Disboutiquers Part 12 Kids Disney Boutique / Customs Clothes psst..we sew

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here's my Precious Dress....I am going to applique Belle on the apron when I get a chance...its supposed to look like Belle's Provincial dress...

th_IMGP8157.jpg

That is absolutely belle's dress! Love it!!

I really like it! Lily looks adorable.
I'm loving all these dresses from the new pattern. You ladies who got to try it out are so lucky!!

Here's the latest dress I did for Hayleigh. This dress making is totally addicting!
th_101_1419.jpg

I really like the neckline on this. Very nice!!

So, I've just about finished my first ever Big Give outfit.
I still need to go and get buttons but that will have to wait until Easter.
I very foolishly gave up buying craft supplies for Lent! :scared1: So, I'll get some buttons on it just before I ship it out next week.
Eleora is modeling it for me. She's a little older than the girl it's for and slightly bigger but it should give us a good idea of what it will look like on her.

Dresses02.jpg

Someone (sorry, I forget who it was) made this little girl's big sister a very cute T-shirt and capris so I've made this to co-ordinate. I hope that's okay.
I had the same dot fabrics and thought it would be sweet.

I spent a fair bit of today finishing up other projects.
Here is a tink dress I made for Eleora. It's a bit big but I wanted to make sure there was room for a shirt underneath it.

Dresses06.jpg

Dresses07.jpg

Also got buttons on a bowling shirt finally so I'll post some pics of it as soon as I can!

:banana::banana::banana:Just booked our December trip:banana::banana::banana:

We'll be there December 6 - 10.

I'm so excited about all the clothes I get to make for DD! Now to reflect on 2 years of great ideas posted here for inspiration!

Been mostly lurking since dd is still sick-we have to take her to the hospital tomorrow for blood tests and *ugh* a stool sample. :scared:
Love all the new dresses, especially the bubble dress and the new dresses made with Carla's newest pattern-very cute and classic, the Minnie Mouse dot one definitely stands out in my mind! :thumbsup2

Here are the other two things I've finished for the Big Give; I made the bracelet almost two weeks ago, just haven't taken a photo.
aubbracelet.jpg

And the drawstring backpack, first thing I've made on a machine (I used Wonder Under on the C and then hand embroidered a backstitch around it-was super easy and fast, and it's one of the few things I've ever made that I'm pleased with):

calebsbag.jpg

Hi Ladies!

I'm considering purchasing a new pattern from YouCanMakeThis.com. I'm considering the Simply Sweet. Also thinking about the Peasant top/dress. Do you think the bowling shirt is worth it? Is it better than what I would get from Simplicity, etc?

Just looking for opinions. I'm also looking for a pattern that has shirring on the back. Any suggestions.

I love all the YCMT patterns but they are so darn pricey!!!

:banana::banana::banana:Just booked our December trip:banana::banana::banana:

I'm so excited about all the clothes I get to make for DD! Now to reflect on 2 years of great ideas posted here for inspiration!

We'll be there at the same time!!! We're booked the 6-13th! I hope it won't be too crowded. I'm kinda excited about making some Christmas outfits!!!

Hi Ladies!

I'm considering purchasing a new pattern from YouCanMakeThis.com. I'm considering the Simply Sweet. Also thinking about the Peasant top/dress. Do you think the bowling shirt is worth it? Is it better than what I would get from Simplicity, etc?

Just looking for opinions. I'm also looking for a pattern that has shirring on the back. Any suggestions.

First. I HIGHLY recommend all of Carlas patterns. In my opinion the simply sweet pattern, peasant top and easy fit pants are STAPLES!!! MUST HAVES. You can get the easy fits and peasant top in a bundle w/ the stripwork jumper pattern too.
I only have ever made a bowling shirt w/ Carla's pattern but I've heard lots of people say how much easier it was. That's Carla's MO...she takes stuff that is over complicated in commercial patterns and simplifies it. She walks you step by step through the most difficult of tasks.

NOW, about the price of the patterns. You get sizes 3-6 months up to 10 years on (most of- if not all)Carlas patterns (not all patterns on YCMT have this range so read whatever patterns you are getting) and you just reprint the pattern in the next size you need. So you can use it to make gifts for other children and the patterns grow w/ your kids and you can use them OVER AND OVER. If you lose a piece you are not totally screwed ( I currently can't find the instructions to a pricey Amy Butler pattern and am SO TICKED!!) Also whenever there is an update to the pattern like an additional size or detail then your pattern in your YCMT library is updated too. Carlas patterns are EXTREMELY versatile, I've never had a commercial pattern give me as many options, and her instructions are meticulous.

OK. Off my Carla C soap box now.

AND just as an aside....The name SIMPLICITY is, I think, misleading. I've had some not so simple simplicity patterns.

AND just as an aside....The name SIMPLICITY is, I think, misleading. I've had some not so simple simplicity patterns.

I hear you on that!!! I have the stripwork jumper pattern and LOVE it. I've used it so much. My dd is 6 so many of the patterns (other than the Carla patterns) wouldn't work for her anyways. I just wish she had a bundle with the 3 patterns I wanted!!

You are right, though. The patterns do grow with my kids so I guess are worth the investment. Can her pants pattern be made as shorts? Do they work well as shorts?

I hear you on that!!! I have the stripwork jumper pattern and LOVE it. I've used it so much. My dd is 6 so many of the patterns (other than the Carla patterns) wouldn't work for her anyways. I just wish she had a bundle with the 3 patterns I wanted!!

You are right, though. The patterns do grow with my kids so I guess are worth the investment. Can her pants pattern be made as shorts? Do they work well as shorts?

Ok! T said it all, but I will tell you that I have made about 5 pair of easy fit pants er capris in the past few days for my girls! That pattern is a must have!!!!

shoesandberries002.jpg

DH thought I was nuts taking a pic of these at WalMart but I told him you all would enjoy them :lmao:
:scared1: They really look Twisted! :rotfl2:
shoesandberries013.jpg

Also tonight I made these as a Trial run for Saturday BIL is getting married and MIL and I are going to seek into the B&B to plant some of these and a bottle of wine plus a Bath basket.
shoesandberries016.jpg

Ignore the ugly plate it was the first one I grabbed :rotfl: Also dont try this with the kids home they like to "Help" alittle too much.
shoesandberries014.jpg

I have made DD9 some shorts with the easy fit pattern, but have to say I enlarged the pattern and not sure the legs would be long enough for shorts otherwise. If I make the legs any longer than the actual pattern, they are much too long for shorts IMO. Maybe tomorrow I can post a pic to show you the couple I made with them.

LOOKING FOR INSPIRATION

I want to make a custom for 1900 PF using the stepsisters. DD is 9 so it needs to be age appropriate (something she will want to wear again). I was also hoping to somehow match her as this is a mother/daughter trip. Maybe just some jewelry would be best?? I asked on the design board with really no responses for stepsister designs. Also, I can applique, but am not that great and I don't think I could manage a stepsister applique.

I finished my Disney sets for my boys!
Here are my almost 3-year old's (Shirts are iron-on transfers the DISigners helped me with!):
th_3412728902_24b9b8965c_b.jpg

One of the 7 month old's sets (I made him several onesies, not too many shorts):
th_3411923195_6c7b60e93d.jpg

And the Cars birthday banner for the upcoming birthday party!
th_3411923013_547f33d18b_b.jpg
Everything looks great. Just wanted to say that I LOOOVE that banner. How adorable!

I was at my girlfriends little girl bday party. the one I made the ruffled up dress, Wubbzy and Tink Patchwork. Well one of her friends fell in love with the Tink one and my girlfriend kept telling every one how I made it and isn't it great so her GF said she wants one for her DD just let her know how much and what ever it is she will pay for it! How much should I charge??? The woman kept saying for a one of a kind she would pay $70 or $80 but that just seems like so much. Not that I wouldn't love it but I want to be fair.
My gf was too funny at the party she kept telling every one to go to my FB page and look at all the stuff I made . She was such a confidence booster. Every one seemed to love it! And a few started asking how much things were but I have o clue what to charge!!
I think that price is cheap. For all the time you spend it is definitely a good price. I wouldn't sew for out for less. I don't see how people sew dresses and sell them for 30 dollars. I think my time is worth alot I guess.
Your Wubzy dress was adorable. Definitely worth 80 bucks imo!

My latest issue....my machine keeps pulling the top thread underneath & making a huge mess underneath! Do I need to adjust the tension, I've tried it both ways a little & it doesn't seem to be doing right. Any suggestions??? Thanks!
Did you fix this yet? I am a little behind. Sometimes a tiny thread can get caught in the bobbin case or any of that bobbin area stuff and cause this. People call em thread nests. I had problems with this on my embroidery machine, and it turned out to be this TINY thread stuck in the bobbin case in one of the little metal cranies. The bobbin case had to be completely taken apart to find it... little tiny screws and everything. my dealer did it. I would have been scared to unscrew too much on my own!
Here's my Precious Dress....I am going to applique Belle on the apron when I get a chance...its supposed to look like Belle's Provincial dress...

th_IMGP8157.jpg
I definitely new it was Belle! It is beautiful!

th_Lilyfriends330-1.jpg

Too many Lily's??? This is also Lily's Easter dress
Not too many Lily's! SHe takes beautiful pictures! That dress is gorgeous. Love the fabric! Chicks are sooo cute!

Here is Lily's easter dress:

th_DSCN4651-1.jpg
WOW! LOVE THIS!! That fabric is just stunning. She looks so cute in that. What fabric is that??
The way you said no squishing makes me want to buy the pattern. I seriously have 3 different patterns that look just like this dress when finished, but I always wonder what is so different about her patterns. I just can't justify the costs when I have so many patterns. I hate that... :headache:
Hubby would have a fit. Read further down to find out why...

th_birdiedress001.jpg

THANKS FOR YOUR HELP!

Mindy:)
I would make white fabric straps. Gathered if possible. Love the chick app!

SEWING MACHINE QUESTION???
All of the sudden my brand new machine decides the threader isn't going to work:scared1: I tried changing the needle in case it was bent and it wasn't lining up. That didn't work. i have done the old fashioned turned it off and on but nothing! Any suggestions? I am sure I can take it back to the place I got it and ask them to replace it but I don't think that should be happening after only a few months! I got it in February!
Is it an automatic needle threader? Some machines like Brother have the kind that you pull down and it really does auto thread. Is that it?
If so.. I've had 2 of them break on me. I'm pretty sure they break quite easily. Mine have broke 2 different ways. Once it wouldn't go down far enough to meet up with the needle eye and the second time it broke off the little metal thingy that you catch the thread on. Both times it cost me 15 dollars to replace the mechanisms. At least it isn't an expensive repair!
I love my needle threader. I guess I need to be more gentle with it.

I know I pm'd you, but couldn't you just straighten it with a scissor before you stitch it? Or am I just missing something completely? :confused3
I usually don't worry if something is uneven like that because it straightens out when I sew it because I try to sew as straight as possible.
CARLA WE NEED YOU!
:)
Hey guys! I've been super busy and been lurking here on and off for the last several days. This is part of what I've been up to!

th_IMG_4305.jpg

I LOVE Carla's new pattern! You really need it! Seriously! I'm planning several more. It is so versatile.

AbbyGrace is going to wear this on her birthday trip. Now I need to figure out which character meal to reserve so that she can wear it! :rotfl2:
Shannon!!! She looks like a little doll in that. Wow!!! Your construction is perfect! I love the black piping and underskirt. Those shoes are fab too!
I love seeing a classic looking dress like this. just makes me :lovestruc
Hello
I have a question.
I've decided to make a set of placemats for our dining table and I've pieced the tops of them together. What should I put between the layers? I have a second fabric for the back of the placemats but I think quilt batting feels too thick for the middle layer. What do people usually use?
Any thoughts?
Thanks bunches!
I think someone suggested it already, but fleece maybe? You can get pretty thin batting too.

th_100_1573.jpg

Thanks for all the suggestions for the silent auction. I am going on a field trip today with Jacob's 4th grade class so I am going to talk to the girls and see what they would like.
Love that outfit!

I think DH is getting me a Babylock Evolve!!! :dance3::yay::woohoo::cheer2:
Castle bed is in the room, and she's sleeping in it right now.
Pictures tomorrow!

Hi everyone! Well I finally got my needle changed out, finished the crayon roll ups for the big give. and now ready to start sewing a bunch of stuff. What I dont know yet. haha but I am in a mode.

Georgia stayed home from school, she has an inner and outer ear infection! Poor baby. Hopefully, she will be ok tomorrow. They gave her meds that she actually likes to take. I sooo wish they were all like that because she HATES to take any meds. Its so darn hard to get the kid to take anything.

I am loving all the stuff being posted! I can always count on everyone here to get me in the mood to sew. You all rock!

Hey all!

Thanks sooooooo much for the kind words about my new pattern and about my eBooks in general! You ladies (and Tom) are my biggest inspiration, and I am so lucky to have you :grouphug:! Did you all know that this new eBook was actually Teresa and Heather's idea? I had considered doing such a style before, but was too chicken! The gave me the encouragement I needed! :cheer2:

I am so thrilled to see the dresses that the amazing testers made, too!!! Their input made the eBook so much better and more understandable! I can't wait to see more dresses made from this pattern. Since Louie won't wear dresses (except under extreme duress for fitting purposes), I have to live vicariously!

With regards to the hemline on the aline - the template in the updated version has a gentler curve. Try that one :thumbsup2 .

I'm off to clean my house! I tend to let the clutter build when I'm writing. We've got my parents and some of Del's co-workers coming for Easter dinner, so I definitely need to shine things up around here!

Thanks again for all the LOVE! :love::love::love:

I know I pm'd you, but couldn't you just straighten it with a scissor before you stitch it? Or am I just missing something completely? :confused3
I usually don't worry if something is uneven like that because it straightens out when I sew it because I try to sew as straight as possible.
CARLA WE NEED YOU!
:)

Shannon!!! She looks like a little doll in that. Wow!!! Your construction is perfect! I love the black piping and underskirt. Those shoes are fab too!
I love seeing a classic looking dress like this. just makes me :lovestruc

Pictures tomorrow!

I know Carla answered - but I think I would just sew it so that it didn't make a point. When you get to that section, just sorta curve around rather than coming to a point. I'm just lazy that way.

Thanks so much for the compliment on the dress. It IS such a classic look, which is what I so love about this pattern. BTW- the piping - guess how I did that? YEP! On my SERGER! WOO HOO! Love that thing!

So, you think you're getting an EVOLVE! WOW! :banana::banana::banana: You go girl! Keep me informed - you're gonna love it!

DH thought I was nuts taking a pic of these at WalMart but I told him you all would enjoy them :lmao:
:scared1: They really look Twisted! :rotfl2:

I totally cut out all the pictures but LOVE the uniforms! They are quite fun looking!

The shoes are cute and definately disney looking! Tell your DH that I enjoyed the picture.

Hi Ladies!

Totally worth the $. I think everyone else has pretty much summed up what I have to say about the patterns though. And I did think the same thing at first but it didn't take long to realize how great it was to have so many different sizes and options.

We're going for christmas too! Oh I can't wait!!!!

This is what I've been up to the past few days.

cakefront.jpg

This is for a friend who is having is having her second baby, a little boy named Jack. Normally I do the cakes with all the little travel sized items on the outside of the cake but this time I put them on the INSIDE of the cake and I think I like the look a lot better. Less cluttered.
Very cute! She will love it!

Revrob and Jammy those dresses are to die for! Seriously cute and it looks so professional...you would never know it was easy!
Phins love the diaper cake! how many diapers did that take to make???

IMGP8157.jpg
Really cute! I may need to get this pattern. I was just afraid Nikki was too old for it.:mad: though I could make her the sleeveless version and save the collar version for my niece. HUMMMMMM.....

I hate to run w/ the pack but I would use red too. Can't you make simple straps w/ some of the fabric?? Ribbon ties never work for me

I knew it was Belle the first time I saw it Cathy!!!

Ok, so here's my Precious dress, though I wish the pictures were better.

Lilyfriends330-1.jpg

Too many Lily's??? This is also Lily's Easter dress
the dress is great! But seriously when did she get so big????
Ladies...I'm loving all the dresses made from the new Carla pattern! Beautiful work everyone!!!

I'm feeling pretty bad. I didn't even BUY Aisling an Easter dress because it's always so cold out here on Easter and she usually has to wear boots, hat, winter coat covering it so I figured she could wear a dress she already has. S(Sick of wasting money on a frilly Easter dress that only gets worn to church and dinner at my aunts) Well weather right now is predicting 60 degrees for Sunday
Don't feel bad! I didn't get Nikki one either nor did I make her one. She has a dress I got on clearance last yr for one of her school shows and I figured she could wear that. Easter is not a good holiday for me. It is the last holiday I had with my dad and this yr it falls on his anniversary so this week is my funk week and hopefully next week I can be better.

Here's the latest dress I did for Hayleigh. This dress making is totally addicting!
101_1419.jpg
Really cute! What pattern is that?

So, I've just about finished my first ever Big Give outfit.
I still need to go and get buttons but that will have to wait until Easter.
I very foolishly gave up buying craft supplies for Lent! So, I'll get some buttons on it just before I ship it out next week.
Eleora is modeling it for me. She's a little older than the girl it's for and slightly bigger but it should give us a good idea of what it will look like on her.

Dresses02.jpg

Someone (sorry, I forget who it was) made this little girl's big sister a very cute T-shirt and capris so I've made this to co-ordinate. I hope that's okay.
I had the same dot fabrics and thought it would be sweet.

I spent a fair bit of today finishing up other projects.
Here is a tink dress I made for Eleora. It's a bit big but I wanted to make sure there was room for a shirt underneath it.

Dresses06.jpg

Also got buttons on a bowling shirt finally so I'll post some pics of it as soon as I can!
Adorable!

Just booked our December trip

YAY!

Been mostly lurking since dd is still sick-we have to take her to the hospital tomorrow for blood tests and *ugh* a stool sample. :scared:
Love all the new dresses, especially the bubble dress and the new dresses made with Carla's newest pattern-very cute and classic, the Minnie Mouse dot one definitely stands out in my mind!

Here are the other two things I've finished for the Big Give; I made the bracelet almost two weeks ago, just haven't taken a photo.
aubbracelet.jpg

And the drawstring backpack, first thing I've made on a machine (I used Wonder Under on the C and then hand embroidered a backstitch around it-was super easy and fast, and it's one of the few things I've ever made that I'm pleased with):

calebsbag.jpg
OMG I love the bracelet! Did you make the Aurora bead? Nikki LOVES her! She would flip for that!
The back pack is cute too.

Good luck with the tests keep us posted
Hi Ladies!

Buy them you won't regret it! I felt that way too but once I did it and made my 1st outfit there was no turning back! I was more concerned because Nikki was older and afraid she would out grow them so fast but she still fits into the 8 so I have time and frankly I have upsized some of the patterns to fit her friends who are a 12 and it was super easy! So they really do last! I have even used the same pattern to make my niece who is almost 3 stuff.

You you can make shorts capris or pants!

DH thought I was nuts taking a pic of these at WalMart but I told him you all would enjoy them
:scared1: They really look Twisted!
shoesandberries013.jpg

Also tonight I made these as a Trial run for Saturday BIL is getting married and MIL and I are going to seek into the B&B to plant some of these and a bottle of wine plus a Bath basket.
shoesandberries016.jpg

Ignore the ugly plate it was the first one I grabbed :rotfl: Also dont try this with the kids home they like to "Help" alittle too much.
shoesandberries014.jpg
Yummy!
Love the name of the team!

I think that price is cheap. For all the time you spend it is definitely a good price. I wouldn't sew for out for less. I don't see how people sew dresses and sell them for 30 dollars. I think my time is worth alot I guess.
Your Wubzy dress was adorable. Definitely worth 80 bucks imo!

Is it an automatic needle threader? Some machines like Brother have the kind that you pull down and it really does auto thread. Is that it?
If so.. I've had 2 of them break on me. I'm pretty sure they break quite easily. Mine have broke 2 different ways. Once it wouldn't go down far enough to meet up with the needle eye and the second time it broke off the little metal thingy that you catch the thread on. Both times it cost me 15 dollars to replace the mechanisms. At least it isn't an expensive repair!
I love my needle threader. I guess I need to be more gentle with it.

Pictures tomorrow!
thank you! Would you believe that Wubbzy dress is almost too small on the little girl already! I told her mom I would add a piece and make it bigger for her.

Yes It is a brother machine and my guess is it is broken. To be honest I better not have to even pay $15 to fix it! It is a $700 machine and I just got it in February! I need to bring it to the dealer. He is usually good about it. So either he can exchange the machine or fix it asap! For that kind of money it should ot be breaking so new!

Hey all!

Thanks sooooooo much for the kind words about my new pattern and about my eBooks in general! You ladies (and Tom) are my biggest inspiration, and I am so lucky to have you :grouphug:! Did you all know that this new eBook was actually Teresa and Heather's idea? I had considered doing such a style before, but was too chicken! The gave me the encouragement I needed! :cheer2:

I am so thrilled to see the dresses that the amazing testers made, too!!! Their input made the eBook so much better and more understandable! I can't wait to see more dresses made from this pattern. Since Louie won't wear dresses (except under extreme duress for fitting purposes), I have to live vicariously!

With regards to the hemline on the aline - the template in the updated version has a gentler curve. Try that one :thumbsup2 .

I'm off to clean my house! I tend to let the clutter build when I'm writing. We've got my parents and some of Del's co-workers coming for Easter dinner, so I definitely need to shine things up around here!

Thanks again for all the LOVE! :love::love::love:
We love you Carla!!!!! Your patterns are amazing!
Any chance you will make a more Tween pattern soon??? Don't get me wrong I love the new pattern!

Have fun cleaning....

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter