DISApalooza 2013 - Official Information Thread

If I remembered correctly, a link for who's coming to DAP should show up in my signature.

I was at the first Toy Story Mania event and couldn't believe how cheap it was. It's well worth the $60! It was amazing!

My wife, Nicole, and I will be attending.

This will be out first trip to WDW without the kids.

Can't wait!

Todd

I'm bummed that tickets are so expensive...my husband and I were planning to be at HS that day anyway, so we were looking forward to paying $25 or so and staying for the Disapalooza event that night...but we don't want to pay $60 apiece to give us access to the park when we already will have access all day! It'd be nice if they could add a separate ticketing option for those of us who'll already be in the parks... :(

I think you need to remember that this is for a private event. With a bit of research, it could be discovered how expensive Disney events cost (think weddings, reunions, special parties like this, etc.) - thousands upon thousands! If I am remembering correctly, the cheapest wedding reception starts at $10,000 and that is for a small venue and some food. Reserving an entire "land" of a park, catering it, providing entertainment, and renting the park's most popular attraction is a much grander experience.

The park will be closed for our event so already being at DHS has no effect on the price. The party will be in the Pixar area with entertainment tailored for guests. This is not something that one can experience during a regular day in the park.

With this being said, I can understand that the cost might not be something that everyone is able to afford. If possible though, I'd recommend attending; I've attended all of the DAPs so far and have never been disappointed. John knows how to throw a party. ;)

I think you need to remember that this is for a private event. With a bit of research, it could be discovered how expensive Disney events cost (think weddings, reunions, special parties like this, etc.) - thousands upon thousands! If I am remembering correctly, the cheapest wedding reception starts at $10,000 and that is for a small venue and some food. Reserving an entire "land" of a park, catering it, providing entertainment, and renting the park's most popular attraction is a much grander experience.

The park will be closed for our event so already being at DHS has no effect on the price. The party will be in the Pixar area with entertainment tailored for guests. This is not something that one can experience during a regular day in the park.

With this being said, I can understand that the cost might not be something that everyone is able to afford. If possible though, I'd recommend attending; I've attended all of the DAPs so far and have never been disappointed. John knows how to throw a party. ;)

Speaking of parties, it's also Pete's birthday! :cake:

Seeing today's update with the food has me hungry! So excited!!!!

It all sounds great! Super excited to attend my first DIS event. Has anyone heard if they have special rates at the Dolphin for this event? I got a pretty good rate with AAA, but always looking for the best deal. :surfweb:

I know 60 dollars is alot of money. It is for me. But, I planned this trip with the hopes of this going on. I am bringing a newbie who has never been to Disney! This is my Christmas trip. I don't know if I will ever get back for a holiday trip. This event is like the icing on the cake. I am so excited to meet some of you. I have met Teresa and Tink one fall when we were at a meet. I am getting alot more for my 60 dollars here, then I am getting at the MVMCP.
Does everyone wear Christmas shirts, DisUnplugged shirts, or are we getting t-shirts (hint) :dance3:

I agree...I'm not at all interested in MVMCP...In my mind I can do most of that on a typically MK day if I plan correctly and with my night vision I wouldn't get much out of the parade that late, especially since it's designed as a daytime parade. (I know fireworks, etc...but not much of a draw for me)...But Toy Story, plan as I might we can never fit that in enough times any day.

We are really looking forward to this event! Sounds like it will be a blast and the cost is reasonable; indeed, bordering on a bargin, when you consider the food and everything else involved.

Will my 8 month old cost as a child under 12? This event is expensive. I never thought I would be the one to complaint about cost but with the price hikes and my kids getting older... I look forward to adult only trips.

Will my 8 month old cost as a child under 12? This event is expensive. I never thought I would be the one to complaint about cost but with the price hikes and my kids getting older... I look forward to adult only trips.

You are not the only one! I agree, we will not be doing this event. Over $200 for my family for a couple of hours, one ride and some food -- not happening. We will enjoy Epcot EMH instead.

I know it will be great and you guys will have a blast!

Yes - all children are the same price.

Disney is actually charging Dreams Unlimited Travel the same price for everyone, regardless of age.

We just couldn't, in good conscience, charge the same for children under 12 as we would for an adult. We decided to charge less for kids even though we would be losing money.

Regardless if someone is 8 months or 80 years old Disney is charging us the same amount.

Yes - all children are the same price.

Disney is actually charging Dreams Unlimited Travel the same price for everyone, regardless of age.

We just couldn't, in good conscience, charge the same for children under 12 as we would for an adult. We decided to charge less for kids even though we would be losing money.

Regardless if someone is 8 months or 80 years old Disney is charging us the same amount.

At first I was a bit surprised at the cost, but after some reflection I now see it as a bargain.

Can't wait...I was a little confused by the transportation question on the form. I answered "no" as we won't need transportation to/from the WDW resort....I took this to me to/from the whole resort...not from my specific resort....

I'm not thinking that I should have answered Yes as we will be staying at Pop and won't have a rental car.....

Can't wait...I was a little confused by the transportation question on the form. I answered "no" as we won't need transportation to/from the WDW resort....I took this to me to/from the whole resort...not from my specific resort....

I'm not thinking that I should have answered Yes as we will be staying at Pop and won't have a rental car.....

Similar here. Staying at AS Movies and won't have rental car.

Similar here. Staying at AS Movies and won't have rental car.

In years past, dis'ers who had a rental car and were driving to the event would offer a ride to others who were staying at the same resort. [driver/rider beware ;)] I did this in 2008 for a young lady and her mother. They were lovely people. :thumbsup2 Just make sure you feel a good connection with that individual. I'm sure we only have one or two axe murderers that are dis'ers. :eek:

But I also know the Team will work something out for those who need it; as best they can.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter