Disbounding taking it too far?

mirandaperez10

Mouseketeer
How do I know if my custom made dress , will be safe to wear to the parks or not ? Will cast members consider it a costume?

Is it a copy of a character's dress or just the same color scheme?

If you have to question it, its probably a costume and you're just trying to justify wearing it.

Same color scheme it's a sun dress done after Snow White made to look a little like her dress , and I have a red hair bow

Just take an extra pair of clothes with you if worried, but I doubt it will cause a problem. :thumbsup2 have fun enjoy your trip.

Like they said as long as you're not pretending to be Snow in the park you should be fine. I always though Disney Bounding sounded like fun but I usually visit in the summer when it's too warm to care what I look like.

Last time we were at Disney (in April), we saw a fellow dressed up like Jack Sparrow - amazing costume, and his hair was perfect, he looked exactly like him. We rode behind him on BTMRR. The cast members didn't say anything to him, and later I read on here that he's a regular visitor.

As long as you don't start pretending to be a cast member and signing autographs, I think you'll be absolutely fine, and you'll probably get many compliments on your dress!

I was surprised to see a "Thing 1" and "Thing 2" shirt changed to "B---- 1" and "B---- 2" two weeks ago in MK. On principle If they didn't get in trouble you shouldn't! Perhaps they don't really strictly enforce the dress code or it was an oversight who knows.

Last time we were at Disney (in April), we saw a fellow dressed up like Jack Sparrow - amazing costume, and his hair was perfect, he looked exactly like him. We rode behind him on BTMRR. The cast members didn't say anything to him, and later I read on here that he's a regular visitor.

I think I've seen him there before! We saw a Captain Jack guest who could have been straight out of the movies. He was awesome!

Sounds like they are loosing up I would not be happy if I saw a shirt a wdw that said ***** 1 and ***** 2.

i'd have to see it to know whether it looks like its going too far.

disneybounding is wearing normal everyday clothes to represent a character.
like if you wore yellow shorts, a blue t-shirt, and a red cardigan to represent snow white.
or for example i have a dress that i bought from torrid recently that is blue and has little belle busts all over it.

but creating a custom made costume that looks a lot like the character's costume would be going too far.

if you look too much like a character a CM may stop you at the entrance and turn you away until you go change or you may be let in and then may have to worry about a CM walking up to you at any time and telling you that you need to change.

of course the exception would be during MNSSHP or another even that encourages adults to dress in costume like the 24hr event.

ETA: just read that its a sundress.
if it truly just looks like a sundress i'm sure its fine.
but if it just looks like a shorter version of snow white's dress then it could be problematic.

I wish I could show you guys the dress but it's at the seamstress's house she is adding some things to it to make it look more original , polka dot red and white ribbon for one thing so we will see I leave for WDW next week , so hopefully she will be able to finish it

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter