• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

DIS 'WISH' Challenge UPDATE Clipart example added!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Look at all of our new DIS WISH Challengers! This is so great :teeth:

<b>epicureangirl</b> it sounds like you've had some really good success eating a controlled carbohydrates plan. I hope I can lose 55 pounds, at least.

<b>Tiggerkeeper</b> your son is going to be so proud of the newer healthier you and you will be proud of yourself, too!

<b>house_of_princesses</b> abstinence from any sugar will take away your cravings after about 3 or 4 days. You also have very little appetite on the Atkins nutritional plan. It's great!

<b>sm4987</b> the Atkins plan isn't for everyone. Too bad you can't tolerate it, but there are other healthy plans out there, sounds like you found one that is working for you.

<b>yasuern</b> good luck at WW. It's a great program!

<b>Nathan's Grandma</b> I wish I was a grandma too but no such luck yet. Are you following any formal eating plan or just making healthier choices? Good job with that airwalker, you are doing really well with that.

<b>mic&min</b> Welcome to the DIS and WISH. I'm really glad you found us and joined in with us. I follow the Atkins plan and it works very well for both my husband and I. Good luck with this.

<b>quackattack</b> How neat to find another husband/wife team on WISH. My husband doesn't post on the DIS though. Sounds like you have a great attitude towards this and a pretty good sense of humor, too. That helps when you start trying to lose weight :teeth:

I'm so glad to see so many new people taking the WISH Challenge. We have a terrific support group here and that is so helpful to me.

Anyone who hasn't added the DIS WISH clipart yet, just pm Kelsie or go to the technical support board and pm one of the moderators there, they can help you put the clipart in your signature.

There is also a great instructional post <b>HERE</b> by Wovenwonder that will tell you how to add this to your signature yourself.

Good luck to everyone. I'm just so glad you decided to join us.

Katholyn

Hello, I am taking the wish challenge. I am doing Weight Watchers and have lost 3 lbs so far. I just had a baby so I am trying to shed the last 15 lbs.

Hi everyone,
I have been lurking and decided what the heck-I'm in if you'll have me! I tried the Atkins diet and did well losing but felt really sick the first couple weeks, and slowly slid back into the old habits. I also had joined a club, and found I really enjoyed the aerobic machines like the treadmill and eliptical machine, but my schedule isn't good for a regular routine and so I didn't go as much as I would like (I am on call all day, everyday, with my own business.) So here I am looking for suggestions :) I have an old exercise machine that I will break out here at home, and I wondered if I would do better on a WW type program where I had another person monitoring my weight. So I will continue to read your tips and advice, and hopefully be on my way to a healthier me.
Buggie

Hi jpmom97, it's great to see you here. Welcome to WISH and good luck with WW.

Welcome to the DIS and WISH, DoomBuggieDriver. I'm glad you decided to join us. We have a lot of members on the WW program and they love it. I hope it works for you if that's what you choose.

Katholyn

I would like to join. I am on DISboards all the time so this might help me. I am going to do a modified version of Weight Watchers and I go to Curves 4 times a week. The modification is that I will not be joining Weight Watchers, I will be using all the materials from the time after my last pregnancy. I have had another pregnancy ang gained 50 lbs. I have taken of 40 but need to lose another 60lbs to get down to pre-pregnancy #1.

So I hope this will work everyone is always so helpful on these boards.

Thanks
Judy

I need to do something! I am so glad I found all of you! I have no will power. I eat choc all the time. I love to bake desserts! I can't help it. When I have nothing to do, I bake. I need to lose 25 pounds (really more, but I'll be happy with 25) before October, my first Disney Cruise. I work Monday, Tuesday & Wednesday. On Monday and Fridays I am home looking for things to eat!!! :confused:

My DD bought a bowflex. I will make a commitment to use it and start walking at least three times a week.

Wish me luck!!

Hope

I'd like to join if I may. I've been on WW since late September 2002 and have lost 27lbs. so far. Still about 30 to go. Now I need to get busy and start walking.

Ok.... I'm in. Going to be doing a little of alot of things. Cutting back on the "bad" stuff and exercising. Need to lose before the summer. Good luck everyone! Hoping to lose about 30 pounds. Maybe I should say I will lose 30 pounds! Never know that positive thinking just might be the key! :D

I'm joining too!

I found the wish board a week or so ago - now I'm ready to get serious. I started on 3/2
I'm doing the only thing I've had success with in the past - I log what I eat and stop at 1,150 calories max. for the day.
Hmmm how many calories in a slice of boston creme pie for breakfast? (kidding...I'm trying to make healthy choices as well)

Have not decided on an exercise program yet (running after 4 kids is not doing it for me)

Thanks for all the good ideas/inspiration!

I love seeing all of these new WISHers!

<b>jdkdorn</b> We have lots of WW members here. You can have your meeting on WISH instead of at WW :)

<b>hopelea</b> Welcome to the DIS and WISH, I'm really glad you found us. That bowflex looks so interesting on infomercials. Good luck with it.

<b>tmsclsdisneybound</b> sounds like you have already made a really good start. Visit us often while you are working on those remaining 30 pounds.

<b>jpmom97</b> Yay! Congratulations on losing that pound. You can ad the WISH clipart again. If you have problems just ask on the technical board and they can help you. I hope to see you in transatlantic chat again this Sunday.

<b>bdpa</b> Welcome to the DIS and wish. I like your positive attitude. Grab the WISH challenge clipart and join right in, we have a great support group here.

<b>cats mom</b> Good luck with that reduced calorie eating plan. I love Arizona. I'll bet the weather is gorgeous out there right now.

I just think it's so great to see so many new WISHers here. Welcome everyone!

Katholyn

Originally posted by cats mom
Hmmm how many calories in a slice of boston creme pie for breakfast? (kidding...I'm trying to make healthy choices as well)

One slice of custard-type pie= 8 Weight Watchers points, so that's in the neighborhood of 400 calories. Be careful what you ask, we have our handy-dandy calorie counter slide rules handy at all times!!:p

Seriously, welcome to all our new WISH friends!! You'll find lots of motivational support and good ideas for success in your quest for a healthier you right here.

Oooh Boy! My Turn! I wanna play! Cleveland, OH area checkin' in.

I am signing on for the challenge. I have always been an active person in my youth and most of my adulthood-all the way to when I became Mom’s Taxi...Driving, waiting and driving and waiting and driving. I stopped my activity so my children could be active.

I began to do things that were healthier for me again last year prior to that Mom’s Taxi thing I always had done the good things, lucky me. I never had to focus on this in my entire life until recently. I have heard the comparison made—if the oxygen mask drops down in an airplane you must put on yours first or you will be no help to others. Same thoughts should go for our personal wellness. I began to apply this thought to my goals of improving my health.

Last year I lost 30 pounds and gained back half of what I lost in last 6 months. I want to lose 30 pounds from where I am now as a long-term goal no matter how long-term. This may seem small to many yet I find it a great challenge!

My plans are to use short-term goals.
>>Take body measurements
>>Do some sort of exercise at least every other day…extra is bonus
>>If I fall get back on
>>Eat smaller portions
>>Eat Healthy—which includes no snacking at night. I can have something small in the afternoon then right????
>>Exercise and more exercise
I found motivators last year when I tried walking/slow jogging with others and will be found trying to improve my times from last year with participation in the 5k that’s 3.1 miles.

I will be found here:
>>May 1-August 31 Every Saturday Morning 10a.m. at Edgewater Park Pier Cleveland, OH Enjoy a 3 mile fun Run/Walk see www.billybass.net Everyone is welcome come once, come often. I will be there. Out of towners welcome!
>>Race for the Cure October 11th supporting the Susan G. Komen Breast Cancer Foundation.
>>Towpath Marathon October 12th see http://www.towpathmarathon.org/ proceeds from the event benefit Ohio Canal Corridor
>>Working the Towpath either walking or jogging…this is my most happy place.

I am a proud newcomer to race/walking events and let me tell everyone that I was absolutely thrilled to participate! I recommend this type of activity to everyone at all levels of ability. This was a great way for me to focus my summer program with a goal in sight. My goal last year was to participate and I did!

Welcome to the DIS and WISH Tiger Lily 03. I'm really glad you decided to join us. What a great thing to do, participating in such great causes, good for you!

Visit us often :)

I'd like to join too, if it's not too late. This is a great idea!! I know I need all the encouragement I can get. I'm doing WW and need to loose almost 30 lbs to make goal. Weigh in was Tuesday and I gained 1.6lbs. Definitely going the wrong direction. I've still lost over 25lbs. since starting though. So, I'm trying not to be discouraged and I think I'm doing better this week.

Originally posted by TCKK
I'd like to join too, if it's not too late. This is a great idea!! I know I need all the encouragement I can get. I'm doing WW and need to loose almost 30 lbs to make goal. Weigh in was Tuesday and I gained 1.6lbs. Definitely going the wrong direction. I've still lost over 25lbs. since starting though. So, I'm trying not to be discouraged and I think I'm doing better this week.

Welcome to the DIS Boards -- and especially thanks for joining us on the WISH thread! It looks like you are new to the boards -- how did you find us?
:D

Is it too late to join? I want to drop a good 30 pounds by July! I work out at curves and I'm just watching my calorie intake. No formal dieting right now. I did start adding some pilates into my workout, boy do I feel those! I'm really focused on doing this this time around!!!!
cathy

I'd like to join the WISH also. My motivation is my cardiologist. Since November, I've lost about 18 pounds. I'm not following any formal plan, just cutting back and drinking lots of water. As of today, my plan is to add the Walk Away the Pounds tapes and hopefully see more results. Although my plan is also to lose gradually and keep it off.

Good luck to everyone!:D
Lois

I pledge to loose 10 pounds by May 22....

I will walk, walk, walk....
sit-ups and push ups

My NO cookie pledge ... boo hoo, I have to give up
Girl Scout cookies... thin mints, samoas, all abouts....

So that's 5 pounds a month. I think I can do it.
So count me in ;)

Ok....is it too late to join this? I actually started WW at the end of September and have lost 15 pounds so far (after going off the program for about a month due to sickness..and only gaining 1lb. LOL!). I just think I need some extra incentive to stick with it, so I thought this would be a great idea! Let me know if it's ok to join now. I've got a ways to go before I'm at my goal weight, but I would like to lose about 20lbs by the end of July! Thanks!

Hugs,
Diana

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter