• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disabled Access Questions

Cheshire Figment

<font color=red><marquee behavior=alternate>Friend
I am very used to WDW (I work there) and Anaheim DLR.

I have heard that in France there are different rules concerning assistance and/or access for disabled people. I will be going with a group April 10 - 16, 2012.

I normally do the Parks with my own personal ECV. I do not get a Guest Assistance Card as the majority of my problems relate to mobility and/or stamina. I will be bringing my ECV with me, rather than trying to rent one (medical equipment does not count against any baggage limitations.

What do I need to do, or what proof of disability do I have to bring with me?

I normally bring my blue badge and/or Disability Living Allowance letter. I always get the EAC (Easy Access Card) and have never had any problems with the staff.
I don't have a ECV but I either walk short distances with crutches or use a wheelchair.
I'm sure you will have a magical time.:wizard:

Taken from the official website

Documents required:

French residents:
disability card, war disability card, difficulty standing card, disabled person's priority card, European disabled parking badge, or a medical certificate issued less than 3 months ago certifying the person's disability and stating whether or not they need to be accompanied by a third party.

Residents of other countries:
European disabled parking badge or a medical certificate in French or English issued less than 3 months ago, signed and stamped by the doctor, certifying the person?s disability and stating whether or not they need to be accompanied by a third party.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter