• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disappointed in the WDW Announcement.

I am going to say it again. The castle isn't ruined. The pics will be shown during a NIGHTTIME SHOW (ala Wishes) each night. Those shows last, what? FIFTEEN minutes?

To say the castle will be ruined for other people's photo opportunities or the joys of staring at it is ridiculous at best.

:thumbsup2

I am going to say it again. The castle isn't ruined. The pics will be shown during a NIGHTTIME SHOW (ala Wishes) each night. Those shows last, what? FIFTEEN minutes?

To say the castle will be ruined for other people's photo opportunities or the joys of staring at it is ridiculous at best.

Now that castle-cake? THAT was ruining the castle.

In some people's opinion, it does ruin the castle. Yours is that it doesn't. Both sides of this argument are neither right nor wrong.

In some people's opinion, it does ruin the castle. Yours is that it doesn't. Both sides of this argument are neither right nor wrong.

But that is like saying a 15 min thunderstorm has ruined an ENTIRE otherwise beautiful day! Yes of course all people are entitled to their own opinion, but that kind of logic just does not make sense!

It's just so dramatically overstated.:sad2:

Its fine as long as they don't over do it. I'm sure they will limit the time and frequency. I have no interest in seeing it at all but I can be on the rides or something. :)

Now the tinkerbell and other Disney animations on the test video have definite potential in my opinion. :thumbsup2

Here, here is how it begins:

"Dear *insert name of Kat's ex husband here*" :

HELLO Disney I've been divorced for several years and gone on two trips without him :rotfl2: Apparently Disney's ideas of memories and mine are not the same :confused3 LOL
I completely understand Disney is evidentally the only place on the planet that doesn't recognize a divorce or split. My ex (not even married to him) is STILL on my Disney account and we have been split for 3-4 years now. I even tried 'killing him off', after months of begging to have him removed one CM told me only if they die so I called back in and kinda fibbed a little, doesn't matter he is still there. I would like at least to see the "mr" changed to "ghost", but oh well. I'm married with a new name and still get stuff w/ his/our name on it.Those are not the memories I like to relive but Disney can't seem to let it go, everyone else has but they like to torture me.

But that is like saying a 15 min thunderstorm has ruined an ENTIRE otherwise beautiful day! Yes of course all people are entitled to their own opinion, but that kind of logic just does not make sense!

It's just so dramatically overstated.:sad2:

It doesn't matter what it's like. People have their feelings about this. Their feelings are neither right nor wrong.

It doesn't matter what it's like. People have their feelings about this. Their feelings are neither right nor wrong.

You're right, some peoples feelings aren't right or wrong, just unreasonable.;):flower3:

I don't know ALL the facts available, but I've not seen any definite plans for how/when they plan to use the pictures. I think that Disney could possibly calm some of the rage if they just announce how/when/how long they will project these images. If it is going to be a short presentation, not interfere with Wishes and then we get a picture free castle the rest of the night... no biggie.

Yes- if they ran MSEP, then Wishes, then did this castle business after all that- that would be fine. Or before all that, then it reverts to normal. Then you could go look at the castle show if you wanted to, or keep riding SM. But if it's an all night affair.... ugh.

I completely understand Disney is evidentally the only place on the planet that doesn't recognize a divorce or split. My ex (not even married to him) is STILL on my Disney account and we have been split for 3-4 years now. I even tried 'killing him off', after months of begging to have him removed one CM told me only if they die so I called back in and kinda fibbed a little, doesn't matter he is still there. I would like at least to see the "mr" changed to "ghost", but oh well. I'm married with a new name and still get stuff w/ his/our name on it.Those are not the memories I like to relive but Disney can't seem to let it go, everyone else has but they like to torture me.

LOL he's 'dead' and you still get emails? OH Disney! That sounds super annoying but its nice to know its not just me. This is the first time they sent anything to my ex, and then they want me to go making memories with him LOL uhh.....no :)

If I may be so bold...How exactly is the castle "RUINED"? Considering the castle is restored to it's usual glory after each show, the notion that it was ruined is UNREASONABLE an opinion.

ruin
- 4 dictionary results
ru·in
   /ˈruɪn/ Show Spelled[roo-in] Show IPA
–noun
1.ruins, the remains of a building, city, etc., that has been destroyed or that is in disrepair or a state of decay: We visited the ruins of ancient Greece.

2.a destroyed or decayed building, town, etc.

3.a fallen, wrecked, or decayed condition: The building fell to ruin.

4.the downfall, decay, or destruction of anything.

5.the complete loss of health, means, position, hope, or the like.

6.something that causes a downfall or destruction; blight: Alcohol was his ruin.

7.the downfall of a person; undoing: the ruin of Oedipus.

8.a person as the wreck of his or her former self; ravaged individual.

9.the act of causing destruction or a downfall.

If I may be so bold...How exactly is the castle "RUINED"? Considering the castle is restored to it's usual glory after each show, the notion that it was ruined is UNREASONABLE an opinion.

ruin
- 4 dictionary results
ru·in
   /ˈruɪn/ Show Spelled[roo-in] Show IPA
–noun
1.ruins, the remains of a building, city, etc., that has been destroyed or that is in disrepair or a state of decay: We visited the ruins of ancient Greece.

2.a destroyed or decayed building, town, etc.

3.a fallen, wrecked, or decayed condition: The building fell to ruin.

4.the downfall, decay, or destruction of anything.

5.the complete loss of health, means, position, hope, or the like.

6.something that causes a downfall or destruction; blight: Alcohol was his ruin.

7.the downfall of a person; undoing: the ruin of Oedipus.

8.a person as the wreck of his or her former self; ravaged individual.

9.the act of causing destruction or a downfall.

If you want to be so literal about it then I think what they might be trying to say is that it ruins their castle experience. If it does then it does. That's up to them to decide and nobody else.

If you want to be so literal about it then I think what they might be trying to say is that it ruins their castle experience. If it does then it does. That's up to them to decide and nobody else.

True that. Anyone who allows a 15 minute show to ruin their whole MK experience has no one to blame but themselves.

Disney, give us magic. Give us unparalled customer service(you rock here).
Give us unique merchandise in your parks.(This aspect is going downhill very fast for them). Don't give us lousy promotions like Hey, everybody gets a button and we tell our employees to read the buttons back to them 1000 times. That isnt Disney quality customer service. I got SOOOOO sick of hearing happy birthday "insert name here" at every ride or restaurant and they were thinking that giving us disney magic on my last trip. WOW... Now its a year of a million photos.....Hey, I may get to see my picture on the castle and its giving the public Disney magic. Its not "disney quality" that we have become used to.
You made a wonderful brand, you got us......now just stop with all the cheap promotions...it sours us a lil bit.
Now with that all said, what am I gonna do???? Duh, go to disney world and LOVE every second of it. Its Disney!!!! Ill just spend a lil less and hope Disney returns to the subtle, magical place it is. No cheap promotions!!

Darby

Disney, give us magic. Give us unparalled customer service(you rock here).
Give us unique merchandise in your parks.(This aspect is going downhill very fast for them). Don't give us lousy promotions like Hey, everybody gets a button and we tell our employees to read the buttons back to them 1000 times. That isnt Disney quality customer service. I got SOOOOO sick of hearing happy birthday "insert name here" at every ride or restaurant and they were thinking that giving us disney magic on my last trip. WOW... Now its a year of a million photos.....Hey, I may get to see my picture on the castle and its giving the public Disney magic. Its not "disney quality" that we have become used to.
You made a wonderful brand, you got us......now just stop with all the cheap promotions...it sours us a lil bit.
Now with that all said, what am I gonna do???? Duh, go to disney world and LOVE every second of it. Its Disney!!!! Ill just spend a lil less and hope Disney returns to the subtle, magical place it is. No cheap promotions!!

Darby

May I ask how many times you have visited WDW?

After a day of thinking about things I had a thought as to why so many people dislike this idea. Disney is not GIVING AWAY ANYTHING. Think about it: Year of a Million Dreams-freebies galore for visitors; What Will You Celebrate- free day on b-day; Give a Day get a day- free day with service project. And now nothing. I think if some people really examine their hatred for this new promotion they will find this is the reason for their dismay.

True that. Anyone who allows a 15 minute show to ruin their whole MK experience has no one to blame but themselves.

Personally I agree, but I don't think very many will let it affect their whole experience. Once the strong feelings and disappointment dies down I'm guessing most folks won't let it affect their decisions to go or not to go one way or the other. :)

Any time you talk about even temporary or brief changes to icons like Cindy's Castle there won't be very many shades of gray to start with.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter