Disappointed in seven dwarfs mine ride!

B) The bottom line is Disney is violating peoples personal freedoms and liberty with Magic Bands. The government should intervene and protect us from this because that is what government is suppose to do as stated in the Constitution.

Though it would surprise many in the present era who seem to believe the constitution is a magical character that says anything they want it to, it is in fact an actual document with actual words inside.

It would take quite a Big Government to intervene against magic bands.

A) I never once stated Disney as a Government entity. I think your confused.

B) The bottom line is Disney is violating peoples personal freedoms and liberty with Magic Bands. The government should intervene and protect us from this because that is what government is suppose to do as stated in the Constitution. Now will they do this, of course not. Big Government sells its power to the highest bidders and Disney is one of their biggest customers.

Disney is a private institution. Just don't go. If they were strapping permanent magic bands on all of us without buying a ticket- then they'd be violating our liberty. But by buying a ticket you've entered a contract with Disney.

The government has no reason to step in and do anything with magic bands.

Though it would surprise many in the present era who seem to believe the constitution is a magical character that says anything they want it to, it is in fact an actual document with actual words inside.

It would take quite a Big Government to intervene against magic bands.

The limited government as stated in the Constitution is here to protect our liberty, property and life and nothing more then that.. Protecting ones liberty is not a sign of Big Government. Disney is a private company,but that does not entitle them to take away my personal freedoms with Magic Bands. If we had a real government that our founding fathers wanted, Disney would never be allowed to do this because they are breaching one of the 3 things that Government is suppose to protect us with as stated in the constitution.

Disney is a private company,but that does not entitle them to take away my personal freedoms with Magic Bands.

Which personal freedom(s) EXACTLY is Disney taking away from you by using Magic Bands? No rhetoric please--just an actual, specific answer.

The MB in no way takes away your life, doesn't restrict your liberties, and certainly doesn't impact your pursuit of happiness.

Bob Roberts said:
The limited government as stated in the Constitution is here to protect our liberty, property and life and nothing more then that.. Protecting ones liberty is not a sign of Big Government. Disney is a private company,but that does not entitle them to take away my personal freedoms with Magic Bands. If we had a real government that our founding fathers wanted, Disney would never be allowed to do this because they are breaching one of the 3 things that Government is suppose to protect us with as stated in the constitution.

They are not taking away your personal freedoms. They are not.kidnapping you,.forcing you to go to Disney, and forcing you to wear MBs. If you *choose* to go to Disney, you can still opt out of Magic Bands if you really want to, and *choose* the card instead. You have choices and choices are the essence of personal freedom.

I think the slaves and native americans from the beginning of the foundation of our nation and constitution would not agree with your assessment. You have quite a selective application of freedoms and the Constitution.

Again, Disney is not forcing you to do anything. One does not have to use a Magic Band. And even if one chooses to use one, their constitutional rights are far from being violated.

It's not the government, it's a private business and doesn't do squat unless you consent by buying a ticket.

This just isn't that hard.

I have always thought that the Seven Dwarves Mine Train would be like a combination of The Barnstormer and Big Thunder Mountain Railroad. And guess what, it is! I don't know why people thought it would be some grand, elaborate thing. It's exactly what it should be. Also, Disney will be laughing at Universal when they tear down everything to replace it with more Harry Potter.

I was expecting lots of character/animatronics and there was only 1 scene at the very end. It won't please roller coaster fanatics and is too scary and not interesting for children. After all the hype what happened? Staff at universal were laughing about it!

Just reminding you all what it was...;)

(Thanks sabresman31 for bringing it back around.)

The Government as stated in the Constitution is to protect my Life, my liberty, and my property. What Disney is doing is breach of my liberty so the government should intervene and end Magic Bands. Now they never will because the Government is paid off by big Corps like Disney to work for them and not work for the people anymore.

Whew....This is good humor. It's been a long day, so thanks for the laugh...Wait, you are not being serious are you?

You are not actually advocating that the government protect you from an agreement that you entered into of your own free will (assuming sound mind and body) and of which violates no local, state or federal law? If so, you don't quite understand the constitution. However, you might be able to argue the sound mind piece of that. Kidding. I guess everyone is entitled to their opinion.

I'm not a fan of the band tracking either but that is just my personal opinion and nothing to do with law. As long as I enter Disney's private property then they can do such things. If I HAD to go to WDW for some reason (wouldn't I like that? ;) ) then it might be questionable but even that would be stretching it in this case.

I am thrilled to pieces with this news :cool1: I cannot stand thrill rides the drop, the 3D, etc makes me extremely ill so this is something that I will get to experience with my family - thank you Disney :goodvibes:goodvibes:goodvibes

Universal can laugh all they like my dollars will stay with the family friendly attractions that don't make me sick at Disney ;)

I have always thought that the Seven Dwarves Mine Train would be like a combination of The Barnstormer and Big Thunder Mountain Railroad. And guess what, it is! I don't know why people thought it would be some grand, elaborate thing. It's exactly what it should be. Also, Disney will be laughing at Universal when they tear down everything to replace it with more Harry Potter.

No they won't. Personally I can't wait until Universal tears down that stupid Fear Factor Live area and utilizes it. Ministry of Magic seems like a pretty good replacement. But then they can chill on Potter and utilize that huge hunk of land over next to Men In Black. Definitely room for a "land" in that area. I imagine it would probably end up being something pretty cool and relevant.
unitpot_zps543103e7.png

I guess Disney would be laughing all the way to the bank if Universal landed LOTR and made a 3rd gate across the street where they bought up all that land.

But to stay on topic...the SDMT ended up exactly like I thought...some like and some don't.

A) I never once stated Disney as a Government entity. I think your confused.

B) The bottom line is Disney is violating peoples personal freedoms and liberty with Magic Bands. The government should intervene and protect us from this because that is what government is suppose to do as stated in the Constitution. Now will they do this, of course not. Big Government sells its power to the highest bidders and Disney is one of their biggest customers.

Umm. You're the one who said that a private company is impacting your constitutional rights one their property when you have willingly entered into an agreement to terms of use and behavior. I think you are really getting the cart and the horse mixed up.

Done with this

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter