DISApalooza 2013 - Official Information Thread

Ray Sharpton at the Walt Disney World Swan Resort arriving Monday, December 2nd, and departing Friday, December 20th. :santa::woohoo:

I signed up but no confirmation yet. I sure hope I get one!!! We'll be there from 12/3-12/10 and this was our night off (AK day). I really hope it works out. TSM is my favorite ride!

just sent in our info today. Look forward to another great event by the podcast crew

Just received my confirmation! It will be me (Kristy) and my son, Dominic. We're staying at AKL-Kidani from 12/3-12/10.. my sister, dad & daughter will be along too but decided to just bring my son for this. He's going to flip!

I've been trying to find info from past events... food & drink is included? Unlimited rides? Anything else go on during it? Just trying to get a feel on what we're in for :)

This sounds like fun but I would like to know more about the party before I pay for the event. I realize the post with the info says more information will be coming, but is there anywhere I can see what the basics are? Thanks! :goodvibes

I'm bummed that tickets are so expensive...my husband and I were planning to be at HS that day anyway, so we were looking forward to paying $25 or so and staying for the Disapalooza event that night...but we don't want to pay $60 apiece to give us access to the park when we already will have access all day! It'd be nice if they could add a separate ticketing option for those of us who'll already be in the parks... :(

I'm bummed that tickets are so expensive...my husband and I were planning to be at HS that day anyway, so we were looking forward to paying $25 or so and staying for the Disapalooza event that night...but we don't want to pay $60 apiece to give us access to the park when we already will have access all day! It'd be nice if they could add a separate ticketing option for those of us who'll already be in the parks... :(

The park will already be closed by the time the party begins and it is a special private event. It does not matter if you have been in the park all day. The $60. charge most likely doesn't even cover the entire cost per person that the Team is paying for the Event.

The park will already be closed by the time the party begins and it is a special private event. It does not matter if you have been in the park all day. The $60. charge most likely doesn't even cover the entire cost per person that the Team is paying for the Event.

:thumbsup2 My sentiments exactly!

Party details in first post.

I am keeping some of the elements a surprise.

Just an FYI - the amount we're charging will cover the cost of the mandatory food component that is required by Disney for these types of events.

Dreams Unlimited Travel is paying to rent Pixar Place for the evening, rent out Toy Story Mania for the duration of the party and for the ballon artists and special appearance by Disney characters. Trust me when I tell you these elements are not cheap.

I understand that not everyone can afford to attend. I wish this was less expensive but Disney sets the price.

I think that most people who have attended our events in the past know that they are worth the price; especially since many of our 'regulars' have already signed up.

Thanks to all who take the leap of faith that this will be a fun, cool event!!!

I'm new to this so I have no past experience but considering prices of ALL things Disney, I think this sounds like a great deal. I'm really looking forward to getting some more details as they're released (and some surprises while we're there!) TSM is my favorite ride. This is going to be a blast!

"Rocket fuel" is out of this world. ;)

Some of the guys had a chance to experience this dessert at the last Press Event and I was envious - that's why I specifically added it to this event.

It's basically Kripsy Kreme donuts fried in liquor. There will be a chef making these right in front of us so there is an 'interactive' component to the dish as well.

I hope you all ride the ride so I can get first crack at these :rotfl2:

I was at the first DISapalooza event - which was the Toy Story Mania ride/Pixar Place - it was an awesome experience and I am more than happy to pay $60 for this event-a small amount for what this event involves-so glad I can go this year! Thank you Dis Unplugged - particularly John!

Just an FYI - the amount we're charging will cover the cost of the mandatory food component that is required by Disney for these types of events.

Dreams Unlimited Travel is paying to rent Pixar Place for the evening, rent out Toy Story Mania for the duration of the party and for the ballon artists and special appearance by Disney characters. Trust me when I tell you these elements are not cheap.

I understand that not everyone can afford to attend. I wish this was less expensive but Disney sets the price.

I think that most people who have attended our events in the past know that they are worth the price; especially since many of our 'regulars' have already signed up.

Thank you so so much to you and the team for organising this... It'll be out first Dis event and by the looks of it it won't be our last. It's going to be a great way to end our vacation!

John, Thanks so much to You, Dreams Unlimited Travel, and the DisUnplugged! Disney is definitely not cheap, but so worth it. I planned a Disney wedding years ago, so I know on a small scale what you are talking about. My DH and I are looking forward to the event and meeting you all in person! I know DISapalooza will be an amazing experience!!!!:goodvibes

Some of the guys had a chance to experience this dessert at the last Press Event and I was envious - that's why I specifically added it to this event.

It's basically Kripsy Kreme donuts fried in liquor. There will be a chef making these right in front of us so there is an 'interactive' component to the dish as well.

I hope you all ride the ride so I can get first crack at these :rotfl2:

This sounds absolutely AMAZING!!! :worship:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter