• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

DIS writers - a place for us.

My book cover is being revealed tomorrow!!! I'm so excited!! If you want to see it, it will be the first post on my blog. (in sig.)

Blergh. Once again, I've missed so much in this thread.

For an agent.
Good luck! What kind of books do you write? Let us know how it goes!

It's out! My first picture book has been published. I just saw the illustrations today. It was very strange. The illustrations are nothing like I'd envisioned them while writing the book, but I like them! Now, I am looking forward to seeing the illustrations of my next book!

Congrats! I love the illustrations-- if those are the ones on your facebook! Very cool. I'm going to check out the book, too! Exciting!!!

My book cover is being revealed tomorrow!!! I'm so excited!! If you want to see it, it will be the first post on my blog. (in sig.)

Yay! Covers are the most exciting part of getting a book published, in my opinion!! I am going to keep checking until it's there.... :)

As for me, editors are being slooooooooow and wishy washy. Would one of them just say they want my book already??? I have one rewrite request from a publisher, one publisher who wants me to give a synopsis for a sequel, and one who wants to have a phone call with me. Eeeek. I bet none of these will pan out. Meanwhile, I'm freaking. Most of my day-to-day with my agent and editors is over email, and I'm cool with that. But by phone? Where they can hear my goofy voice? Eeeeeeek!

Blergh. Once again, I've missed so much in this thread.

Good luck! What kind of books do you write? Let us know how it goes!

Congrats! I love the illustrations-- if those are the ones on your facebook! Very cool. I'm going to check out the book, too! Exciting!!!

Yay! Covers are the most exciting part of getting a book published, in my opinion!! I am going to keep checking until it's there.... :)

As for me, editors are being slooooooooow and wishy washy. Would one of them just say they want my book already??? I have one rewrite request from a publisher, one publisher who wants me to give a synopsis for a sequel, and one who wants to have a phone call with me. Eeeek. I bet none of these will pan out. Meanwhile, I'm freaking. Most of my day-to-day with my agent and editors is over email, and I'm cool with that. But by phone? Where they can hear my goofy voice? Eeeeeeek!

Its up, its up!!! Wordpress hates me, I swear. It didn't post when it was supposed to.

thanks! I can't stop staring at it. lol Its so shiny and new. ha ha ha

So far got two really nice Blog reviews for my latest book.

If any of you know of any blog sites looking for books to review please let me know.

One of my book is free this thurday Oct 4th for Kindle Select Memebers.
The name is Three Twigs for the Campfire. If you know anyone in the program please let them know.

I actually gave away close to 1100 copies of my book on sunday in kindle ebook promo day. Not sure if thats a good thing or not but hopefully will find out.

My friend, who is a writer, has a fairly new blog for writers if anyone's interested. It's at enchantedspark.com, and she would welcome visits and especially comments.

Edited to add: The site now also has a monthly writing contest with cash prizes.

I actually gave away close to 1100 copies of my book on sunday in kindle ebook promo day. Not sure if thats a good thing or not but hopefully will find out.

Wow, that is huge! Hopefully it will lead to even better things!

My news is that I got some offers for my new YA series! I'm sifting through them now with my agent, and then he'll try to get me better terms. We'll see. I wrote the book awhile ago and had always doubted it would find a publisher, so I'm super-excited about all the interest!

Wow, that is huge! Hopefully it will lead to even better things!

My news is that I got some offers for my new YA series! I'm sifting through them now with my agent, and then he'll try to get me better terms. We'll see. I wrote the book awhile ago and had always doubted it would find a publisher, so I'm super-excited about all the interest!

Great, I hope it works out.
I was surpirsed at the amount, but hopefully get some good reviews back. I sold a few copies afterwards, but reaally hoping it will pay off in positive reviews.

My update: just finished round one of edits for my new fantasy romance. All 380 pages of it. Taking a break from editing (its in my editors hands now) and picked up a romantic comedy I started last spring. I'm hoping to come up with a smash plot and finish the darn thing.

My character returns home to her southern roots for her father's funeral and runs into her childhood sweetheart.

wow! How awesome! Now you need to get number two out there so your fans will purchase your back log!

wow! How awesome! Now you need to get number two out there so your fans will purchase your back log!

I am working on it now. As well as a sequel for my other book. So far I have not seen any/maybe 1 review from the giveaways.
I was figuring it would take a week. Got my fingers crossed that I get a good amount of review. Got my other fingers crossed that the reviews are good.
I will let you know if reviews come in, unless they are bad.

Wow, has this thread taken a vacation.

My update is that I accepted one of the offers for my new YA series (my 6th and 7th books!) and that they'll both be published in 2014.

I just got the contract and found out that I'll be getting all the advance money for them this year, as well as the money for my 5th book that is coming out in April, so we quickly booked a trip to WDW. We're going to be staying at GF in August! I can't wait!

Very glad to hear for you GF.

For me still pumping the two books working on sequels to both as well as a new original work.
Just got contacted about somebody wanting to doing a reading of a play I was showing around. Verypumped about that.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter