Disappointed in EXTRA MAGIC HOURS

tgeorge0207

tgeorge
We just got back from Disney on Oct 5th and I am disappointed for the first time ever. We always stay at the resorts to be able to us the EXTRA MAGIC EVENING HOURS!!! With that being said we went to Magic Kingdom my kids and my favorite park. My little DD was excited to ride Splash Mountain only to learn when we get there they close it and Safari ride during EXTRA MAGIC hours. WHAT :confused3:confused3:confused3:confused3 So we decided to go back the next day when we left to try and get on it and now its closed due to problems.....but they are letting fast pass people on!!!:confused3:confused3 needless to say I took home a very upset 5 year old!

How can you close down a ride like that for magic hours!!

Wow, good to know. I guess we should ride the 'must do' rides before extra magic hours kick in.

Wow, good to know. I guess we should ride the 'must do' rides before extra magic hours kick in.

The only two rides we encountered closed at Magic Kingdom was Splash Mountain and the Safari ride...... everything else was opened. It would have been nice to know this before hand but glad it will help someone else out!

Wow, that's crazy. We spent EMH in MK on Easter Sunday and it was great. Sure, we stayed til 3 am and the park was a ghost town but the kids got to ride SM twice. That is one ride that just has such a long line all day.
Oh well, I guess that's going to have to be FP must. :(

The only two rides we encountered closed at Magic Kingdom was Splash Mountain and the Safari ride...... everything else was opened. It would have been nice to know this before hand but glad it will help someone else out!

There is no safari ride at Magic Kingdom.

We just got back from Disney on Oct 5th and I am disappointed for the first time ever. We always stay at the resorts to be able to us the EXTRA MAGIC EVENING HOURS!!! With that being said we went to Magic Kingdom my kids and my favorite park. My little DD was excited to ride Splash Mountain only to learn when we get there they close it and Safari ride during EXTRA MAGIC hours. WHAT :confused3:confused3:confused3:confused3 So we decided to go back the next day when we left to try and get on it and now its closed due to problems.....but they are letting fast pass people on!!!:confused3:confused3 needless to say I took home a very upset 5 year old!

How can you close down a ride like that for magic hours!!
I'm sorry that your little girl was disappointed. No one likes unexpected ride closures. But a little research ahead of time would have alerted you to the EMH changes at MK. Here's a quote from Allears.net
Beginning the week of August 26, 2012, changes are coming to the Extra Magic Hour evenings at Magic Kingdom. First, Splash Mountain will no longer be part of the evening Extra Magic Hours. The Enchanted Tiki Room will be added in its place. Also, once the Country Bears are back from rehab, they will also be part of evening Extra Magic Hours.
You can also find the information on Disney's website for what attractions are open during EMH and which ones are closed.

Here's a link to the EMH page on Allears.
http://allears.net/tp/emhour.htm
And here's a link to scheduled closures and rehabs:
http://allears.net/tp/rehabs.htm
I hope it helps anyone else to prepare their kids for what may not be open when they are visiting the parks.

Yes, when we were there in Sept they had signs saying that the Jungle Cruise and Splash Mountain would not be open for Extra Magic Evening Hours.

Doesn't Jungle Cruise normally close early? I could of sworn it closes once night sets in cause its a ride better enjoyed in the daytime when you can see everything. :confused3

Doesn't Jungle Cruise normally close early? I could of sworn it closes once night sets in cause its a ride better enjoyed in the daytime when you can see everything. :confused3

No. We were on it once during Wishes. It was desserted & our boys got to "steer" the boat. :goodvibes

Yes, it's better by day when it's easy to see but there's enough light to see the main things throughout. It's more eerie at night.

No. We were on it once during Wishes. It was desserted & our boys got to "steer" the boat. :goodvibes

Yes, it's better by day when it's easy to see but there's enough light to see the main things throughout. It's more eerie at night.

That's cool! Eerie is the word that comes to mind when I think of riding that one at night. ;) I know for the Special Events which are in the evenings, it is usually one of the rides that is marked as closed.

This is dissapointing. DW and I always ride the jungle cruise during XM hours (at least we did). It is the best then!

I loved how they took Splash Mountain away but added Tiki Room instead. Because they're equally as popular and crowded, right? :confused3

Sounds to me like they are doing some much needed maintenance on Splash? It was down more than it was up when we were there in August. Parts were shut off even when the ride was running. They could be fixing up small sections at night.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter