Disbounding taking it too far?

:goodvibes Only if you pay for my vacation first. A lady's got to have standards! Actually, the DisneyBounding thing gets more fun, the more I think about it... My dress looks like a slightly shorter version of this (except, as I said, it's hot pink): I figure I could add a yellow cloth hair band, and maybe a white shrug, and I'd be good to go. (Yellow flats, too, maybe?)

I think this is cute

Some of the people on this thread make me feel like they are crushing creativity who cares if a person want to dress as there favorite character , as Peter Pan says , "I will never grow up!!"

I was at WDW Christmas week and DD and I saw a lot of Disney bounding. She Disneybounded Piglet this time around so we were on the lookout for other Disneybounders.
These outfits make for AMAZING photos and character interaction. Piglet was SO excited to see that they matched!

Not the best picture, but you get the idea. She also had a headband with pig ears on that you can't see in this picture.

It's no different, IMO, than wearing a character tee or Mickey ears. In fact, it tends to be more subtle, as most people don't even realize what you are doing.

OP - Have a great trip!

Some of the people on this thread make me feel like they are crushing creativity who cares if a person want to dress as there favorite character , as Peter Pan says , "I will never grow up!!"
Disney use to be very strict with their rules about what adults -- and by adults, they meant (technically) anyone over 10 -- were allowed to wear in the parks. Anyone dressing in something that closely resembled an actual character costume would have to change clothes or leave. It's only been in the past several months that Disney has (seemingly) relaxed these rules, somewhat, so some people might not be aware of the change, plus the new wording is rather vague as to what is and isn't allowed.

Disney use to be very strict with their rules about what adults -- and by adults, they meant (technically) anyone over 10 -- were allowed to wear in the parks. Anyone dressing in something that closely resembled an actual character costume would have to change clothes or leave. It's only been in the past several months that Disney has (seemingly) relaxed these rules, somewhat, so some people might not be aware of the change, plus the new wording is rather vague as to what is and isn't allowed.

She's not referring to going in a full-on costume, she's referring to those being rude about the idea of disneybounding.

She's not referring to going in a full-on costume, she's referring to those being rude about the idea of disneybounding.

What OP here is talking about is a costume. She is not using regular clothes, she is using a dress design to look like snow white.

You'll be fine!!! What you want to wear is far from a costume!!! Yes, everyone will realize you're going for a Snow White look, but no one, not even a 5 y/o, is going to think you 'are' Snow White!
This 'old lady' disneybounded for MNSSHP last fall.....wore a pair of black yoga pants, a purple tank top, green belt, with a black flowy tunic top over it. Yes, Maleficent. I also wore my Maleficent mouse ears! Would I do so during the year, apart from MNSSHP? No, probably not. But, my 21 y/o dd does...she has a Peter Pan outfitk, an Ariel outfit, etc. All taken from her everyday clothes. The characters and CMs fully realize who she is portraying.

But, this old lady won't do it for everyday.....but I sure do see a lot of it in the parks by the young people. It's actually quite creative. Love seeing it.

What OP here is talking about is a costume. She is not using regular clothes, she is using a dress design to look like snow white.

It's a sundress....with a blue top and a yellow bottom!! She puts a red bow in her hair. Sure, she is obviously emulating SW...but, again, not one person, not even a child, is going to think for one minute she is really 'the' SW!!! And that's Disney's point...you can't, as an adult, wear a costume that would lead guests to believe you are that character! Yes, that would be an issue. If she was going to an outfit with sleeves and a red cape? Sure. But not one person is going to look at her and think 'Wow, what a great costume. She looks just like Snow White!'. Every single person is going to know she is going for a Snow White 'look'...especially when they see so many other guests doing the exact same thing.

No. Her dress has been inspired to look like Snow White, and while it shares similar properties, it looks nothing like the current outfit Snow White wears in the park. While it may be a special dress designed to look like a costume of sorts, it doesn't resemble park costumes closely enough. so she'll be fine.

It's a sundress....with a blue top and a yellow bottom!! She puts a red bow in her hair. Sure, she is obviously emulating SW...but, again, not one person, not even a child, is going to think for one minute she is really 'the' SW!!! And that's Disney's point...you can't, as an adult, wear a costume that would lead guests to believe you are that character! Yes, that would be an issue. If she was going to an outfit with sleeves and a red cape? Sure. But not one person is going to look at her and think 'Wow, what a great costume. She looks just like Snow White!'. Every single person is going to know she is going for a Snow White 'look'...especially when they see so many other guests doing the exact same thing.

^:thumbsup2

Here is were different opinions count because what to you is a sundress to me looks like a custume . Cm can have different opinions too and it is up to their discretion. Disney is so vague it doesn't just specify custume but clothes that can resemble to Disney character "Adult costumes or clothing that can be viewed as representative of an actual Disney character" they even add at the end "Adults can visit the parks if their hair (or makeup, if applicable) resembles a Disney Princess or character, provided that they are not also wearing a costume or clothed to look like the character." Op hasn't said anything about hair and make up.

Here is were different opinions count because what to you is a sundress to me looks like a custume . Cm can have different opinions too and it is up to their discretion. Disney is so vague it doesn't just specify custume but clothes that can resemble to Disney character "Adult costumes or clothing that can be viewed as representative of an actual Disney character" they even add at the end "Adults can visit the parks if their hair (or makeup, if applicable) resembles a Disney Princess or character, provided that they are not also wearing a costume or clothed to look like the character." Op hasn't said anything about hair and make up.

But have you seen photos of the dress she's wearing. Because if you saw this

il_570xN.456691312_jkx4.jpg

and this

53e2db2cdddaa35c30f60797_snow-white-disney-world-florida.jpg

and had a hard time differentiating the two, then we would have a problem.

But have you seen photos of the dress she's wearing. Because if you saw this

il_570xN.456691312_jkx4.jpg

and this

53e2db2cdddaa35c30f60797_snow-white-disney-world-florida.jpg

and had a hard time differentiating the two, then we would have a problem.

I am not here to argue with you. I am just giving my opinion, no costume that I have seen even in MNSSHP has been the same as the one CM wear at the parks, however that still doesn't change the facts that they are costumes. To me and you and probably other people in this board we know what snow white at WDW looks like. But to the average Disney guest they have no idea specially kids. That is the major difference that I am trying to point out. That if you are Disney bounding and wear blue pants a yellow tshirt and red cardigan as it was said by a pp, cm and other Disney fans will know what you are going for but the average Disney guest not so much. This dress I think is way more obvious (there for to me is a costume).If I give the picture to my 8 year cousin she immediately says Snow White. If I pull a picture of disney bound from Pinterest she doesn't say Snow White.

By the way even the etsy post says in the description costume.

And, that makes no sense to me. I can see why Disneybounding might not be everyone's cup of tea, but there's certainly no reason to be rude about other people doing it. It's cute and fun!

Poor OP. She probably didn't know she would open up such a can of worms.

This thread has me feeling stressed I ended up adding sleeves to dress for warmth I will wear it to the front gate if CM's tell me not to wear it I will kindly change into other clothes

And, that makes no sense to me. I can see why Disneybounding might not be everyone's cup of tea, but there's certainly no reason to be rude about other people doing it. It's cute and fun!

Poor OP. She probably didn't know she would open up such a can of worms.

It doesn't make sense to me either. Scroll back far enough on this thread and you'll find a bunch of self-proclaimed "old farts" talking about how disneybounding is childish, etc. Note that the OP didn't ask for opinions about disneybounding, just if hers was OK. But some people on this website just HAVE to put their opinions down, you know?

This thread has me feeling stressed I ended up adding sleeves to dress for warmth I will wear it to the front gate if CM's tell me not to wear it I will kindly change into other clothes

You will be fine in that sundress, even with a cardigan. There are adult snow white costumes, and the dress you posted is not what i would consider a full costume. But, regardless, you've had quite a few people here say they've seen adults in full actual costumes in the parks recently, and they were fine. Disney has changed their policy...I even remember a thread about it here in TPAS not too long ago. You will be just fine!

I'm looking forward to Disneybounding Ariel and Eric with dh on our next trip.and dressing up DD in a Melody costume :)

You will be fine in that sundress, even with a cardigan. There are adult snow white costumes, and the dress you posted is not what i would consider a full costume. But, regardless, you've had quite a few people here say they've seen adults in full actual costumes in the parks recently, and they were fine. Disney has changed their policy...I even remember a thread about it here in TPAS not too long ago. You will be just fine! I'm looking forward to Disneybounding Ariel and Eric with dh on our next trip.and dressing up DD in a Melody costume :)

Thanks , and I am sure your family will be adorable :) lots of love

I had never heard of disbounding, but this 39 soon to be 40 year old will be looking into it for my upcoming October trip.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter