Disappointed with quality of merchandise...

pafer

Mouseketeer
We visited Disney this February and my youngest daughter used her Christmas gift cards to purchase the 2017 Sorcerer Mickey sweatshirt. The stars which appear to be heat transfer foil applied to the back of the sweatshirt are peeling and many have fallen off the sweatshirt. I have washed and dried according to the instructions on the label. Does anyone know how I can contact Disney to let them know this has happened? My daughter is upset that this is happening after spending so much of her own money on it. Has anyone else experienced this issue?
upload_2017-4-2_9-57-45.png

I would call customer service. I have noticed a big decline in quality of the WDW clothing.

I agree with toomanjan, call customer service. I have also noted a decline quality of clothing. If you still have the receipt you might be able to exchange it or get a refund on your return visit.

Quality has gone downhill big time. We still have the sweatshirt hubby bought during his first visit in 1997 pre - AK. It is in great condition. In the past few years I have needed to call customer service to exchange three different items that fell apart, wore out etc in a matter of months.

We normally keep all the receipts but she bought this with gift cards and my husband can't find the receipt. He is not sure if he decided he did not need it to balance the bank account and maybe threw it out. I am so disappointed with this item. I tried to talk her out of buying another sweatshirt after the last white one she bought. She quit wearing it because the cuffs on the sleeve get dingy looking. I tried to talk her into something else but she was dead set on this jacket. You can imagine my thoughts when I noticed little stars stuck in the lint trap and falling off on the floor.

We normally keep all the receipts but she bought this with gift cards and my husband can't find the receipt.

I would still reach out to customer service. I bought DVC logo kitchen items that the design completely wore off. The cast member was willing to exchange them for me. They are usually very accommodating.

I certainly do not buy as much merchandise as I have in the past. It just isn't the same for the price you are spending.

I would still reach out to customer service. I bought DVC logo kitchen items that the design completely wore off. The cast member was willing to exchange them for me. They are usually very accommodating.

Wish they'd offer a larger quantity/variety of items both @ WDW & disneyshopping site.

I've called the Merchandise line in the past & they've been very helpful about replacements.

As an aside, I've been sucked into the Disney Instagram merch community - small businesses that make their own tees and apparel. The quality is great for the prices, and they have really unique and fun designs that you don't necessarily see in the parks. Might be worth investigating!

We normally keep all the receipts but she bought this with gift cards and my husband can't find the receipt. He is not sure if he decided he did not need it to balance the bank account and maybe threw it out. I am so disappointed with this item. I tried to talk her out of buying another sweatshirt after the last white one she bought. She quit wearing it because the cuffs on the sleeve get dingy looking. I tried to talk her into something else but she was dead set on this jacket. You can imagine my thoughts when I noticed little stars stuck in the lint trap and falling off on the floor.

I don't think they normally require receipts for things like this.

I do pass on quite a few cute items because they don't appear to have lasting power.

I agree with calling customer service.

Overall, the merchandise is very generic, boring and too overpriced. I mean, yes, I bought one of the monorail train sets for around my Christmas Tree. I'd love to have all the other colors, but at $90 a train, I have other things I can spend $1,000 on. Also, they haven't had colors other than orange and blue in at least 3 years. I bought the train in 2014, and it was the same 2 colors when we went in January of this year, talk about disappointing.

As far as clothing, a good chunk of the shirts are blue (at least on the guys side)! I mean, I like blue, but not to make a whole Disney wardrobe from.

The trading pins are also getting outrageous. It's a hobby I like, but again, it's starting to get to the point that I have better things to buy with as much money as a few pins cost.

I've called the Merchandise line in the past & they've been very helpful about replacements.

As an aside, I've been sucked into the Disney Instagram merch community - small businesses that make their own tees and apparel. The quality is great for the prices, and they have really unique and fun designs that you don't necessarily see in the parks. Might be worth investigating!
I have a Cricut and made some items for the last trip but my youngest has made it a point to purchase a sweatshirt the past 3 trips. She insisted on this sweatshirt this trip. I have received an automated response to an email I sent letting me know someone will contact me but have heard nothing since. I plan to call the number in that email tomorrow.

The quality of the clothing has gone downhill so much that I've only bought Disney clothing if it's officially licensed by Disney, but made by a 3rd party I typically trust. (Nike golf, Tommy Bahama, etc.). I've been burned too many times by Disney clothing to make that mistake again.

I agree with the quality of the merchandise at WDW has significantly declined over the last few years. It is very disappointing. Especially because I'm always looking to spend some money and buy some things but the merchandise is just so tacky and non appealing. Disney merchandising needs to do better!

The quality of the clothing has gone downhill so much that I've only bought Disney clothing if it's officially licensed by Disney, but made by a 3rd party I typically trust. (Nike golf, Tommy Bahama, etc.). I've been burned too many times by Disney clothing to make that mistake again.

It's funny you say that - our recent purchases include a Tommy Bahama DVC shirt for DH, a Vera Bradley Mickey pattern bag for me, and a couple of Disney t-shirts from old navy. So EXACTLY what you are talking about above.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter