Disappointed

kjetjl

DIS Veteran
So we made pre Covid plans (free dining) in Jan. We got the free dining removed and all our good dining reservations cancelled. But totally understandable. We did get a 30%off. Then our nephew's rescheduled wedding is the day before we were supposed to leave. We didn't feel comfortable going to Disney a few days after a wedding so I called to see if we could move the trip back 2-3 weeks just to make sure none of us were exposed to anything at the wedding. But we we were told we could not keep the discount. We had 2 rooms and 8 pp so without the discount, the trip cost was out of reach. So we cancelled about a week ago. Now Disney goes and offers 30% to a bunch of states which we do not live in. I understand these are unprecedented times, but really angry and frustrated right now.

Last edited:
You don’t mention your dates, but i thought the 30% recovery offer you had should have been valid any time in 2020. Not full price-protection but the discount should have been allowed. If you wanted to push into 2021 it would not carry. I’m really sorry you received misinformation if that’s the situation. You could try pleading your case, but since you already cancelled it may be too late.

You don’t mention your dates, but i thought the 30% recovery offer you had should have been valid any time in 2020. Not full price-protection but the discount should have been allowed. If you wanted to push into 2021 it would not carry. I’m really sorry you received misinformation if that’s the situation. You could try pleading your case, but since you already cancelled it may be too late.
We were supposed to arrive in Florida Sept. 6, first day at Disney was September 8. Just wanted to push to late September arrival and it was a firm no.🤷

You should have retained your percent off, but not your price protection. I talked to 3 different CM's about this who all gave me the same answers and got prices for new date. I hate that you cancelled without getting a CM who knew what they were talking about 😔

It should have. We had it and was able to move our end end of July trip to Nov.

We were supposed to arrive in Florida Sept. 6, first day at Disney was September 8. Just wanted to push to late September arrival and it was a firm no.🤷
When I get (what I think is) an unreasonable 'no' I always call back. I would still call back and make your request.

CMs are So. Variable.

Forget about Disney's promos! Right now is the ideal time to rent DVC points. Had I bagged some at the right time, I'd have a Polynesian (deluxe studio) stay for about $208/night. No taxes or fees, and free parking anywhere I want during my visit!

Forget about Disney's promos! Right now is the ideal time to rent DVC points. Had I bagged some at the right time, I'd have a Polynesian (deluxe studio) stay for about $208/night. No taxes or fees, and free parking anywhere I want during my visit!
PortieOwner is spot on. Rent points or find a discounted confirmed reservation. So many great deals out there right now and you are helping out an owner who is likely in a similar tough situation from Covid canceling their plans.

I had called two times over a couple days and got no from both CMs. I thought maybe we were just too late because I had read others were able to keep the discount as long as the trip was still in 2020. But shaking my head at having to cancel our stay and then Disney offers the same discount just a short time later. We've made alternative plans here for the week but interested to know what is the best way to seek out a dvc rental...

We were able to move our trip supposed to start Sept 7th to second week of December and keep our % off from them removing free dining.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter