• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

DISApalooza 2015 Official Information Thread

It would be nice if admission was free to podcast with disapalooza identification.
That would be exceptionally nice but somehow I don't see the organizers springing for park admission for several hundred folks. :genie:

That would be exceptionally nice but somehow I don't see the organizers springing for park admission for several hundred folks. :genie:

I agree, while nice I won't expect it. We'll just have to wait until more information comes out and then crunch some numbers. Besides I'm not sure DD would put up with the DIS meet and a Podcast, we'll have to throw some Disney in there somewhere :)

The podcast sounds amazing! but we purchased our MVMCP tickets months ago. It doesn't sound doable, since the taping is probably going to be in the afternoon.

This weekend is going to be a very take it easy weekend in the midst of the hustle and bustle of the holiday season. I think we'll hang by the Cabana Bay pool in the morning and then head in for the podcast later in the day.

I would also prefer not to have add on universal tickets for the podcast taping. However, I'm sure whatever they do will be pretty cool so we probably will add the tickets on if they are discounted in some way.

I would also prefer not to have add on universal tickets for the podcast taping. However, I'm sure whatever they do will be pretty cool so we probably will add the tickets on if they are discounted in some way.
How on Earth would they be discounted?

How on Earth would they be discounted?
Many times there are group discounts or special event tickets. I know we've purchased group discount tickets for dance competitions we've attended. We also have something planned for the evening so for the amount of time we would spend at universal, $200 for both 2 of us wouldn't make sense.

We are probably doing the mvmcp that day but will change pending on what goes on. We would not even want to ride anything at universal, just sit in on the taping. Thats why i said earlier admission with disapalooza badges would be nice, cant see spending that much money to sit in on a taping when this is a budget trip unless all the money for that day goes to gktw. If thats the case i would pay for strangers to get in :)

If they should give tickets to all who "snagged" party tickets then I hope that the venue will be for more than the party was so that those who did not get tickets for the party will have an opportunity to join in on this.

I hope the podcast is late in the day... It's already 3 hours earlier in FL :/. After hours early would be best :)

Hey All!
Well... I think it's about time to introduce ourselves! My daughter and I (Kade and Kathy) signed up the FIRST DAY!! WOOHOO!
We've never done anything like this before...usually hit WDW, stay at GF (main building... helps with my stamina for the parks! :) ) and then head over to Universal for a few days. We LOVE the Hardrock for the close proximity, but have also stayed at Portofino...liked them both!
This year we waited a bit too long for availability and ended up at the Portofino... we're staying on the club level, there were no other rooms. I've got sooo many questions!! Yep, overly excited!!! :)
What are the club level amenities like at the Portofino? We are familiar with the GF and boy can they spoil you!
Is anyone else staying at the Portofino? We'd love to meet! We'll be there from the 4th to the 7th... i think ...
Also... I can only imagine what these parties can be like!!!! Do a lot of people take advantage of the smaller crowds and take time to sit and eat? Looking forward to the Leaky Cauldron!
I can't wait to see the newest shops, as well...we were there for a super sneaky "soft opening" beforehand! There seemed to be a few places not quite ready.
Whew! Take a breath, Kathy, breathe...everyone else is just as excited as you!!!
Hit me with your advice!!

Also... my daughter is 12 if you've got kids around her age and would like to meet for some activities!

I may have missed it, but will the Disboard organizers be offering transportation from the Disney resorts to Universal and back on the night of the party (for a charge or otherwise)? If so, when should we expect to depart and return?

I may have missed it, but will the Disboard organizers be offering transportation from the Disney resorts to Universal and back on the night of the party (for a charge or otherwise)? If so, when should we expect to depart and return?
I don't believe that information has been given yet. There's still time, 76 days :P. We'll hear something within that time frame. I'm hoping so........but you always have to have alternatives.....:D........right.

Doug :goofy:

I don't believe that information has been given yet. There's still time, 76 days :P. We'll hear something within that time frame. I'm hoping so........but you always have to have alternatives.....:D........right.

I can wait, I've just been off the grid for a while and wanted to make sure I hadn't missed a big announcement. Will keep checking back.

They have said they will offer transportation for an additional cost but have not announced anything since then, I believe they said they would give more details as the time gets closer

Hi Folks,

We have no additional info to share at this time.

Podcast recording details (where and when) are being investigated. We thought they were finalized and then they weren't.

i see in this thread and from various emails that some folks hope we do the recording early, as they want to catch afternoon flight and some hope that we do it in the afternoon. We will do the best we can.

We are also working on transportation details, but will not have an announcement of any decision for a while.

If you need definitive transportation plans immediately, I would suggest a town car reservation. This will give you the peace of mind that you know how you will be getting from place to place. Otherwise, you just have to be patient.

Thanks for the update. Personally I don't care when the podcast is as I planned to be at Universal for the day on Sunday anyway (shear luck on timing!) I just hope I am able to get a ticket to be there....

Just finished watching the podcast. I am selfishly happy to hear the podcast might be back at Disney! Can't wait to hear more details.

Just finished watching the podcast. I am selfishly happy to hear the podcast might be back at Disney! Can't wait to hear more details.
Just told my wife about the podcast move............she was so excited!!!! We both enjoy live podcasts and were a bit sad about not being able to attend the Disapalooza podcast..........but there's hope!!!:D

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter