Disabled rooms @ Contemporary

darthtatty

Been There, Done That, Going Back!
Hi, ive spent ages looking for information on disabled rooms at the CR
cant find anything :sad2:
can anyone help please :angel:

id like to know the location and any pics if poss.
we'll prob be staying in a garden room

thanks in advance Nicky :thumbsup2

I've stayed in a w/c accessible garden room before at the Contemporary. They are huge with a huge bathroom as well- I'd say one of the largest rooms on property. You'll have two queen beds and a full size daybed. The room we stayed in was very close to the main bldg which was nice not to have a long hike.---Kathy

thanks for the reply :)
so i guess theyll be near the pool/entrance to the garden wing.
were they noisy at all?
mind you after the long days we were all so tired i bet we'll sleep easily :lmao:
we stayed in a 'normal' room last time 5144 i think?!
ive seen pics of other disabled rooms so ive got an idea what theyre like.

just got to wait to see if weve def got a w/c acessible room.
fingers crossed :cool1:

We are going 05/08 and staying in a w/c accessible room in the tower. I'd be happy to take pictures if you like. I know its not the garden wing , sorry.

We didn't hear any noise at all in our room- we were on the first floor right off the main bldg exit, so yes, you should be close to the pool area in a very convenient location. Truly the accessible room didn't look any different to us than a regular room as it was so large to start with that the extra bathroom space still left plenty of room elsewhere. Our view wasn't the best ( parking lot) but it was a two night stay so it wasn't a big deal. Please don't wait to find out if you have a w/c accessible room if you need one. That room type should be blocked for you when you make your ressie and thus, gtd.---Kathy

We didn't hear any noise at all in our room- we were on the first floor right off the main bldg exit, so yes, you should be close to the pool area in a very convenient location. Truly the accessible room didn't look any different to us than a regular room as it was so large to start with that the extra bathroom space still left plenty of room elsewhere. Our view wasn't the best ( parking lot) but it was a two night stay so it wasn't a big deal. Please don't wait to find out if you have a w/c accessible room if you need one. That room type should be blocked for you when you make your ressie and thus, gtd.---Kathy

thanks for info.
weve booked through virgin as we're from the UK, think they have to contact Disney and get room confirmed-supposed to hear within the next week, if not will chase it up :)

I have tried to get my pictures of the room uploaded but having problems, sorry!!!! Anyway, will give you a review on ours.

We were on the 10th floor Bay View. The room was perfect for accessibility. The bathroom was great, large and everything easily accessible. By the way, my husband is a parapeligic, to give you an idea.

Now the bad: :mad:
We were told it was two queen sized beds - not the case only fulls. So if that makes a difference to you, make sure you check. It was tough for us since my husband and I are both bed hogs and sleeping with the kids is not an option since they both hit and kick in their sleep. Then there were the bathroom and closet doors. They were sliding doors that did not slide well. My husband almost tipped his chair closing the bathroom door. Everytime he had to use the bathroom door one of us had to help him. Then the closet doors slide open into each other. So I felt like I was constantly fighting with those doors. Only one person could access the two closets and the fridge area at one time. AND it best not be the wheelchair userssince they could land up falling out of their chair fighting with those heavy doors.

Those were my only complaints which were really minor for my husband more of a issue for me who had to fight with the doors each day. :eek:

Otherwise, everything else was great. Very accessible and everyone was extremely helpful! My only piece of advice when traveling with a wheelchair at Disney is to make sure when you check in at your dinner ressies you remind them of the wheelchair. We avoided a lot of confusion and table swapping that way.

Feel free to ask any other questions since the trip is still fresh in my head!

hi, thanks for the info. :)

my son is the wheelchair user so he wouldnt be opening or closing the doors itd be us.
we eat out a lot in the UK so are used to asking for a wheelchair space, it sure saves a lot of time.
sorry to sound so thick but what are "fulls" ?

just one question to ask, is it as great as i remember? :rotfl2:

:goodvibes :goodvibes :goodvibes

We have 4 bed sizes (I think actually 6, but 4 main bed sizes). Twin (39" X 75"), Full (54" X 75"), queen ( 60" X 80"), King (76" X 80")

The 6 inches width and 5 in length between a full and queen can make a big difference to some.

i think we had 'full' last time we went, we certainly noticed as we're used to king sized. (full sounds like our double)
have to check, though im sure we'll survive.

hope you had a great time :)

Hi, ive spent ages looking for information on disabled rooms at the CR
cant find anything :sad2:
can anyone help please :angel:

id like to know the location and any pics if poss.
we'll prob be staying in a garden room

thanks in advance Nicky :thumbsup2

Nicky, the CR thread had a recent post with pictures of one MK view room (in the tower) that was accessible. It isn't garden wing but hopefully it will give you some idea of the layout.

http://www.disboards.com/showpost.php?p=25055319&postcount=770
and
http://www.disboards.com/showpost.php?p=25055345&postcount=771
and
http://www.disboards.com/showpost.php?p=25055365&postcount=772

:cool1:

thanks for the links JCB, have to show others pics later.
shame because i liked it when they did the toilets separated.
rooms look great redone :cool1:
oh i cant wait 359 days to go........

.................sons counting down on ther fridge with magnetic numbers :)

i think we had 'full' last time we went, we certainly noticed as we're used to king sized. (full sounds like our double)
have to check, though im sure we'll survive.

hope you had a great time :)
'full' is the same as 'double, so you are correct.

Also, thanks to jcb for the links to pictures.

Nicky- I just wanted to say...YES, it's as good as you remember and probably even better. From your sig I see you haven't visited since your honeymoon in 2004- it's always the most fun, IMO, to return with a new "little Mouseketeer" to share your joy. I know it seems like a long time but it won't be long til those magnetic numbers have counted down all the way!---Kathy

woohoo just found out we've got the disabled room with the roll in shower.
:cool1: :cool1:

got husband to call Virgin again as they said itd be 6 months before we find out!

just need to book the seats that we want next........then the ADR's :cool1:

Thanks for all of the great info in this thread. My MIL is going to be in a room like this during our upcoming stay. She will have a mobility scooter too. We rented her one because her everyday one doesn't have the battery power to make it through a day at WDW.

We are staying in the Garden Wing with a Standard View. While I would love to be in the Tower, we just can't justify the cost for a "pretty view".

Thanks to everyone who has contributed. I look forward to learning more stuff as it's posted. :)

sorry for the delay in posting the pictures :goodvibes
we stayed in room 5112, it was in the garden wing.
Room pictures :thumbsup2
019.jpg

020.jpg

021.jpg

024.jpg

025.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter