• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disappointed with WL.

jessgood1

Earning My Ears
Just returned from a 7-day stay at WL. It was first time there and my first time back to WDW in about 18 years. We had an ant infestation in our room. When we alerted the front desk they said they’d have someone “spray.” Not too thrilled about that since I have 3 small kids – but okay. The pest control guy came up and said they bait at the source and they couldn’t find a source, so couldn’t do anything. Desk offered to move us to a room with 2 beds (had bunks). We looked at that room but really wanted to extra floor space with bunks. The next day they offered us a room with bunks. So, we had to pack up and move (mind you with 3 little ones). Not once did anyone apologize for the inconvenience. I overhead several folks discussing how things had really “gone downhill” so I’m guessing I’m not the only one who was not impressed. We stayed one night at HIFS and I was actually more impressed with the state of the rooms there than WL. Sure wish it was closer though….

Enough complaining! The boat ride to MK was wonderful and the bus transportation was great. We never had to wait more than 10 minutes for any form of transportation. The lodge was beautiful and the weather was gorgeous and the kids loved MICKEY and we saw the fireworks from the boat– what more can you ask for?!?!?!

Sorry to hear of the ant problem. But, at least most of the trip was good. It's too bad you had to change rooms. I probably would have been happier changing rather than being in a recently sprayed room. How did you find the WL to be overall? Most people seem to really like it a lot. We ate there and roamed around for a bit in August. It looked pretty interesting.

Sorry to hear you had problems, bugs happen everywhere in Florida :(
I was at the WL a month ago and as usual had a wonderful room and service.

Would you mind sharing your room number or where it was located.

Sorry to hear you had a problem.

Sorry to hear about the ant problems. We had them once in the Poly. They liked the sink for some reason! When I first saw your post I thought it was going to be about the transportation. I had the opposite experience. I LOVED the resort but hated the transportation! I am glad to hear transportation is improving as I would love to split a stay there and the Poly next April.

So sorry for your "visitors". Many people have posted that they too, have had "vistors" at many different WDW resorts. I guess in FL, it just comes with the "turf".

Did the other people say what had "gone downhill"? We were just there in Sept and everything was so pristine. I can't imagine it being any better.

I have noticed how Disney, in general, is really cutting corners. A little "snip" here, a "snip" there..... One by one, they are not much, but together, well, they show......

The room with the ants was 4013. Wouldn't have minded but they were getting in the towels and on the sink. Really a simple apology would have sufficed! The WL was beautiful, the lobby was amazing. I wish we had gone before kids so we could really appreciate it! ;)

I'm sorry you had a problem....I love WL and want everyone to enjoy their stay. Sounds like the staff did their best to help, but sometimes there just aren't exact room's avalable to move to.

I was at the Lodge this past week-end and I thought everything was in good repair, didn't notice anything going down-hill. As a DVC owner at VWL I do check everything out very closely as I have a large financial investment involved.
Ants can move in, in a matter of minutes attracted by just a small amount of food or temperature change.
But you shouldn't have to share your room with anything.

Here in Florida there are worst creatures then ants....

Glad the rest of your trip was good.:earsboy:

P.S. Just noticed you said noone apologized....Not the norm at all I had to wait a few minutes for a bellman at check-out and recieved several apologies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter