Disappointed with the Villas at the grand Floridian

Gotta let Maintenance know of issues while you're there! Housekeeping, too.

Perhaps it would be a good idea for there to be a maintenance form for us to fill out during or after our stay.

That would be a terrific idea. :)

But the curved shower curtain; how do you screw that up?!? It's supposed to give you more room in the shower, but it was mounted so far back that you actually had less space. So, tons of wide open, useless space, and less usable space than there should be.

LOL.

But having been in the househunting market off and on since last August, even home re-doers seem more interested in big spaces, not *useful* or useable spaces. It's really weird.

The shower curtain thing...how annoying.

Perhaps it would be a good idea for there to be a maintenance form for us to fill out during or after our stay. For example, mousekeeping does not have "check if all TVs are working properly" in their job description. When we have had a maintenance issue that needed attention immediately, we have contacted engineering and they have taken care of it by the end of the day, if not sooner. If there is an issue that has not bothered us but could affect the next guests, then we have made it a point to go to the desk and report that issue when we are checking out. For example, we had a utility panel that kept loosening from the top and falling halfway down when we were staying in a 1 bedroom Boardwalk view at BWV. We continued to push it back in so it did not bother us. However, I was concerned that the panel would come lose and seriously hurt a toddler staying in the villa in the future. There is no way that mousekeeping would notice this issue. The person at the desk was very concerned and very appreciative that I told her about the issue. She was on the phone to maintenance before I had the chance to leave the desk.
If all members reported these issues, then we would hear fewer complaints about "dumps" by people who simply complain but never report any issues themselves.

If everyone reported room issues Disney would have to hire additional people. I get the feeling that the room game is the way they do business, at least with the DVC rooms. There are often very noticeable room issues that had to be noticed by housekeeping and maintenance issues that still existed for over a year.

:earsboy: Bill

We just bought GFV this year, but don't know when we're going to get a chance to stay there as I couldn't get a studio for this November (too late) and we can't afford a 1-bed with the number of points we bought. Bit stupid, really. Hopefully we can get a few nights in a 1-bed in 2017 when we come over again and then stay off site for the rest of our holiday.

Anyway, space-wise, I did comment at the time we had the viewing about how cramped the studio was (apart from the oversized bathroom/s).

I disagree that Disney would have to hire additional people if people reported room issues. They are dealing with these issues anyway - this way they would just be notified sooner. Also, some minor issues become much greater issues if not attended to at the proper time. In essence, this is our property as owners. And as owners, I believe that we make an effort to report all issues - big and small - and let Disney prioritize their repair.

In my experience, I have found Disney to be very responsive to issues in the room.

I disagree that Disney would have to hire additional people if people reported room issues. They are dealing with these issues anyway - this way they would just be notified sooner. Also, some minor issues become much greater issues if not attended to at the proper time. In essence, this is our property as owners. And as owners, I believe that we make an effort to report all issues - big and small - and let Disney prioritize their repair.

In my experience, I have found Disney to be very responsive to issues in the room.

I have to disagree some what. As I posted I have seen a missing kitchen drawer at OKW stay missing for over a year, when asked maintenance said that they think that it is in one of the shops on a shelf.

If all issues were reported they would have an increase in their workload. As it is now often guests don't want to be bothered so they don't report issues that may go on for days, weeks or months depending on the severity.

I certainly believe that many members filling out maintenance forms would help to prioritize the repairs and would help to prevent small issues turning into larger issues. At the very least, I certainly don't think it would hurt, and it might help to make the next guest's stay smoother. For example, on our third day in a room that at first appeared to have no issues at all, we noticed that the microwave was inoperable due to the turntable mechanism missing a small part. (This was not resolved the same night as it was almost 10 pm when we reported it. However, it was fixed before 2 the next afternoon.) if a previous guest had reported this issue, then we would not have had to deal with it.

I certainly believe that many members filling out maintenance forms would help to prioritize the repairs and would help to prevent small issues turning into larger issues. At the very least, I certainly don't think it would hurt, and it might help to make the next guest's stay smoother. For example, on our third day in a room that at first appeared to have no issues at all, we noticed that the microwave was inoperable due to the turntable mechanism missing a small part. (This was not resolved the same night as it was almost 10 pm when we reported it. However, it was fixed before 2 the next afternoon.) if a previous guest had reported this issue, then we would not have had to deal with it.

I agree that issues should be reported but if guests don't take the time to call I doubt if they will take the time to fill out a form.

bottom line is avoid room 1526. They never finished cleaning it and it was dirty. This is the grand Floridian? Dump. Thank goodness I don't own here. Plus the tv in the mirror doesn't work. This will be my first and last visit here.
As a former luxury hotel professional I can pretty much guarantee issues like this will happen in even the highest rated European 5 diamond resorts at one point or another. This is most likely an isolated incident caused by simple human error. The best thing to do is to contact management immediately. I've seen issues like this turned into huge positives many times in my experience. This being a luxury Disney resort (and because I've personally known several members of the Grand Floridian management team) I know they would bend over backwards to correct the issue and then some

Well the GF staff made everything work out. I have to give them credit. We did end up enjoying our stay. Dump was the wrong choice of words. For that I apologize. My original post was right after checking in.

I loved our stay at the VGF, just don't like the high point cost.

The TV in the mirror doesn't make much sense since who is at the sink long enough to use it. Now if it had of been at the end of the tub, that would have been a different matter.

Spoken like a true man.

At the risk of sounding vain I spend about 20-40 minutes in front of the mirror every day (home or vacation) drying and straightening my hair, putting on make up and watch TV on my iPad as I do it. TV in the mirror would be great for me.

So in answer to your question women do!

I agree though it is a bit of an unnecessary gadget

It sounds like the OP didn't bother to get the room cleaned either since he is telling us to avoid it. Membership comes with responsibilities please call housekeeping and maintenance to clean and fix items when needed. I am sorry he had this experience someone messed up and marked the room as available for occupancy too early.
This. If ever something is not in working order I report it. That way it gets fixed. Not only for the next guest but for general upkeep.

My experience has been also been to contact the front desk and/or guest services when a housekeeping issue has come up--and fortunately for us, it's all been resolved. We own at the VGF and have never had an issue--in fact, their service has been exceptional! This may have simply been one of those moments. :( Moments which I think can happen at ANY DVC resort. We have also stayed at the Beach Club many times and most stays are terrific. We had one that was unpleasant for housekeeping (dirty towels left and/or trash not taken out). I walked over to the front desk and explained our situation--they fixed it right away and provided a $50 credit to our account. :thumbsup2 I hope you enjoy the rest of your stay!!!

Sorry you weren't thrilled with your stay. I hope you at least said something to guest services, complaining here won't fix much.

I think every resort has the potential to have a bad room occasionally and if you complained they would have sent someone to clean it. I personally, wouldn't stop staying somewhere because of it...maybe it if kept happening.

bottom line is avoid room 1526. They never finished cleaning it and it was dirty. This is the grand Floridian? Dump. Thank goodness I don't own here. Plus the tv in the mirror doesn't work. This will be my first and last visit here.

The Grand Floridian hotel was the only place I have ever stayed where I could write "dust me" on the furniture in the dust and the statement was still there when I checked out two days later.

As for complaining.. this hotel seems to think they do you a favor by letting you stay there and your complaints just prove you aren't worthy.

NEVER AGAIN LOL!

The Grand Floridian hotel was the only place I have ever stayed where I could write "dust me" on the furniture in the dust and the statement was still there when I checked out two days later.

As for complaining.. this hotel seems to think they do you a favor by letting you stay there and your complaints just prove you aren't worthy.

NEVER AGAIN LOL!

This thread is about the Villas at Grand Floridian, not the hotel. Cleaning in a DVC room is not performed daily. If housekeeping left the room dirty on arrival just call housekeeping to come clean it. At VGF the cast members are polite and very helpful in my experience. If you did stay at the hotel portion of the Grand Floridian and had problem(s) you could complain to wdw.guest.communications@disneyworld.com

I own at SSR but will be staying at VGF in a two bedroom for the second time in September. I am a defender of the mirror TV lol

I would keep it on the channel thtat played the continuous Disney music and it was always playing when I walked into my room and when I would get ready for the day or dinner. It made me soooo happy everybtime I walked into my bedroom lol.

I think a tv in a bathroom mirror is absurd.

Of course I wouldn't know if it works or not because I won't be turning it on.

And I think VGF is lovely. Can't wait to stay there.

Well the GF staff made everything work out. I have to give them credit. We did end up enjoying our stay. Dump was the wrong choice of words. For that I apologize. My original post was right after checking in.

Excellent! Glad you reported it and got it resolved. :)

Sorry check-in was not a very good experience but glad it all turned out okay and you enjoyed your stay. I am not an owner but would like to stay here some day - as well as the Poly and BLT. Love to try them all. We have enjoyed all the DVC resorts and know that these problems can happen at any of the resorts. It is a good idea to always complain/notify the front desk and always give the resort a second chance. Again, glad it all worked out in the end!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter