Disbounding taking it too far?

You will be fine wearing that dress.

Disney has definitely relaxed their policy on costumes in the park--even when it's not for the Halloween party.

A few weeks ago (in January) I saw a child, her mother, and the grandmother too dressed up in full-blown Elsa costumes. All three of them walking around Magic Kingdom in full costumes!

I am thinking of adding a red apron to make it more original almost like a mix up between Alice and Snow White what do you guys think?

Guess I'm in the old fart minority too. There was a thread about doing your hair like a hidden Mickey about a week or so ago. Everyone was raving about how cute it was & that the poster would look sooo cute. I was like :confused3

Taking your inner child a little too far. IMO, of course!

Totally agree with you! I didn't want to post anything negative on that thread, but I was :confused3 also!

Totally agree with you! I didn't want to post anything negative on that thread, but I was :confused3 also!

And yet you did! On a thread that didn't even ask if they should, but if they would be allowed to. Go you. Earning your kindness points right there.

Guess I'm in the old fart minority too. There was a thread about doing your hair like a hidden Mickey about a week or so ago. Everyone was raving about how cute it was & that the poster would look sooo cute. I was like :confused3

Taking your inner child a little too far. IMO, of course!

i wonder what you would think about me lol.
not only do i enjoy wearing clothes that are inspired by or have characters on them but i also have characters on my body forever.
i have a mickey mouse tattoo and a figment tattoo.
the figment tattoo to me actually has the meaning of letting my inner child come out to play.

I'll never consider myself an old fart but it is not in my nature to dress up like that. I didn't like dressing up as a child either, I don't like attention, I'm a weirdo.

That being said, I think that dress is very cute and the OP should wear it if she wants and have a blast. I have running friends that dress in character while doing the Disney races. They have so much fun.

I am thinking of adding a red apron to make it more original almost like a mix up between Alice and Snow White what do you guys think?

personally i'm not a fan of that idea but i think that a red short sleeve cropped cardi would really complete the look.

Totally agree with disney world dreamer on this one. IMO, the cardi would be perfect and a nice finishing touch. (And I think it would be kind of "vintage," in a good way.) I think the apron would be a bit distracting and "clashy," if that makes sense. Meaning this entirely as constructive criticism, the dress with the proposed red cardi would make me think, "Oh, she's like Snow White, that's cute," whereas the apron would probably make me think, "Oh, I get it, she's kind of like Snow White, but what's up with the apron?" If you want to do an Alice look, too, I'd make that a separate outfit. Just IMO.

And yet you did! On a thread that didn't even ask if they should, but if they would be allowed to. Go you. Earning your kindness points right there.

When I see a post like that, I just read it in a shriveled up, sour old lady voice (like the judgmental lady elephants on Dumbo's circus train) and it makes me giggle.

"Well! I would never! Maaaaybe it's just because I'm old and out of touch with the youth and their wild, newfangled ways, but I don't believe anyone over the age of 12 should ever be seen in public in a princess dress. It just isn't REspectable!"

And then other folks chime in with, "Well! I wasn't going to SAY anything, BUT..." (Meaning, they're nice people who wouldn't normally rain on anyone's parade, but since someone else has already turned on the taps, might as well join the downpour.)

Well, this here old(ish) lady is just going to have to start DisneyBounding, because the thought of making folks disapprove is WAY too tempting. I've got a hot pink sundress... wonder if I can turn meself into a silver-haired Aurora, somehow? :lmao:

I'm not an outward rebel at all. But this entire thread makes me want to disbound my entire upcoming trip... Well, except for the day the whole family will be wearing new Mickey shirts we found at our closing disney store. Where would I even start?!?

I'm not an outward rebel at all. But this entire thread makes me want to disbound my entire upcoming trip... Well, except for the day the whole family will be wearing new Mickey shirts we found at our closing disney store. Where would I even start?!?

You start here: http://disneybound.tumblr.com/

Scroll through, look at some of the ensembles. When you think you've got a decent idea of how it works, then go stare into the depth of your closet. If you're very lucky, something in there will remind you of a character, and you can build your outfit around that.

Otherwise, you might have to go shopping. Horrors! :lmao:

Well, this here old(ish) lady is just going to have to start DisneyBounding, because the thought of making folks disapprove is WAY too tempting. I've got a hot pink sundress... wonder if I can turn meself into a silver-haired Aurora, somehow? :lmao:

To be honest, I would disappove of an old lady dressing up like Aurora. I could live with it, though. What would REALLY push my buttons is if that old lady Aurora paid for my vacation. I would disapprove of that woman forever.

I think it's a great dress!...But maybe I am just a person who thinks, as long as someone isn't naked or wearing an offensive shirt, people should wear whatever brings them joy.

People are judged so much for so many big things, do we really need to judge them for things that don't actually affect us?

When I see a post like that, I just read it in a shriveled up, sour old lady voice (like the judgmental lady elephants on Dumbo's circus train) and it makes me giggle.

"Well! I would never! Maaaaybe it's just because I'm old and out of touch with the youth and their wild, newfangled ways, but I don't believe anyone over the age of 12 should ever be seen in public in a princess dress. It just isn't REspectable!"

And then other folks chime in with, "Well! I wasn't going to SAY anything, BUT..." (Meaning, they're nice people who wouldn't normally rain on anyone's parade, but since someone else has already turned on the taps, might as well join the downpour.)

I :lovestruc you :love:

To be honest, I would disappove of an old lady dressing up like Aurora. I could live with it, though. What would REALLY push my buttons is if that old lady Aurora paid for my vacation. I would disapprove of that woman forever.

well played my dear. Now to just suck the marrow from the great Disbounding fiasco of 2015 to our fullest benefit, hmmmm:worship:

Personally I would not consider this disneybounding. I think this is a costume since it is specifically made to look like snow white dress and it is not everyday clothing being use. OP have you consider the material type and the time of year you are going ? The etsy picture seem like polyester which will make you really sweaty in hot days. As far as what CM will tell you it is hard to say because it is to their discretion.

:goodvibes Only if you pay for my vacation first. A lady's got to have standards!

Actually, the DisneyBounding thing gets more fun, the more I think about it...

My dress looks like a slightly shorter version of this (except, as I said, it's hot pink):

il_570xN.493578612_di5k.jpg

I figure I could add a yellow cloth hair band, and maybe a white shrug, and I'd be good to go. (Yellow flats, too, maybe?)

$T2eC16h,!)!E9s2fD)!+BRsiFQnQoQ~~60_35.JPG

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter