DISApalooza 2015 Official Information Thread

Just bought tickets to MVMCP on the 6th, we're going to surprise DD with those.

Any idea how early we can get into Universal on the event day? We won't have tickets to the park but I'm hoping for more than the 3 hours to check other stuff out.

Historically, you have had to wait outside until the Event begins at 9:00 p.m. . . . unless you have regular tickets for the park. A Cast Member [can't remember what they call them at Universal] will come and take us back in groups.

Any idea how early we can get into Universal on the event day? We won't have tickets to the park but I'm hoping for more than the 3 hours to check other stuff out.

Historically, you have had to wait outside until the Event begins at 9:00 p.m. . . . unless you have regular tickets for the park. A Cast Member [can't remember what they call them at Universal] will come and take us back in groups.

Considering the park will likely close at 8:00 p.m., I wouldn't count on any early access to it. I wonder if they will make those of us with a park ticket leave and come back?

The park will be emptied of day guests prior to our event and all rides, shows and attractions will be closed.

We will walk back to Diagon Alley as a group.

Nothing else in the park will be open except our section for the private party.

I have a transportation questions -- will there be a sign up list for transportation from WDW to the event? I didn't indicate we would need transportation when I signed up for the event.

Keep watching this thread for information on transportation.

We will not start planning transportation until much closer. We need to complete sign-ups first.

Considering the park will likely close at 8:00 p.m., I wouldn't count on any early access to it. I wonder if they will make those of us with a park ticket leave and come back?

Yes - you will have to leave and enter separately with our group.

Must be getting very close to sell out. The banner ad for DISApalooza seems to have disappeared!

Officially planning on going with my wife barring any schedule conflicts. Looking forward to it!

So excited!!! We are going. I signed up after it opened but haven't posted on this thread yet. We are going down on Thursday and flying home on Monday with the 21 year old joining us Friday night late after class and exams and fly back early enough for exams on Monday.

WOW! I just learned about this on DisUnplugged. It falls during my Disney trip!!! :thanks:
I sent in my info. I haven't been to Universal in awhile, but wanted to see Diagon Alley. This is the PERFECT opportunity.
Thanks so much for arranging this offer. Finally I'll get to meet fellow DISers. :dogdance:

Bought tickets for MVMCP for Dec 4th. First time for that. SO excited. Also booked at Cabana Bay. Never stayed near Universal either.. A trip of MANY firsts. I sense a theme....:flower:

Bought tickets for MVMCP for Dec 4th. First time for that. SO excited. Also booked at Cabana Bay. Never stayed near Universal either.. A trip of MANY firsts. I sense a theme....:flower:

MVMCP is so much fun! You'll love it. I'm thinking about staying at Cabana Bay as well. Haven't decided yet though. Looks like a great place and the DIS team raves about it!

MVMCP is so much fun! You'll love it. I'm thinking about staying at Cabana Bay as well. Haven't decided yet though. Looks like a great place and the DIS team raves about it!
Is Cabana Bay one of the ones that give you early entry/front of the line at Universal?

Sayhello

Is Cabana Bay one of the ones that give you early entry/front of the line at Universal?

Sayhello
Cabana Bay gives you the one hour early park admission to Harry Potter but it doesn't give you the express passes for the rides like the other three resorts. Of course you can always buy the express passes if you want them.

I signed my sister and I up for this but still trying to figure out how to make the trip. I would love to go to MVMCP as well since I've never gone to that. I was already planning a Disneyland trip this year though...

Cabana Bay gives you the one hour early park admission to Harry Potter but it doesn't give you the express passes for the rides like the other three resorts. Of course you can always buy the express passes if you want them.

I signed my sister and I up for this but still trying to figure out how to make the trip. I would love to go to MVMCP as well since I've never gone to that. I was already planning a Disneyland trip this year though...
Thanks! It's mostly the early entry to Harry Potter that I'm interested in.

Sayhello

A hello to everyone (new here)! We're moving from New York to Fort Lauderdale in late 2016. I will most certainly be signing up for future events like this! To think, Harry Potter in a closed park...would have been a great way to see it for the first time - and we just finished building Lego Harry Potter Diagon Alley...and December 5th is my Birthday. How frustrating lol! Well, once we've relocated, I'll be hitting all parks year round and hope to get to know some of you.

Fun! I think I am going to do an ECPOT day and Candlelight Processional instead of MVMCP. I loved the christmas party and would do that if I hadn't already. Jealous of your DL trip! :)

Sayhello

Saw you got a response already. I don't plan on doing universal other than the DIS party. At least not planning on it right now. It's tempting though. The ability to buy an express pass kinda blows my mind. Ha.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter