• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disaster...do or not do?

cgattis

DIS Veteran
Never done Disaster. DD11 wants to know if it's scary. And I want to know if it's worth a 30 min wait! Opinions??

It is definitely worth doing once. I don't think it is scary.

Never done Disaster. DD11 wants to know if it's scary. And I want to know if it's worth a 30 min wait! Opinions??

It's worth doing once. My 11 yr old was scared to try but after he did it said he was glad he experienced it

It's definitely worth a 30 minute wait. If you're a Christopher Walken fan, it's worth a 90 minute wait.

We do it at least once every trip. It`s fun and not scary :thumbsup2

If you've never done it, it is certainly worth your wait. It is even more fun if you participate.

Aaarrrghhhh!!! I LOVE Christopher Walken!!! Kids adamantly did not want to wait 30 min (so spoiled by coming at down times...) so I didn't make them. Boo. Well darn it, they'll do it next trip, and Hall of Secretaries of the Interior too!! Bwahahahaha!!

I was "lucky" to be picked as the grandmother and be in the show. Don't want to ruin it for anyone but the ending really made my kids and grandkids day. They ribbed me for the rest of the trip. It was fun. I just wish they offered a video.

Defo worth doing. Last year i pointed out my brother as a volunteer from behind him , he was not a happy bunny but took part and loved it , one of our trip highlights that was :)

I was "lucky" to be picked as the grandmother and be in the show. Don't want to ruin it for anyone but the ending really made my kids and grandkids day. They ribbed me for the rest of the trip. It was fun. I just wish they offered a video.

To this day, my kids can make me crack up by shouting "Stare at the Rock!"

I had video of the old Earthquake show from ten years ago. My preteens could not wait to go on it. After we went last year, they thought the new Disaster movie premise was meh and not impressed with the climax at all (since it took on new meaning in the 'film').

The adults all loved it and could not tell how the Walken hologram was done!

I say do it but I'm biased :p

Even though it's almost the same, I used to love it when it was Earthquake.

When i went to USF in July of last year, I was selected as one of the 3 "scientists" that the rocks fall on. It was hilarious! :rotfl2:

This was the funniest show we saw. The Team Member was hilarious. We just got back Saturday. My dd is 8 and was scared to go in and never relaxed, even though there were lots of funny things. When we went into the subway area, she was scared when the water came through. We warned her it would happen. I thought she was being a little over dramatic. She is my little drama queen. She was fine when it was over, but we didn't do Twister after that.

Twister is only worth a 30 minute wait if you're a Bill Paxton fan. If there are any of those. Seriously - the preshow is pretty dull. The effects part is OK, but not really worth any sort of wait.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter