• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disappointed with Caseys:(

imthatgirl

DIS Veteran
Friday was our last day in WDW so we decided to end it in the Magic Kingdom. We were on the meal plan and had one quick serve meal left for all 5 of us. In all of our years we have yet to eat at Caseys so we headed there. Just to find out that they don;t have a kids option for a quick serve. Very disappointing. Who would have thought a hot dog place couldn't accommodate a child.

Of course we paid OOP for many meals while we were there and had we gone there at the beginning of the week we would have just bought it....but we couldn't see wasting the QS.

Anyway....we left less the thrilled and ate at out resort.

Casey's does not have a children's menu. This means you can use a child's DDP credit for anything off the regular menu. There are several other CS restaurants like this at WDW (although not many). The list is in the "Everything you always wanted to know" sticky thread on the dining plan board.

Not sure if you are saying that you believed you couldn't use the child's DDP credit there, or if you wanted a smaller item for the child and they didn't have one.

Casey's does not have a children's menu. This means you can use a child's DDP credit for anything off the regular menu. Doesn't mean the child can't eat there.

Thats not what she told us. She said that we would need to use adult QS options for it. We talked to her for about 5 minutes explaining to her that we only had 2 adult and 3 child QS left. She explained there was noting she could do except have us pay oop for the childrens food.

She was incorrect. You could have bought 5 regular QS meals there. That is the policy of WDW and the brochures say "must order from a children's menu where available." (Anyone reading...if this happens to you, ask to see a manager or try another cashier)

I'm mad now. Honestly this really upsets me. I wanted so badly to eat there. I know it's only hotdogs, but it was all I wanted at that time. It wasn't even that I misunderstood her, she was very clear about how to pay for the kids meals.

Your story is the first time I've heard that anyone was denied use of children's credits at a participating CS with no child's menu. If this was widespread we'd have it everywhere on the board. Looks like you got a CM who didn't understand the policy (unless Disney's made a change - and if they have we will hear more about it)

Honestly, if I were on DDP (I won't use it anymore) I would carry that brochure around with me all the time in case I needed to show some CM what Disney's policies are.

Maybe she was new. IDK. We've used the DDP 9 times now. I thought I knew it all, but I had never come across this issue. I know now, but what good does it do me:(

Oh well, in reality I guess it's not THAT big a deal. The next time we go I'll have 2 kids over the age of 10 so we won't use the DDP. It becomes a waste of money when your kids grow up, lol.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter