Disabled Accessibility Question. DL's Splash Mountain

MoonPrincess25

Earning My Ears
Hello There Everyone!

I heard a coulple days ago that Disney Land's Splash Mountain now has an assistive transfering device for disabled people. This is very happily new to me. Has anyone had a chance to see this device or know how it works at all?

I, myself, am disabled but there was a time before then that I could ride Splash Mountain. It was and still is my favorite ride and when I couldn't get on it anymore, my heart broke.

Understanding that all disabilities are different, there is a small possibility that this device might not work for my transfering abilities. However, if there is an even bigger chance of me being able to go on this ride after 20 years, I would take it in a heartbeat and I would love to learn any information at all. And let me quickly add a big Thank you to Disney for making their Parks more accessible over the years, I am sure you have made the lives of others as well as mine much brighter because of that!

One way or an other, Splash Mountain or no Splash Mountain. I will be happily returning to Disney Land in end of Summer /beginning of Fall as always with smile on my face for it truly is The Happiest Place on Earth :goodvibes

Hello There Everyone!

I heard a coulple days ago that Disney Land's Splash Mountain now has an assistive transfering device for disabled people. This is very happily new to me. Has anyone had a chance to see this device or know how it works at all?

I, myself, am disabled but there was a time before then that I could ride Splash Mountain. It was and still is my favorite ride and when I couldn't get on it anymore, my heart broke.

Understanding that all disabilities are different, there is a small possibility that this device might not work for my transfering abilities. However, if there is an even bigger chance of me being able to go on this ride after 20 years, I would take it in a heartbeat and I would love to learn any information at all. And let me quickly add a big Thank you to Disney for making their Parks more accessible over the years, I am sure you have made the lives of others as well as mine much brighter because of that!

One way or an other, Splash Mountain or no Splash Mountain. I will be happily returning to Disney Land in end of Summer /beginning of Fall as always with smile on my face for it truly is The Happiest Place on Earth :goodvibes

I wish I could help you, I don't really know too much about DisneyLand, but you might find information on the DIS disABILITIES! board.

I'm all for everyone having access to Splash Mountain! ;)

Thank you! I always try to be up to date on what's accessible and whats not! I litterally just heard about this a couple days ago! If I can't find my answer, I will gladly make my way to Splash Mountain and find out what's what when I am there ;)

Thank you! I always try to be up to date on what's accessible and whats not! I litterally just heard about this a couple days ago! If I can't find my answer, I will gladly make my way to Splash Mountain and find out what's what when I am there ;)

I bet the folks on the DIS disABILITIES! board would love any info you could give them if you find out something good. I'm gonna keep my fingers crossed for you!! :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter