Disappointed in Be Our Guest

Woodcourt

Mouseketeer
The restaurant is beautiful. It's just amazing. We loved that the beast came through. We waited 45 minutes to get our drinks and it wasn't til we had been there an hour that we got our bread. The servers and even manager were bussing tables so it looked understaffed. It was at least 20 minutes inbetween when we saw out server. We had such great hopes. Fortunately the kids were happy and patient. Dinner was ok. Nothing special. I had the shrimp/scallop in pastry and DH had the porkchop. Chef came to see us right away for kids allergies and took good care of them. We skipped dessert and decided to grab something back at Boardwalk bakery. Didn't want to sit there any longer :(

We won't go back soon...I so wanted to love this restaurant!!!

Tks the review. I have read some really mixed reviews but, despite that, I think we are still (hopefully, if we can get an ADR) gonna give it a try in November since it does look so beautiful. I actually almost don't care about the food or service, I just want to eat there.

I have been hearing a lot more bad reviews about dinner than lunch. I am looking forward to lunch in a couple weeks. Sorry your service was so bad.:sad2:

Thanks for the review. I have to admit that the moment I saw the menu I was underwhelmed. If my youngest DD wasn't so adamant about dining here for dinner, I would cancel our ressie. BUT we're going and will hope for the best

We had dinner there in December last year. I would have eaten there for lunch, but I secured a coveted ADR, and I was afraid that lunch would be too busy. Afterwards, I wished I hadn't used the TS credit and had eaten there at lunch instead.

I agree with the OP. The restaurant is beautiful, but everything else is lacking. It was awesome to see the restaurant and get a peak into the west wing (we were seated in the ballroom), and seeing the Beast was really cool.

We waited quite a while to get in for our ADR. It was very busy. The service here wasn't great. It was pretty slow. When my our meals came out, my husband's scallops were cold. He asked if they were supposed to be served cold (he was expecting warm). The server didn't know and returned it to the kitchen. We continued eating. The server did not reappear. When everyone had finished eating, his food was finally returned without apology. This was quite some time later. He ate some of it, and said it was pretty much the same as the first time. We had shared our food with him, so he wasn't too hungry. When a manager or someone was pausing at tables to ask how things were, my husband told her. She said something like, "but you got your food?" and sort of shrugged and moved on.

Also, like most Disney restaurants, it's about impossible to get a refill on your drink.

Finally, I wasn't too impressed with the desserts.

I would go back again for lunch as a CS credit, but not TS. Oh, just an FYI, it was too dark for any of my photos to come out well.

I'm sorry you didn't have a good time.

I was there on May 1st. I did have to wait 30 minutes past my ADR time but other than that, it was fantastic. I had a great server. Bread was brought to my table even before she had taken my drink order.
I did try 2 different glasses of wine through the meal and didn't like either so I'll have to try some other ones next time. I also had a glass of water and that was kept filled throughout the meal.

I had the steak and thought it was good. I liked the seasoning on it. The fries and green beans were just that - fries and green beans so I saved some room for dessert rather than eat much of those.
But I had the potato leek soup as an appetizer and was happy with that. And the strawberry cream cheese cupcake was so good.

My server surprised me when she brought me some of the grey stuff. I wasn't celebrating anything but we were chatting during the meal and she loved that I was taking a solo trip by myself for a break from the family so I think that's why she did that.
It really was delicious. :thumbsup2

I'll go back again - if I can ever get a reservation.

Our experience was much the same, we loved the look of the place, but sat outside for 30+ minutes past our ressie time. Service and food were totally underwhelming. their idea of french onion soup is a joke for anyone who has actually HAD good french onion soup. Their kids menu, to be blunt, sucks.
the best part of the meal was the strawberry cupcake at the end. . .there was six of us so we got all the types and shared bites, the passionfruit one was downright nasty.

BOG experience last night was horrible. Waited way too long after our reservation time ( 45 minutes) and when we finally got in the place had several empty tables.
The service was slow, the menu was not impressive and the food was horrible. Clearly they are more interested in feeding the masses than providing a quality experience.
I wouldn't waste my time in the future as there are much better restaurants.

This is what I am finding at more and more table service. We have been over thirty times and now I rarely make reservations anywhere. The meals we enjoy most are well chosen counter service. Little to no wait, good food and no hassle about waiting for a table and dealing with mediocre food and bad service. I actually find it quite liberating. No rush for us to try BOG. It will be there long after the furvor has died down.

We had a great experience last November, we didn't wait very long for our table, our server was great, our food was good and we also enjoyed the gray stuff....we would like to do lunch here to check out the rise room that wasnt open during dinner

which is the best area to request for BOG? I'm trying for a lunch ADR for November.

nevermind....found out that there are no ressies allowed for lunch, so unless I decide on doing dinner here, we won't be eating here. With all dining choices we don't stand around and wait.

OTOH we ate there in February and the place was packed solid so we did wait a half hour past ADR time. However service was flawless from start to finish..not the food..it was just good. But our server was knowledgable, friendly, and a credit to his profession. I was a server and he knocked it out of the park IMO with his knowledge of each dish and all the intricacies of the restaurant. Better than any Signature service I've had at Disney even.
So it's sounds like it's hit or miss.:confused3

W ate there last Tuesday for dinner - DH had the Cornish hen and asparagus. DS is in that frustrating age where he is a Disney "adult" who eats like a child. He ordered the steak withgreen beans off the kids menu and got a larger portion for a larger price. I orderd the salad and potato leek soup. [/LIST]DH also ordered the saład

The salads were awful - mixed greens that were very bitter (just not our liking) and very few other veggies. The dressing was also not to our taste.

DS loved his meal, my soup was very nice but not worth the cost and DH enjoyed his meal. We ordered a chocolate cream puff and à strawberry cupcake. The restaurant was gorgeous and our server was very nice.

That said - will not rerun for dinner without the dining plan. We had a dinner off property at Longhorn Steakhouse the next night for the same price and it was much higher quality, more interesting and something we wanted to repeat. It doesn't have the atmosphere but we found it interesting to compare the two.

Glad we went; won't rush back.

So sorry you didn't have a good experience. We have not done ressies for dinner but did eat lunch. We waited about 30 minutes and, IMHO, it was worth the wait...but I have been pining for BoG from the first time I heard about it. I had the Braised Pork and DH had the Steak Sandwich. The food was ok...nothing spectacular, but good. We will absolutely go back for lunch, but, from the sound of it, will hold off on dinner ressies until the service improves.

Ate there last night for dinner - very underwhelmed here also. Just the 2 of us. Check in was very confusing, and check in line was long. We actually only waited a couple of minutes after getting our pager, and were seated about 10 minutes before our ADR time. Server was fantastic and service was good. That being said ... place is VERY dark. We had a difficult time reading the menu. Table next to us was using their cell phone to see the menu. The shrimp and scallops in a lobster sauce over puff pastry sounded delish, but was kinda dry. Not what we expected. DH had the chocolate cupcake - said it was good, but kinda small. I had the chocolate cream puff - nothing special.
Bottom line: we won't be going back.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter