**Dis Weight Loss Group - Week 2 - Jan 2016**

Good Morning everyone and welcome Kivara!

Well, I went over to our local hospital's employee health fair. My husband works for a hospital here in Houston and as a covered spouse I am able to participate in their "healthy directions" program. It is actually required that we take part in order to keep our insurance premiums down.

I went to check out WW program. We get a pretty significant discount on monthly fees. I would only pay $15 a month.

Sounded great and I am excited as Oprah has become the new spokeswoman.

Then I found info on a program called "Real Appeal" It is a similar program and I would pay nothing to join. I think to get started I just need to do a telephonic consult.

Now I am confused. WW seems like it is more fun. I would like to do "in person" meetings. So whether I sign up or not is yet to be seen.

I think I have lost 2 lbs!! My goal is lose about 10. Trying to shed some lbs. for an upcoming Disney trip in the spring, so I can enjoy all the walking. I began a very gradual walking program online 2 weeks ago and have walked in increasing increments since then. Up to 20 mins. per day. We have rest days, which I have not felt the need to do. I find that I have to go everyday, or end up not doing it.

The walking plus eating "real" food seems to be the key for me. It helps if I take in more water and remember to eat healthy between meal snacks.

I headed to the mall yesterday to do my daily walk. I ended up shopping and not walking. A hazard of mall walking. Then had to get out there and do my walk later in the day when our weather had changed from warm to cold and windy!

Very cold out there today. For TX anyway. High of 51 farenheit. May have to head to the darn mall again today.

My issue is my bad back. I have got to get a grip on it. Sorry I just saw where I posted "wait" loss earlier. Haha, well you all know what I mean.

Yes, I am very excited about Adele. I still cannot believe I was able to get those tickets. They were limited by household.
Houston will be the last leg of her U.S. tour. Then she will be in Mexico City.

Keep up the good work everyone:dogdance:

Way to go mumumouse, and thanks for the welcome! I hear you on the mall walking, without fail it turns into browsing and shopping...but, hey, shopping includes some walking! haha
I'm jealous of your "cold" 51 degrees...it's been about 20F here lately, but so far all that snow missed us! (makes it a lot more pleasant to walk the kiddos to school if it's dry and not too windy!)

How is everyone doing??

I have graduated on my About.com Let's get walking program! Walking for four weeks now!! It is free online and really helped me.

It starts out with 15 minutes, then graduated to 20. Now I am doing 30 every day.

Really about habits. I am one of those who has to go everyday or I slide...

The other day I was so pooped out. I headed to the mall and ended up not walking. But I did go out later in the day.

Need to hit it today still!!!

I thought I had lost about 6 lbs, but that went back up a bit, so I am staying away from the scale for a while.

Starting drinking Kefir! My daughter turned me on to it. Sort of a drinkable yogurt with good probiotics. Try it!! Got some at Whole Foods.

Did not join Weight Watchers, although may still. Something about points turns me off. Kind of like when you go to the gym and need to keep track of your reps.

I am sad to say that our local "Nifty After Fifty" location has closed along with the others in TX.

I was a pay as you go person, but many of the members were older and were using there "Texan Plus" Medicare supplement benefits. I think their insurance basically paid for them to go. Feel really bad for some of the older members as this was a social gathering place for them.

I had not been in a while, but will miss it. They had circuit workouts where you just inserted a program key into the machine and it set everything according to your stats. A no brainer!

Keep up the good work everyone. I have slipped a bit along the way. Had a big ole ice cream cone the other day!! But I find that if I give in once in a while, I can stay on track better.

Only 35 days to my next Disneyt trip! Doing a few back exercises. Hope I survive!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter