• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disappointed in conditions at SSR

hmmerr02

Mouseketeer
Stayed for 8 nights in late June at SSR. Had requested Springs section studio but had very late check in. I dread late check in because I always feel like I get the left over room that no one wanted throughout the day....well, I think I did again:(. After we requested the Springs through Member Services we were kindly placed in Congress Park in a beat up room. The handles on the drawers in the armoire were hanging sideways (barely attached), the closet door screeched open/closed, the refrigerator had a red rust ring all over the bottom of the exterior of the door, and a piece of baseboard molding kept falling off onto the carpet near the fridge. I was very disappointed in the condition of the room. I stopped by the front desk to very kindly let them know that these things needed to be fixed in this studio. They assured me someone from maintenance would be by to fix the things on my list. No one showed to fix the stuff. By that night when I called they said they had some major issues throughout the resort and I totally understood.....nothing in our room was keeping us from being able to use our room.....just reminding me if how poorly DVC seems to be taking care of its properties. Anyhow....the next day STILL nothing was done. Then I got ticked off. They finally had someone come by and address some of the issues that evening. They never switched out the nasty, rusty fridge so we were left to stare at it for the rest of our vacation because I wasn't going to the front desk for a fourth visit over it. More than anything I was disaPpointed in how maintenance didn't seem to care. When they came to my room to take a look at my requests on the first day they told me "well, this resort is getting old". Seriously? Is that how you respond to a guest who would like some maintenance issues taken care of? I don't think so:(

Sad but this can happen at all of the resorts and we have experienced the same type of thing before.

At SSR, they actually have a Guest Show Manager who plays middleman between the resort and the guest.

I would contact member satisfaction with your issues.
dvcmembersatisfactionteam@disneyvacationclub.com

:earsboy: Bill

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter