy's name is the same as my son JOSEPH, so I wanted to jump right in , but I was told to give some other people a chance ....

MIND YOU ... :love:I love to do the gives!!!!!!!! it usually gives me a chance to sew for girls , and it is the one thing I do not mind sewing for!!!:cloud9:

What to do????? Will it be ok? I just do not want to keep anyone from participating

sorry!!!!!!!

Linnette
I say you should do the give it that is what you want to do!
Being originally fron North Jersey where the term 'Mall Hair' came from and it was probably because of me and my friends back in the 8o's! this made me chuckle! can you all say Spiral perm!!!?!?!?!?!?!
though I am one of those rare people that grew up up north but can't take the cold and the snow and yet don't have any issues with the FL humidity at all. After living in Hotlanta for 10 yrs hot southern sun is my favorite!

:rotfl:
Now that I live in Chicago I will say Chicagoans whine about the heat in a heart beat! they can't take it! OMG George and I end up laughing at them sometimes. Not trying to be mean but here is an example today it will be in the 60's and I can guarantee that there will be people in shorts yet I wlll be in my winter coat because it is still cold to me. Then come July when it is 80 they will be dying and we will be nice and comfy.

Let me try this picture thing. Here are a few things I have made for my little one.
dressesmaterialandhouse001.jpg
[/IMG]

Dressesandoldpix004.jpg
[/IMG]

dresses003.jpg
[/IMG]

josiesdressandmaterial003.jpg
[/IMG]

Oh wow ! sorry they are all so big! this is the first time I have posted pictures
No we like BIG! Everything is so cute!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter