Disappointed

Status
Not open for further replies.
CrazyFinishedFieldmouse-max-1mb.gif

I will take crud for this opinion but for a week I’ve just scrolled. Said you know what everyone is entitled to their opinion of what happens. I too have been shamed from this site by several so let’s just do it again.

So frustrated what is enough for you? How many days have people said John needs to make a statement. He did it isn’t what you have decided he should/should not say so more of it. There really is nothing that is going to please you and honestly at this point you are the one that needs to look inside. This is my no means a stan for any of the leadership or handling of this awful discovery. However, short of a public stoning there is nothing that will appease you. Time to take a good long look at yourself. BTW there are several that “you” apply to and for the most part I’ve blocked them because well it is repetitive whining.

Remember when they said they were moving out of Pete’s studio so Kevin can scooter easier? Good times…
I can imagine they are brainstorming ideas and they were like hey let just use Kevin’s scooter as an excuse! Great idea! And Kevin comes by and was like we doing what now?

Did they even tell Kevin they were using his scooter as the excuse? He probably wouldn’t care anyways. Kevin always seemed cool and I like his takes and his passion for AbD. I hope his conscience is clear (not be accusatory just hoping he is an innocent) and he realizes the Dis needs him to step up, even though he probably doesn’t want to be there.

Anyone remember the time Pete was bragging about his room getting housekeeping because Disney “knew who he was” and Kevin remarked “I got housekeeping and nobody knows who I am.” My favorite Kevin moment.

It is tone deaf but let’s not forget who the real villain is.
I get what you mean and I realize this is sort of pedantic - but I actually think there is something dangerous (on two fronts) of saying this was the action of a villain. First, and I hope this is clear from my other posts, I would in no way want to morally support these actions - but I do think there's a real problem with dehumanization that no one deserves (not even perpetrators). The other, though, is that we can escape wrestling with the conscious choice of actions that were made time and time again. It isn't that someone was born morally defective (aka "a villain") - it's that someone made choices to harm others and we can so easily label people as villains but then ignore how often perpetrators are close by (in terms of family, community, etc). I realize this isn't super important - just something that came to mind.

I will take crud for this opinion but for a week I’ve just scrolled. Said you know what everyone is entitled to their opinion of what happens. I too have been shamed from this site by several so let’s just do it again.

So frustrated what is enough for you? How many days have people said John needs to make a statement. He did it isn’t what you have decided he should/should not say so more of it. There really is nothing that is going to please you and honestly at this point you are the one that needs to look inside. This is my no means a stan for any of the leadership or handling of this awful discovery. However, short of a public stoning there is nothing that will appease you. Time to take a good long look at yourself. BTW there are several that “you” apply to and for the most part I’ve blocked them because well it is repetitive whining.
I don't think things have to be so black and white and I think it does a real disservice to people like John, Craig, etc. One can hold that one person did very bad things; one can hold that others may have seen flags and did not address them (whether because they didn't have the power to do so or they benefitted from keeping the status quo or their own trauma or a million other things). One can also point out that no one is perfect and we all make mistakes. Most people are clearly not asking for a public stoning; but in the words of Tamara Renaye, “Accountability feels like an attack when you're not ready to acknowledge how your behavior harms others." Peace be with you since you don't want to hear how people have legitimately been hurt and dismiss it completely as "repetitive whining." I hope you don't say similar things around/to other survivors because that's really detrimental.

Sean had written this on the site that can't be named...i'm so curious of who he's referring to:

(The quoted part here is another poster on the forum asking Sean this question )
You mentioned before that Charles hated you. Were the other Dis members cordial with you (at least when Pete wasn't telling them to hate you)?
Yea everyone else was cordial with me. Charles was really the only one that openly didn’t care for me. I think others were worried about my situation with Pete, but it was moreso how it affected them. I remember getting approached by a staff member (won’t say who) and them reminding me that if I reported Pete/sued him that I wasn’t just hurting Pete, I would be hurting everyone because they would all lose their jobs.

A lot of people cautioned Pete that he should be more careful around me because I was the most likely to go public and they were 100% correct and I even told Pete at the time that they were right because I would go public when the time was right and he laughed it off and thought I was kidding.

------------------------

On first glance, you might think Kevin or John, but by Sean and Dustins accounts, they are great guys. And they also both have nothing bad to say about Craig/Corey/Ryno.
I have a hard time thinking it's Teresa. Seems SO out of character. Is he referring to Charles here, despite referring to him in the previous sentence?

On one of the most recent shows, it seemed like Craig and Teresa were needling one another. It didn't come off as playful banter - they seemed genuinely at odds with one another. Do you think they were? Was it about this?
I've always found they had a playful, catty back and forth banter with eachother. Craig also with Julie.
I didn't pick up on that tbh.

Sean had written this on the site that can't be named...i'm so curious of who he's referring to:

I remember getting approached by a staff member (won’t say who) and them reminding me that if I reported Pete/sued him that I wasn’t just hurting Pete, I would be hurting everyone because they would all lose their jobs.

On first glance, you might think Kevin or John, but by Sean and Dustins accounts, they are great guys. And they also both have nothing bad to say about Craig/Corey/Ryno.
I have a hard time thinking it's Teresa. Seems SO out of character. Is he referring to Charles here, despite referring to him in the previous sentence?
It can’t be John as Sean said it was a staff member, I doubt it’s Kevin since it seemed like they just told him he had to do some work so he picked AbD and since he is married to John I doubt Sean looks at Kevin as just another staff member.

Sean doesn’t want to reveal the person so I feel we that go, his story, his time. I am guessing it’s complicated enough Sean doesn’t want to expose him/her. I am sure if it was Charles he would call him out. Sean seems very open and not afraid of confrontation while at the same time being very nice and respectful. I think if you watch the shows enough you can kind of narrow it down.

Could someone please point me in the direction of information about what you are all talking about? I tried Googling what seems to be the main person's name, the name of the company, etc., and I come up with nothing but links to YT videos and threads here on the DIS that only hint at what's going on.

As a longtime DISer, I'm quite concerned that this board could go under.

If someone could send me a DM briefly describing the current difficulties, I'd really appreciate it. Thank you.

ETA: Many thanks to everyone who responded.
Can someone send me the same? Thanks

Aside from punching him or quitting his job, Dustin didn’t really have any power to stop Pete from “approaching” him. When the owner of a company is acting this way, and your livelihood depends on the job, it’s not as easy as you make it.

Keep in mind, I believe Dustin had just lost his best friend, he moved down to Orlando to pursue his Disney dream, and now he was working at what he thought was his dream job.
Umm …if my boss does what DW described, I’m looking for a new job in the morning. PERIOD. So you’re telling me you’d stay???

(The quoted part here is another poster on the forum asking Sean this question )

Yea everyone else was cordial with me. Charles was really the only one that openly didn’t care for me. I think others were worried about my situation with Pete, but it was moreso how it affected them. I remember getting approached by a staff member (won’t say who) and them reminding me that if I reported Pete/sued him that I wasn’t just hurting Pete, I would be hurting everyone because they would all lose their jobs.

A lot of people cautioned Pete that he should be more careful around me because I was the most likely to go public and they were 100% correct and I even told Pete at the time that they were right because I would go public when the time was right and he laughed it off and thought I was kidding.

------------------------

He also followed up by saying it was not said in a threatening way. If Sean wanted to divulge who it was, he would. I don’t think we need to speculate. All he was trying to convey was that many on the team were walking on eggshells and worried about their job security.

Umm …if my boss does what DW described, I’m looking for a new job in the morning. PERIOD. So you’re telling me you’d stay???
I wonder if you've ever been homeless. Many people put up with many things to meet their basic needs. My experience is that when people are "sure" they'd never put up with abuse, they haven't had a lot of experience needing to do whatever it takes to stay alive, housed, fed. That's not always true - but I've worked in both DV/Sexual Assault orgs and with Homelessness and that has been a pretty clear through-line.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter