• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disappointed so far at boulder ridge

dzorn

DIS Addict
We arrived about 9 pm last night. Reservation not in my name. I am the dvc member. It was under one of my guests. They could not fix without cancelling and rebooking. Desk suggested just leaving it as is because it could mess up my points. I ordered magic band+ for everyone on the reservation. Customized to the characters they wanted. Picked band in plenty of time to be mail. I even inquired from DVC if they would all be shipped to my address. Yes I’m primary so they would ship to me. Not mailed. I inquired with DVC as my app says none selected. They say i must have selected to late to mail. (Not true) They say they are ordered and should be at front desk. Bands no where to be found. They give me a voucher for gift shop. Very limited selection on characters. None that anyone wanted. Okay they said I could use voucher in parks.

Get to room 2 bedroom. No desk, no usb outlets. Rolling closet door not attached on one side. Shower seat I requested more the height of foot stool.

It’s not starting out very good.

Arrived at 8 o'clock last night, also 2 bedroom. Everything as expected, no problems. Got a table at Geyser Point with no reservation and enjoyed a nice meal watching football. Had Owner's Locker in room less than 10 minutes after I requested it be delivered. No issues with the room. It's no secret the BRV rooms need refurbishment, and they are already working on it on the 4th and 5th floor.

Arrived at 8 o'clock last night, also 2 bedroom. Everything as expected, no problems. Got a table at Geyser Point with no reservation and enjoyed a nice meal watching football. Had Owner's Locker in room less than 10 minutes after I requested it be delivered. No issues with the room. It's no secret the BRV rooms need refurbishment, and they are already working on it on the 4th and 5th floor.
Sir, have you ever heard of letting someone air their grievances? It’s good for the soul sometimes. You didn’t need to “my trip is going perfectly, sucks to be you” him as the first reply.

We arrived about 9 pm last night. Reservation not in my name. I am the dvc member. It was under one of my guests. They could not fix without cancelling and rebooking. Desk suggested just leaving it as is because it could mess up my points. I ordered magic band+ for everyone on the reservation. Customized to the characters they wanted. Picked band in plenty of time to be mail. I even inquired from DVC if they would all be shipped to my address. Yes I’m primary so they would ship to me. Not mailed. I inquired with DVC as my app says none selected. They say i must have selected to late to mail. (Not true) They say they are ordered and should be at front desk. Bands no where to be found. They give me a voucher for gift shop. Very limited selection on characters. None that anyone wanted. Okay they said I could use voucher in parks.

Get to room 2 bedroom. No desk, no usb outlets. Rolling closet door not attached on one side. Shower seat I requested more the height of foot stool.

It’s not starting out very good.
Hopefully today goes better. Ask them about the shower seat, but if really needed, there are places that rent them. I know, that's more money and it sucks, and if you do rent, I'd let guest services know of the expense if incurred because of their insufficient equipment. The BRV rooms are definitely lacking in USB outlets, although check the alarm clocks, they may have them...can't remember right off hand. And I don't remember a desk either in the 2 bed...must be they expect people to work at the table in the living room. Not the best. Hopefully you got a decent view, and from what I've heard, you may not be missing much with the Magic Band+...although it'd still be super frustrating to get to the resort and not have them after being told they'd be there. Here's to some pixie dust for the rest of your stay 😊

Sir, have you ever heard of letting someone air their grievances? It’s good for the soul sometimes. You didn’t need to “my trip is going perfectly, sucks to be you” him as the first reply.
It was merely a counterpoint. I wouldn’t say “no problems” equals “perfect”, but ok. It’s an Internet forum.

Plus, her first paragraph has nothing to do with the resort, or specifically Boulder Ridge. Definitely real issues and no fun, but issues that the front desk has no control over.

Last edited:
It will turn around for you hopefully.

There is no desk or USB ports in BRV 2 Bedrooms I don't believe? If people haven't they should find a spot where they have the Matterport 3D walk through of the DVC rooms. Helps prepare for some of the quirkiness of some of the rooms (especially if they haven't been updated yet).

hope it turns around! There are no usb outlets and the outlets we had were so loose nothuing stayed plugged in. Hope they do the refurb right! Sorry your room isnt what you expected.

I have had the system reverse the names of guests when it transferred from the DVC site to the hotel system. Not sure why it does it sometimes and not others, but it doesn’t really matter which order the guests are listed.

As far as MB+, that is sad that something happened, but hopefully you can find ones you like at the parks. It sounds like you are not the only ones who have had issues since they were rolled out.

I have not been to BrV in a 2 bedroom for quite a few years, but last time we were there, I don’t remember any USB port since those seem to have been added when renovations were done. Good news is that the refurb is going on now and when done, all those should be standard.

Hope the rest of the trips goes better!

Incredible that Disney IT failures are so routine that they are just shrugged off. The ‘system’ should not randomly redo guest lists, but for whatever reason Disney’s systems have been doing this type of thing for years.
Pathetic that they cannot roll out a new product - MB+ w/out issues being commonplace, but their MO seems to be who needs beta testing - let’s go live & have people pay for the privilege of being our Guinea pigs, we’ll throw token guest recovery vouchers at those who don’t get what we promised them.
Of course it adds a frisson of excitement to visits to Disney - what will not work as promised, how long will I spend at the front desk to sort it out, or will I need to visit guest services & if so how long will the line be & how long will it take them to deliver what I paid for.
Sorry for the rough start OP, hope things improve going forward.

Well today did started off a little rough also. Bus transport was slow. Get to Hollywood Studios find magic band+. Not the ones that we wanted but at this point whatever. (Choose to get magic bands as two of my party have disabilities, easier to keep track of their tickets and DAS selections) . Cashier offers to set them up and instructs my husband incorrectly. Now he has my band assigned to him. Normally not a big deal, but hubby chose a mickey band that says Dad. She directs us to a blue guest experience umbrella off in the distance, only for use to get there and it’s a food cart. Finally got the correct person and she fixed the issue. (And the magic band+ Need to be charged with a usb cable, the item they don’t have in the room)

Day goes better from there. I am not use to driving a scooter, but got one this trip due to a ankle fracture. I cannot believe the number of people that do not pay attention to where they are walking. People stop staring at your phones.

I think I’m getting short tempered as everything takes longer with a broken bone. Even just running out to get USB plugs takes longer as I cannot go myself but need someone to accompany me.

Well today did started off a little rough also. Bus transport was slow. Get to Hollywood Studios find magic band+. Not the ones that we wanted but at this point whatever. (Choose to get magic bands as two of my party have disabilities, easier to keep track of their tickets and DAS selections) . Cashier offers to set them up and instructs my husband incorrectly. Now he has my band assigned to him. Normally not a big deal, but hubby chose a mickey band that says Dad. She directs us to a blue guest experience umbrella off in the distance, only for use to get there and it’s a food cart. Finally got the correct person and she fixed the issue. (And the magic band+ Need to be charged with a usb cable, the item they don’t have in the room)

Day goes better from there. I am not use to driving a scooter, but got one this trip due to a ankle fracture. I cannot believe the number of people that do not pay attention to where they are walking. People stop staring at your phones.

I think I’m getting short tempered as everything takes longer with a broken bone. Even just running out to get USB plugs takes longer as I cannot go myself but need someone to accompany me.
Did you not bring a charging cube for your phone charger? If not, ask at the FD to see if they have one you can borrow. I NEVER travel without at least one cube and a spare charging cable. You never know what type of outlets you will find when traveling.

I had my cord. I think the adapter must have fell off while packing. I usually have the wall plug and multiple cords.

hope it turns around! There are no usb outlets and the outlets we had were so loose nothuing stayed plugged in. Hope they do the refurb right! Sorry your room isnt what you expected.
The room with the exception of no desk, no usb is fine. They came and fixed closet door first thing after I called. We always call in repairs, so they are fixed for the next guest. Also repairs left undone usually get further damage which costs owners more in the long run.

Hubby is disappointed that there is no longer a running path.

Incredible that Disney IT failures are so routine that they are just shrugged off. The ‘system’ should not randomly redo guest lists, but for whatever reason Disney’s systems have been doing this type of thing for years.
Pathetic that they cannot roll out a new product - MB+ w/out issues being commonplace, but their MO seems to be who needs beta testing - let’s go live & have people pay for the privilege of being our Guinea pigs, we’ll throw token guest recovery vouchers at those who don’t get what we promised them.
Of course it adds a frisson of excitement to visits to Disney - what will not work as promised, how long will I spend at the front desk to sort it out, or will I need to visit guest services & if so how long will the line be & how long will it take them to deliver what I paid for.
Sorry for the rough start OP, hope things improve going forward.
IT is definitely there downfall. Even if I had my wall plug I would not have 6 extra for the magic bands.

IT is definitely there downfall. Even if I had my wall plug I would not have 6 extra for the magic bands.
So you don't need the Magic Band+ to be charged for it to work for tickets/DAS/park entry. The only thing the charging is for is for the extras, like with the interactions with the statues. You also don't need a Magic Band+, a regular Magic Band still works for most things except the "extras".

The jogging path has been gone for a while, sadly. And it was closed to build a resort that they have stopped working on, which makes it extra sad it is gone.

And check the Mercentile in WL. They should have a USB plug in for phone charging...ask the front desk too.

I feel like I'm going crazy reading this thread but I don't think the internet needs more people complaining about relatively minor things, especially at the first slightest inconvenience. It's travel. Things happen. If the worst part of someone's vacation is they had to go into the parks to get their MagicBands or the height of their shower seat was slightly lower than they'd prefer, I'd consider that a pretty good vacation. Definitely not worth going onto a forum and creating a new thread solely to complain but maybe that's just me.

I feel like I'm going crazy reading this thread but I don't think the internet needs more people complaining about relatively minor things, especially at the first slightest inconvenience. It's travel. Things happen. If the worst part of someone's vacation is they had to go into the parks to get their MagicBands or the height of their shower seat was slightly lower than they'd prefer, I'd consider that a pretty good vacation. Definitely not worth going onto a forum and creating a new thread solely to complain but maybe that's just me.
The irony of this made me breath heavily from my nose for a few seconds.

I am not use to driving a scooter, but got one this trip due to a ankle fracture. I cannot believe the number of people that do not pay attention to where they are walking. People stop staring at your phones.
You can thank Genie+ for some of the phone staring but not all by any means. <gggrrrr>

Even before smartphones were common, people walking across in front of an ECV as though it could stop or swerve as rapidly as a person walking can were a hazard. As were those suddenly stopping to look at a map, ask a person they're with something, gaze at their surroundings--whatever.

Not just kids, which is understandable. Adults can do this just as much--and get angry when the ECV nearly hits them.

It's exhausting, which is why DH usually has an afternoon nap after we've been in a park in the morning.

One good thing is you can mark off Bounder Ridge from you list.
Try other resorts till you find the few that meet your demands. Plenty of resorts to try.
You can be like goldilocks.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter