• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disappointed - POFQ Pool Closure

One of the best reasons to use a Disney specialty travel agent (not AAA, I mean a Disney only TA) is that they keep up with these things in advance and can warn you.

Sometimes Disney doesn't announce pool closings until just a month or two in advance, but I can gaurantee you that at some point in January - February (usually January), about half the pools on property will be closed for at least a week.

Mardi - call the general manager directly at POR RIverside (not CRO) and tell him/her your situation and ask them to try to find you space at Riverside. The GM has some say in this stuff. Maybe they could get your reservation number and change your ressie once they get a cancellation for that week.

It's worth a try.. I hope it works out

AmysHubby said:
AND I'm annoyed that the closure was not announced until 5 or 6 weeks out, making it seem very likely that the info was held so people would be more likely to book at the resort not knowing the pool will be closed
No. Actually, it's very likely that the decision to close the POFQ pool for rehab was made five or six weeks ago, and was announced in a timely manner.

abner said:
WDW needs to notify the reservation agents no less than 6 months prior to a scheduled pool closures.
Which they can't, if the decision to close a pool is made less than six months in advance.

GinnyFavers said:
Sometimes Disney doesn't announce pool closings until just a month or two in advance,
Sometimes less. Was it 2006, or 2005, that the main pool at All Star Movies closed suddenly for structural issues, and ended up remaining closed a LOT longer than Disney first intended?

I would so be disapointed. I think disney should give people more notice about pool closing. Yes, its true they will have more pool cllosing in the winter months, but they should give more advance notice when they are able. I would tend to agree that Disney does hold this information in some cases as not to lose hotel bookings.

I would so be disapointed. I think disney should give people more notice about pool closing. Yes, its true they will have more pool cllosing in the winter months, but they should give more advance notice when they are able. I would tend to agree that Disney does hold this information in some cases as not to lose hotel bookings.
It's true. That's awful to find out after you do all the planning.

........ The pool closure is salt. Make margaritas.

just save some for the rest of us, ok? ;)

agree with the philosophy (tho i see a bit of fear in my kids's eyes when i say "it's an ADVENTURE!!" :lmao: they know that means "something" went awry, & we're going to make it even better than before :thumbsup2 )

You still will be able to use the pool at POR. Not sure how long the walk is though.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter