Disbounding taking it too far?

you are good to go.
I've been going to Disney almost every weekend for the past 14 years and this past year I saw so many adults wearing full costumes of Princesses, Peter Pan and Wendy and Jack on non MNSSHP days and CM didn't stop them.
I think they have relaxed their policy

That is a cute dress - I bet you will get nice comments. :)

I actually just happen to have an orange-and-white striped T shirt and a pair of dark blue capris that I'm seriously tempted to wear together on the day I go say Hi to Phineas and Ferb at DHS. I'm not sure if that would be cute or just silly.

It's really cute but I guess I'm an old fart. I stopped "dressing up" when I was 12 (centuries ago!!!). To a Halloween party, sure. But just to walk around in :-/. But, as I said, maybe I'm just an old fart!!! Frankly don't think princess dresses should be made for anyone over like 10. Totally just my opinion & I know I am in the minority here.

That is a cute dress - I bet you will get nice comments. :) I actually just happen to have an orange-and-white striped T shirt and a pair of dark blue capris that I'm seriously tempted to wear together on the day I go say Hi to Phineas and Ferb at DHS. I'm not sure if that would be cute or just silly.

I think it would be awesome you should totally dress up girlfriend :)

It's really cute but I guess I'm an old fart. I stopped "dressing up" when I was 12 (centuries ago!!!). To a Halloween party, sure. But just to walk around in :-/. But, as I said, maybe I'm just an old fart!!! Frankly don't think princess dresses should be made for anyone over like 10. Totally just my opinion & I know I am in the minority here.

Guess I'm in the old fart minority too. There was a thread about doing your hair like a hidden Mickey about a week or so ago. Everyone was raving about how cute it was & that the poster would look sooo cute. I was like :confused3

Taking your inner child a little too far. IMO, of course!

Guess I'm in the old fart minority too. There was a thread about doing your hair like a hidden Mickey about a week or so ago. Everyone was raving about how cute it was & that the poster would look sooo cute. I was like :confused3

Taking your inner child a little too far. IMO, of course!

Three old farts here, I guess! I think it looks silly- but my opinion, everyone has their own!

How do I know if my custom made dress , will be safe to wear to the parks or not ? Will cast members consider it a costume?

Answer: It depends.

Do you look like a Disney princess? Are you actively trying to portray a Disney princess, or other licensed character?

If no, you'll be fine. You'll find a lot of people will instantly try to say NO to you on the boards, but the reality is as long as you're not posing for pictures or trying to perfectly emulate a character, you will be fine.

Tips to avoid being possibly marked as too-character-ish? Wear Mouse ears! Dress in sneakers or other common footwear. Are you bringing items with you? Carry a backpack or satchel or napsack!

NEVER be ashamed of wanting to dress up! I don't care how old you are, or anyone for that matter, anyone can dress up. Disney World and Disneyland and their respective parks are not JUST for kids, it's for the kid at HEART. It's for the person who wants to believe in the magic, and that is us. That being said, also please make sure you are covering yourself respectfully. Dressing up is fine, but if I see your buttcheeks or excessive cleavage due to a unique outfit, ugh.

Last time we were at Disney (in April), we saw a fellow dressed up like Jack Sparrow - amazing costume, and his hair was perfect, he looked exactly like him. We rode behind him on BTMRR. The cast members didn't say anything to him, and later I read on here that he's a regular visitor.

I was behind him in line to meet Anakin et. al at SWW in 2013! He got LOTS of attention, and at the time I wasn't sure if he was allowed into the parks because it was SWW and they allow everyone to dress up, or if he was just...allowed. Looks like he's just allowed.

To all the self professed "old farts"... to each his own.

I'm coming up on "old fart" status myself, with two grown kids and silvering hair. But you know what makes me happy?

Fandom T-shirts, including some Disney princess ones. Glitter on my fingernails (remember those black formica countertops from the early eighties? That's what mine look like right now!). Sneakers with pictures on them.

If something as harmless as Disneybounding brings you joy, then who am I to judge?

I'm remembering all the times my mother would stop jean-jacketed, combat-booted teenage me at the door, saying, "You can't go out looking like that! People will think you're homeless!" And my response to her of, "Why on earth should I care what they think?"

The truly wonderful thing about being "all grown up" is that we can finally stop giving a good goshdarn about what other people think.

:hippie:

Plus, the OP really will get all sorts of love and special attention from CMs, if she goes to the parks in that dress. Man, I'm seriously tempted to do something similar myself, considering how many compliments I've already got on my Disney/Dr. Who mashup tees! There's something really uplifting about having castmembers (and sometimes other guests!) stop you, saying, "I LOVE your shirt! Where did you get it?" It just makes my day.

Plus, the OP really will get all sorts of love and special attention from CMs, if she goes to the parks in that dress. Man, I'm seriously tempted to do something similar myself, considering how many compliments I've already got on my Disney/Dr. Who mashup tees! There's something really uplifting about having castmembers (and sometimes other guests!) stop you, saying, "I LOVE your shirt! Where did you get it?" It just makes my day.

I have a few of those and guests, CMs and characters alike commented on them too!

OP- I like the dress, and think you'll be fine! Enjoy! :)

To all the self professed "old farts"... to each his own.

I'm coming up on "old fart" status myself, with two grown kids and silvering hair. But you know what makes me happy?

Fandom T-shirts, including some Disney princess ones. Glitter on my fingernails (remember those black formica countertops from the early eighties? That's what mine look like right now!). Sneakers with pictures on them.

If something as harmless as Disneybounding brings you joy, then who am I to judge?

I'm remembering all the times my mother would stop jean-jacketed, combat-booted teenage me at the door, saying, "You can't go out looking like that! People will think you're homeless!" And my response to her of, "Why on earth should I care what they think?"

The truly wonderful thing about being "all grown up" is that we can finally stop giving a good goshdarn about what other people think.

:hippie:

THIS. x100.

OP, ignore any negativity that comes in your direction and wear your cute dress. I'm consistently planning Disneybounds for my next trips. I hope you're planning a TR for when you wear it so we can read all about the fun you have!!!!

You'll find a lot of people will instantly try to say NO to you on the boards, but the reality is as long as you're not posing for pictures or trying to perfectly emulate a character, you will be fine.

I agree that many will say "no".

That's because people are going by the old rules. The rules that gave an age for dressing up.

It's also because they are still vague. What does "adult costume" even MEAN? Come on Disney.

Fact of the matter is that the rules started lightening up after the teenage Tinkerbell incident. Others have pointed to Japanese tourists, given the intense outfits they like to wear to Disney. Disney is already trying to get more tourists from there (the way they have sold DVC the last few years, with fixed weeks being an option because Asian timeshare buyers like that, being the case in point), so they wouldn't want to turn them away because of clothing.

Rundisney themselves had an article and an expo talk about Disbounding for runs. They are aware it exists and given that Minnie dress they've sold for a couple years, seem to be encouraging it.

Now, the shirt with swear words on it, that IS against their rules. I would assume the guest wasn't wearing it, or it wasn't showing, when they entered the park. On the other hand, the MBs require a bit less one-on-one assistance at the gates, so it's possible the CM just didn't notice it. But once it was noticed by a CM it should have been taken care of.

That dress is so cute! Last time we were there, we say a man, looked like he was in his twenties, who put an outfit together so it looked like Figment - just bermuda shorts, a collared shirt and a few other items to suggest the character - it was really awesome!

What in the world does 'disbounding' mean? I have never, ever heard of that term.

disneybounding is when you wear everyday clothing that represents a character.
snow white is a very easy character to represent so i'll use her as the example.
wear yellow bottoms (skirt, shorts, pants...), a blue top, and a red cardigan.

I think that is absolutely adorable!:thumbsup2 Enjoy your trip. I hope only the best comments come to you from all of the characters.

I never heard of "Disbounding" until just this thread, so I googled it and the stuff I saw on pitererst looks enough like "regular clothes" that I don't think it would be a problem.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter