Disability help?

tashastitch

Earning My Ears
Hey guys, I'm new here and visiting the Disneyland hotel in July. We are staying in the DLH for 4 nights and my sister has to take medication every evening, but the problem is it has to be refrigerated... Now will they clear the mini bar for us, add another fridge or will it have to stay in reception? Many thanks
:wave2:

Hi, and welcome :wave2:. I can't help you with how helpful the hotel will be but I do know that the mini-bar cannot be used in this way and in fact is not as cold as a proper fridge. Are you travelling by car? We have solved this problem by buying our own mini fridge which we bring with us and have used without problem in various Disney hotels. If you do consider buying one make sure it is one that can be left on all the time as believe it or not some are only intended for a few hours use at a time. If you would like to ask the hotel the email address for all queries is: dlp.guest.communication@disney.com

Hope this helps :goodvibes

Hi, and welcome :wave2:. I can't help you with how helpful the hotel will be but I do know that the mini-bar cannot be used in this way and in fact is not as cold as a proper fridge. Are you travelling by car? We have solved this problem by buying our own mini fridge which we bring with us and have used without problem in various Disney hotels. If you do consider buying one make sure it is one that can be left on all the time as believe it or not some are only intended for a few hours use at a time. If you would like to ask the hotel the email address for all queries is: dlp.guest.communication@disney.com

Hope this helps :goodvibes

Thanks for the info, but unfortunately were travelling by eurostar... Luckily it comes with travel packaging that lasts for 8 hours... :wave2:

Hi

We also have medicene for our son that has to be refridgerated and the Disneyland hotel has always cleared the mini bar out for us on request. think the termperature is about 10 degrees. Other wise maybe you could take a small cool bag with you and fill it each morning/evening with ice form the ice machine i n the hall?
Have a fab time
amanda

... the Disneyland hotel has always cleared the mini bar out for us on request.

That's worth knowing :thumbsup2 I knew you couldn't add to it but didn't realise they would empty it for you. We like our fridge for fresh milk as well as DS's medicines but perhaps needn't have had to buy one! We used to do the cool bag/ice thing but even refilling twice a day it wasn't reliably cold long enough.

To the OP, have fun planning!

We've stayed at the DLH twice in the last few years, my son has to take various refridgerated meds inc daily copper injections, they have a fridge at the luggage desk and all we do is put his meds in a small cool bag and they just put a tag on it with our details, each morning and evening we get his meds, do what needs to be done and take them back to the desk where they stick it back in a proper fridge.

We did consider the minibar thing but its not cold at all, I mean really not cold, more like room temp on both times we stayed, as our meds need to be below 5/6c a proper fridge is the only answer.

On the travel to Paris on the Eurostar, it's worth asking your local hospital or even the GP practise for some cool bags, once frozen they stay cool for most of the day and we just stick one in the cool bag with the meds and its always still very cold some 7/8 hours later.

Hope this helps.

We've stayed at the DLH twice in the last few years, my son has to take various refridgerated meds inc daily copper injections, they have a fridge at the luggage desk and all we do is put his meds in a small cool bag and they just put a tag on it with our details, each morning and evening we get his meds, do what needs to be done and take them back to the desk where they stick it back in a proper fridge.

We did consider the minibar thing but its not cold at all, I mean really not cold, more like room temp on both times we stayed, as our meds need to be below 5/6c a proper fridge is the only answer.

On the travel to Paris on the Eurostar, it's worth asking your local hospital or even the GP practise for some cool bags, once frozen they stay cool for most of the day and we just stick one in the cool bag with the meds and its always still very cold some 7/8 hours later.

Hope this helps.

Hi, thanks for the help. do you know if they have a freezer too?:wave2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter