**Dis Weight Loss Group - Week 3- Jan 2016**

florida sun

Mrs Christopher Eccleston wannabe!
Good Morning everyone from a very cold, sunny and icy Cardiff, South Wales:cold::sunny:

What a great week we had last week, loads of great weight losses and so many new people joining us from the UK and across the pond from the US, Welcome to everyone, its so good to have so many of you on here!:welcome::welcome::welcome::welcome::welcome::welcome:

Im pleased to say that this week I lost 1.5lbs so thats 7lbs in 2 weeks and I managed to get my half stone award:jumping1:

Im really pleased about that. This week Im going to through in a couple of SW "SP" days which is speed and protien only! I dont like doing too many of them as I miss my yogurts too much but they do help speed up weight loss, so thought I would give a couple of days a go.:goodvibes

This week I would also like to discuss "Exercise" what do you do to exercise? How many times a week? What length of time do you exercise? etc etc

Good luck everyone for the week, I cant wait to hear all your updates and learn anything you can tell us about how you exercise:thumbsup2

Awesome loss Sue!!!:cheer2::cheer2::cheer2:

Exercise....yech!! Seriously, I do still try but I hate it. I mostly stick to walking 7-10000 steps a day, and have an odd foray into youtube cardio videos, usually of 30 minutes at a time. However, I do know that I have to start toning up, so I found a good bodyweight exercise video, and I'm struggling my way through that.

Sue, let us know how those "SP" days go, if you don't mind me saying they sound weird! I definitely think I would miss my carbs too much!

Hooray Sue!

I don't have a fancy step counter, and hate exercise as well! But, I have a 3-level house (basement-laundry) and 3 active boys...so I use that as my excuse that I get in enough steps. We walk to school (and I walk home every morning) and then it's laundry and housework. I also cannot sit still unless I'm reading, so I tend to pace and putter about, HAHA!

This is only day 2 for me, so I probably won't bother to weigh in for a couple days still. Feeling better already though!

Im pleased to say that this week I lost 1.5lbs so thats 7lbs in 2 weeks and I managed to get my half stone award

Woo!! That's great well done! You must be very happy. :cheer2:

I've stayed the same this week. Not gained not lost. I'm crazy busy at work and not eating very well at the moment. So i'll blame it on that... haha :rotfl:

Awesome loss Sue!!!:cheer2::cheer2::cheer2:

Exercise....yech!! Seriously, I do still try but I hate it. I mostly stick to walking 7-10000 steps a day, and have an odd foray into youtube cardio videos, usually of 30 minutes at a time. However, I do know that I have to start toning up, so I found a good bodyweight exercise video, and I'm struggling my way through that.

Sue, let us know how those "SP" days go, if you don't mind me saying they sound weird! I definitely think I would miss my carbs too much!

Thanks Cathy, Im not a lover of exercise my self, I do love walking and Im very strict about making sure I do at least 10,000 steps a day, I keep saying Im going to get myself a bike, but Im not sure thats a great idea esp with how busy our roads are! Let me know how you get on with the bodyweight exercise video.

I have done my 2 SP days and I really enjoyed them to be honest with you. For breakfast I would have just fruit, for lunch I had roast beef saled with eggs and very low fat cottage cheese and for dinner it was some form of hot meat, either chicken or lamb, or heck sausages and loads of veggies! For desserts, I love Quark, not sure if you have tried it, but its a very very low fat soft cheese, which tastes to me like the bottom part of a New York style cheesecake! So I take a portion of that which is classified as protien in Slimming World and mix it with a "Options" chocolate powder to make up a low fat chocolate moouse type dish, I then added raspberries to the top! I completly leave out potatoes, yogurts and and my pasta mug shots which are free on SW but are niether a Speed or Protien item! Lets see how I do on Monday and hopefully if I have a good weekend it should help:crazy2:

Hooray Sue!

I don't have a fancy step counter, and hate exercise as well! But, I have a 3-level house (basement-laundry) and 3 active boys...so I use that as my excuse that I get in enough steps. We walk to school (and I walk home every morning) and then it's laundry and housework. I also cannot sit still unless I'm reading, so I tend to pace and putter about, HAHA!

This is only day 2 for me, so I probably won't bother to weigh in for a couple days still. Feeling better already though!
Kivara, I can well imagine with three boys and a three story house you more than do your fair share of running around:laundy:
Good luck on your weigh in this week and pop back and let us know how you are getting on:thumbsup2

Woo!! That's great well done! You must be very happy. :cheer2:

I've stayed the same this week. Not gained not lost. I'm crazy busy at work and not eating very well at the moment. So i'll blame it on that... haha :rotfl:

Rachel staying the same is always better than a gain, well done:banana:Hope things calm down a bit in work for you so you can get back on track with the eating:coffee:
Good luck for the rest of the week:thumbsup2

Wow Sue! I hope it pays off for you! The dessert sounds yummy!

The bodyweight video; lets just say its going to be a slow process!

I lost 0.8 lbs this week, giving me my 8 stone total loss:flower1::cheer2::cheer2::flower1: but I think I'm going to struggle this weekend as I have a really bad cold and everything tastes like cardboard:sick: and all I want to do is hide under the bedcovers. However, as DS was sent home from college with a bad throat infection I don't see me getting much peace!

Best of luck to everyone for the coming week!

Cathy, great job on the loss so far! I hope you and your son feel better soon!

My weigh in day is Saturday and I wasn't looking forward to getting on the scales this morning as Ive not had a great week - out for a meal in an Italian restaurant on Monday evening where we got the Early bird special which was 3 courses plus garlic bread plus my friend had brought a birthday cake for us. As I was too full for any cake she gave it to me to take home and so I had 2 pieces on Tuesday.
Ive also been trying to avoid sandwiches for lunch and have salad or soup but have had a sandwich one day and wrap another - so as I say I want looking forward to it

However managed to lose 1 pound - its not a lot but I was pleased that it had gone in the right direction and not gained

Im hoping for a better week this week food wise

Hiya, I'm Gemma, I'm following SW too as well as using myfitnesspal to track food :D

I've got a weighted hula hoop :) Bruises but apparently you have to power through. Also going to Zumba weekly :)

Wow Sue! I hope it pays off for you! The dessert sounds yummy!

The bodyweight video; lets just say its going to be a slow process!

I lost 0.8 lbs this week, giving me my 8 stone total loss:flower1::cheer2::cheer2::flower1: but I think I'm going to struggle this weekend as I have a really bad cold and everything tastes like cardboard:sick: and all I want to do is hide under the bedcovers. However, as DS was sent home from college with a bad throat infection I don't see me getting much peace!

Best of luck to everyone for the coming week!

Aww Cathy, I hope you feel better soon, I had a terrible cold twice bwfore Christmas so I know how you feel:hug: Well done on the weight loss as well, you aew doing fantastic:cheer2:

My weigh in day is Saturday and I wasn't looking forward to getting on the scales this morning as Ive not had a great week - out for a meal in an Italian restaurant on Monday evening where we got the Early bird special which was 3 courses plus garlic bread plus my friend had brought a birthday cake for us. As I was too full for any cake she gave it to me to take home and so I had 2 pieces on Tuesday.
Ive also been trying to avoid sandwiches for lunch and have salad or soup but have had a sandwich one day and wrap another - so as I say I want looking forward to it

However managed to lose 1 pound - its not a lot but I was pleased that it had gone in the right direction and not gained

Im hoping for a better week this week food wise

Well done Gill, like you Im always pleased with a loss no matter the size of it:cheer2: Hope you enjoyed the meal:goodvibes

Hiya, I'm Gemma, I'm following SW too as well as using myfitnesspal to track food :D

I've got a weighted hula hoop :) Bruises but apparently you have to power through. Also going to Zumba weekly :)

Hi Gemma, :welcome: to the dis dieting thread, happy to have you join us, I bought a hula hoop a couple of years ago as I was really good at it as a youngster, however now:confused3:confused3:confused3 well not so much!

Good luck for the coming week!:thumbsup2

Well its weigh in for me tonight, I have stuck 100% to plan, so its fingers crossed, anything of a loss will be great, will let you all know tomorrow how I get on:thumbsup2

Hi Gemma, :welcome: to the dis dieting thread, happy to have you join us, I bought a hula hoop a couple of years ago as I was really good at it as a youngster, however now:confused3:confused3:confused3 well not so much!

Good luck for the coming week!:thumbsup2

Well its weigh in for me tonight, I have stuck 100% to plan, so its fingers crossed, anything of a loss will be great, will let you all know tomorrow how I get on:thumbsup2
Haha cheers! Mine is the weighted one so ways 2lb! Easier than the light ones from when I was wee though! Weigh in for me is Thursday, so fingers crossed I get a 1lb off! I'm going to gym it tomorrow night too! Good luck!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter