Disbounding/Outfit Planning/Totally Disney'nerding OUT!

OK...I'm going in Sept. & plan to find & buy one Disney Bounding outfit per month, so I'll have one for each day I'm there...here is my 1st one. Yellow shorts, royal blue blouse, red infinity scarf, red headband w/ rhinestones, and a red, yellow, & blue beaded bracelet. Can't wait to figure out my next one to do! SO_MUCH_FUN!!!

disboundsnow.jpg

Can't wait to figure out my next one to do! SO_MUCH_FUN!!!

I KNOW!! I'm planning a Snow White, too. I'll post a pic as soon as my top comes in. What are you thinking about next? I think I want to try for Judy Hopps.

Also, you are going to make a super cute Snow White.

Last edited:
I've got several ideas bouncing around in my little Disney brain to keep an eye out for. I'd like to find a bright blue shorts overalls & a lime green shirt to do the little martians from Toy Story. White shorts, & a B&W polka dot top & blue dog collar for Perdita from 101 Damatians, lavender leggings & oversized pink t-shirt & pink & lavender barrettes for Boo from Monster's Inc; & I MUST do Goofy. It's really going to depend on what I can find & put together...easier said than done - I've already found out. It took me over TWO months to find either yellow shorts or capris just to do Snow White!

This whole Disney Bounding obsession I have developed is going to wreak havoc with my packing o_O. It is going to take some serious strategizing to stay within my baggage/weight limit.

Love this thread! I am planning on bounding for the first time in September. I am going to do Minnie and have already purchased my red capri's and black top. I am hoping I can find an off the shoulder black top and a red and white polka dot tank to go under it but will just wear basic black if I can't. I am also going to get a red and white polka dot bow necklace and wear my Minnie ears. I would also really like to try to do Ursula.

It's DEFINITELY a thinng at BOTH parks, and we've done plenty of it! We head down to DLR next week and have planned out:
-Princesses (blue aurora, blue belle, jasmine)
-fairy friends (peri, iridessa & rosetta)
-Since we JUST missed dapper day on both coasts, we're doing a cute, 50's style day that we're thinking we'll do a few photoshoots in carsland
-then we have cute tulle skirts for the other days!
Here's some pics of the past one's we've done!

Fall Dapper Day 2015:
12916225_10156914952545647_8607310092877678547_o.jpg

Han Solo & Leia
12743830_10156744724570647_1824492405486844472_n.jpg

Snow WHite & Tinkerbell (though she was covered in glitter people kept ASSUMING she was Tiana...)
11752568_10155983992430647_8949797840599892757_n.jpg

Aladdin & Jasmine
1907467_10155284020580647_7251753740813217331_n.jpg

Completely ACCIDENTAL matching sweaters
1477545_10154904401155360_8683967697067358985_n.jpg

Blue belle, yellow belle, gaston & le fou
10450844_10154790630015647_893369921103501625_n.jpg

Goofy, Jolly holiday mary, mr penguin, nanny poppins
10713010_10154790598035647_5646366435531639535_n.jpg

The Festival of the Lion King bird
10592673_10154614185385647_4121290910615131632_n.jpg

AAAnnnd I'll stop there unless people want to see more lol. There are some trips that we might bound one day, and some trips where we'd plan a bound a day! Not pictured I've also done:
-Ariel
-Pooh bear & crew
-Tink
-Wendy
-Flit (bird from Poca)
-Captain Hook
-Anna & Elsa
-Blue dress belle
-Aurora
-Prince Eric
-Prince Philip
-Rapunzel
-Lottie from PATF

And we have a lot of Disney themed tanks, some from Hot topic, some bought online, and I usually throw together some kind of animal print theme for when we're at DAK.

I absolutely love bounding, as a way to show your love for a character and do it not in a costume, and thus, appropriately, some are way more obvious than others, and sometimes the characters don't even get it, but most of the time there's some kind of comment in an interaction. It's also AWESOME to get your starbucks cup handed to you with "Princess Jasmine" written on it, and a lot of cm's refer to you throughout the day as your bound if they're better ones.
IE: when we did Pocahontas & Flit, poca was the ONLY person to get it.
We also had shirts made with sayings from each of the hosts/vocalists/animal sections from Festival of the Lion king, which we know the cast would've understood, but not a lot of other people did!

-Since we JUST missed dapper day on both coasts, we're doing a cute, 50's style day that we're thinking we'll do a few photoshoots in carsland

That's a great idea and so fitting for Cars Land. We did the 50's style when we were at DL on July 17th. It was so cool to see lots of people dressed up for that day. Later on, we changed into red and blue outfits to match Mickey and Minnie's 60th outfits. You are right, sometimes characters and people notice and sometimes they don't but it's just a fun thing for us to do. :-)

Love all the pics!!!

My DD decided she wants to do Snow White so I have started collecting items for her outfit and I'm trying to find something for my son....

Weird, wonder why its a DL thing.... :confused3 We are planning WDW in 2017 and unless i change in size drastically, I'll be doing same outfits there... :jumping1: Guess I will be the odd one out! LOL!
Is it maybe because it began in DL? I'm a WDW vet and have never noticed it there, but then, never really knew to look for it either! I love the idea, tho, and have checked on Pintrest for ideas.

I am going to give this a shot in July. I've got a black t-shirt with some subtle Mickey logos on it, going to wear that with some red shorts and a black cap. Nothing over the top, just what I have in the closet. DW is brainstorming some ideas of her own now too.

In general, I am a bit of an over planner, OCDish by nature type of person... :rolleyes1

But, our upcoming Disney Trip, is making me completely NUTS... I have outfits planned/purchased/being purchased for all of our days in the park... I recently heard of the Disneybound tumblr page, and OH DEAR, it was all over after that... :coffee:

We have 1 or 2 family days, the rest are just us each doing our own thing.. (all disney of course) :rotfl2:

For one of our family days, we are doing Minnie Mouse Themed for a birthday breakfast at Plaza Inn..

And Disneybound type outfits, I have:
Winnie the Pooh
Goofy
Minnie (family day)
Daisy Duck
Little Mermaid...

And then a smorgasbord of Disney t's and tanks...

AHHHH! :crazy2: Have I mentioned we don't leave until the END of JUNE! :o:o

So, help me feel normal.. show me your cute Disney outfits, days in park clothes... PLEASE..!? :worship:

We are doing the Minnie's breakfast on DD's birthday and that is a great idea to do a Minnie theme! I am going to start working on this now. Love all these ideas. She is turning 7 so I may get her an actual Minnie Mouse outfit since she loves her so much!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter