• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disappointed in OKW room assignment.

They did a great job of finding us another room that was still near the Hospitality House which I really appreciated. And the Bell Services staff were excellent at getting us moved as soon as we had packed up and were ready to go.

Glad to hear that you had a room you liked and good service at OKW. We'll be staying there shortly, and after reading some other threads, the views seem to be up and down about the hospitality at the resort.

In my email I suggested that they should have left a message on our room phone. Once we had realized that the room had not be broken into, we figured out that *something* had happened but we didn't know what. The first thing I did was check the message light on the room phone to see if some message had been left about what had happened. As it was, NO message was actually left with any of us, anywhere (either on our cell phones OR our home phone) about what happened that night, despite what the front desk manager said. Even a note left inside the room would have been helpful.

Fortunately we had a room near the Hospitality House and there were three of us traveling so two of us walked down to the front desk to figure out what was happening while the other stayed behind to keep checking that everything seemed to still be in the room.

That would be a good idea, about message in room. I do know I have sent messages to cell phones and they get lost somewhere in between so the room phone would probably be the most likely to get there.

We were disappointed with our room assignment back in June, when we took a group of HS graduates for our sons graduation trip. We had a two bedroom and a studio and they were no where near each other.
Checked in on a Sunday around noon.
When I asked if any other rooms were available, the solution was to move them even further apart.
I was disappointed because during a number of calls to MS leading up to the trip, it was always noted that the parties were traveling together, to be placed near each other.

Also disappointing is that the names listed for the rooms was completely screwed up. They had people listed who weren't traveling with us on this trip, but had traveled with us on previous trips. Names on our parking passes were wrong, and they couldn't change them. Names on our room keys were wrong......and they couldn't change them. But somehow the names for the dining plan were right? It was a mess and we were just baffled.
The confirmations that were emailed to us were correct, so I couldn't understand how it could be so messed up at check in.

Having our rooms so far apart just added an extra layer of stress. As if herding teenagers about wasn't hard enough.

It was the most screwy DVC moment we have encountered since joining in 2002.

I booked 3 studios for our group of 9. I phoned several times to ask that we be placed somewhat close together.

We could not have been further apart if they tried to do it on purpose.

While I understand that they cannot guarantee 3 rooms close together I really have a hard time believing that not even 2 groups could have been close. Little hard to have a family vacation when we were so far apart.
While DVC in general doesn't put much efforts into room assignments, they normally do pretty well in this area. Given your description I'm assume you had one on Millers Rd, one on old Turtle Pond Road and one on South Point Road. This does illustrate the inherent risks of reserving rooms and trying to get them together. I'd also suspect that your arrival time had something to do with you lack of success, esp if they were mostly doing the room ready assignments as others arrived. A 2 BR plus a studio would have helped some, not only in reducing the number of rooms in question but it's also easier for DVC to get those together than 3 studios.

When you booked the studios did you have Member Services link them together?
When I checked into OKW in June the CM told me they no longer link! We had a GV, a 2br and a studio in Timbucktoo! The CM made several calls and moved it as close to the GV as she could, GV in #43 or 42 (?) and the studio ended up in 32 rather than 19. Of course it's hard to get a consistant answer on any issue from the CM's so I don't know if it's true.

We were disappointed with our room assignment back in June, when we took a group of HS graduates for our sons graduation trip. We had a two bedroom and a studio and they were no where near each other.
Checked in on a Sunday around noon.
When I asked if any other rooms were available, the solution was to move them even further apart.
I was disappointed because during a number of calls to MS leading up to the trip, it was always noted that the parties were traveling together, to be placed near each other.

Also disappointing is that the names listed for the rooms was completely screwed up. They had people listed who weren't traveling with us on this trip, but had traveled with us on previous trips. Names on our parking passes were wrong, and they couldn't change them. Names on our room keys were wrong......and they couldn't change them. But somehow the names for the dining plan were right? It was a mess and we were just baffled.
The confirmations that were emailed to us were correct, so I couldn't understand how it could be so messed up at check in.

Having our rooms so far apart just added an extra layer of stress. As if herding teenagers about wasn't hard enough.

It was the most screwy DVC moment we have encountered since joining in 2002.

We used our points for a 2BR and a studio for this Dec and the rooms are supposed to be linked. We also added an additional day at the beginning of our trip. And we got the Magical Express. They have it all kinds of messed up. They have the studio on 1 confirm. # and the 2 BR is on 2 different confirm. #s (5 days on 1 # and the additional day on another#). They have names listed a couple times with wrong ages and some names not listed at all. When I called to double check it all...I found that they didn't have my 3 kids set up for the magical express, but supposedly they fixed that. They claim that there needs to be the 2 confirm. # because we added on a day, yet the studio only has 1...I am worried that we'll need to check out of the 2 BR after 1 night. That won't be fun. And I hope that the studio and 2BR are near each other...I booked HH location, so at least they will both be in the same general location, no?

They had all of our names messed up also. They could not find one of my 3 reservations and as it turned out they had it listed under my dd's boyfriends last name. He has never been to Disney before.:confused3

The CM checking us in also said that if someone had not checked in yet he would be able to move us. Turns out everyone had checked in but begs the question of why 3 rooms were not blocked off together before everyone checked in.

They had all of our names messed up also. They could not find one of my 3 reservations and as it turned out they had it listed under my dd's boyfriends last name. He has never been to Disney before.:confused3

The CM checking us in also said that if someone had not checked in yet he would be able to move us. Turns out everyone had checked in but begs the question of why 3 rooms were not blocked off together before everyone checked in.
Am I understanding that others in your party checked into the rooms before you? If so and they did not say anything about all the rooms together, the front desk may not have known (even if it was requested).

No I checked all of us into the 3 studios I had booked.
Thanks, this is one of the risks of checking in later for such a situation, esp with the room ready unit assignment system.

I know this thread is a few wks old but I thought I'd let anybody who wanted to know how the fire started,how it did actually start it was I believe started by the cooker being left on! I only know this as I read alot on the UK site,being from the Uk and a member wrote on there as part of their live updates at this time that they had come back to the room with their little twin girls late at night to find that their stuff had been moved their was a fire truck etc outside and that it was their room! How scary...they said they had not even used the cooker yet as it happened on the 1st full day there, and so was shocked when told that was the start point! So not sure if one of the little ones knocked it on or a maid did whilst cleaning, how awful to come back to that after such a loverly day & night.:( alot of the kiddies teddys and clothes was smoke ruined.so pleased that nobody had gotten hurt.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter