• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

** Dis Weight Loss Group - January 2015- Week 3 **

florida sun

Mrs Christopher Eccleston wannabe!
Well hello all, the weeks are flying by already this year, I cant believe we are week 3 so soon. :)

Hope you all had a good healthy eating and plenty of exercise week:cheer2::cheer2: and were pleased with your weight losses.

Well done to all those that lost and stayed the same, and if you did have a little gain, dont let it put you off, keep at it.:goodvibes

Im hoping for a small loss or stay the same on Wednesday as I havent been feeling too well this weekend and I think I might have eaten a little more than I should have, but I will try and make it up the next few days with a bit more exercise.:thumbsup2

Do any of you find the weekend harder to get throuh than the week? If so how do you manage and what do you do? I always seem to want to nibble more when Im in on the weekendpopcorn::popcorn::

Anyway good luck all and dont forget to check in and let us know how you're doing:):goodvibes:goodvibes

Checking in, with another loss of 1.1 kilos!:cool1:

The snow and really cold weather is playing havoc with my appetite, just want to pig out on chocolate and crisps all day:nono: and stay in bed under the warm covers! If I really think about it my major day for messing up is probably a Sunday. All I'm doing at the moment to make sure I don't mess up is think about the clothes splurge I intend on going on when I get to America this summer!

The snow and really cold weather is playing havoc with my appetite, just want to pig out on chocolate and crisps all day:nono: and stay in bed under the warm covers! If I really think about it my major day for messing up is probably a Sunday. All I'm doing at the moment to make sure I don't mess up is think about the clothes splurge I intend on going on when I get to America this summer!

Well done Cathy, thats great news:banana::banana::banana::banana:
I know what you mean about the cold weather, Im the same, I just seem to want comfort food all the time, and for me thats normally pasties, pies etc etcpopcorn::

Good luck for the coming week:thumbsup2

I'm really proud of myself because I made 4 dozen fairy cakes to take to work for my birthday and I didn't lick out the bowls.

WOW! Monday again already!

I'm not sure how this week will fair as it was BF's Birthday Party on Saturday evening and although I didn't eat too much most of it wasn't exactly healthy, then we're off out to a lovely local restaurant tomorrow for his actual Birthday with weigh day on Wednesday... on the plus side I spent the morning washing my dads fleet of rental vehicles which is surprisingly tiring!

Weekends... They're always difficult in this house, especially as it's 'tradition' that dad brings home a fresh loaf every Saturday. It's hard to say no when it's all that's on offer (I probably could find something for myself but I like us all to have the same). I enjoy it and just keep off of the really bad foods like crisps and chocolate, it's not ideal but hey ho!

Well done :thumbsup2

I'm really proud of myself because I made 4 dozen fairy cakes to take to work for my birthday and I didn't lick out the bowls.

:rotfl2::rotfl2:

My weigh in day will be Thursday but i've stuck to it well so hopefull of a good result. Weekends don't bother me too much - I just have hungry days now and again and fancy nibbling on stuff I shouldn't.

I also watched the BBC programme on catch up this week and could have told you I was an emotional eater before they started :rotfl:

Good luck for the week ahead folks :goodvibes

Hello i've come to join in. I am only going to weigh myself monthly though so won't be able to post each week.

I have joined the gym and i'm trying to eat better rather than diet but so far it isn't going very well, too many temptations and I have a VERY sweet tooth.

Can I join in please :goodvibes

I've put some weight on following all my medical issues in the last year and I have to be careful for the future.

I'm doing a mixture of the 5.2 diet and noting everything in My Fitness Pal.

Added to that I've started walking again for at least 30 minutes a day plus all the bi/tri weekly walking around DLP will hopefully help me lose a bit.

I'll try and weigh myself every fortnight.

That made me laugh so much Libby:lmao:, well done:thumbsup2

WOW! Monday again already!

I'm not sure how this week will fair as it was BF's Birthday Party on Saturday evening and although I didn't eat too much most of it wasn't exactly healthy, then we're off out to a lovely local restaurant tomorrow for his actual Birthday with weigh day on Wednesday... on the plus side I spent the morning washing my dads fleet of rental vehicles which is surprisingly tiring!

Weekends... They're always difficult in this house, especially as it's 'tradition' that dad brings home a fresh loaf every Saturday. It's hard to say no when it's all that's on offer (I probably could find something for myself but I like us all to have the same). I enjoy it and just keep off of the really bad foods like crisps and chocolate, it's not ideal but hey ho!

Hope you have a fantastic meal out for your BF birthday:) You have worked hard washing the cars so hopefully it will work out to your advantage, good luck for Wednesday:thumbsup2

Well done :thumbsup2

:rotfl2::rotfl2:

My weigh in day will be Thursday but i've stuck to it well so hopefull of a good result. Weekends don't bother me too much - I just have hungry days now and again and fancy nibbling on stuff I shouldn't.

I also watched the BBC programme on catch up this week and could have told you I was an emotional eater before they started :rotfl:

Good luck for the week ahead folks :goodvibes

Yes I was an emotional eater as well, no surprise there for me, good luck for Thursday, dont forget to check in and let us know.:thumbsup2

Hello i've come to join in. I am only going to weigh myself monthly though so won't be able to post each week.

I have joined the gym and i'm trying to eat better rather than diet but so far it isn't going very well, too many temptations and I have a VERY sweet tooth.

Hi Claire, Welcome aboard, happy to have you. Dont worry about posting every week, pop in whenever you feel like, good luck hon and let us know how your getting on. :goodvibes:goodvibes

Can I join in please :goodvibes

I've put some weight on following all my medical issues in the last year and I have to be careful for the future.

I'm doing a mixture of the 5.2 diet and noting everything in My Fitness Pal.

Added to that I've started walking again for at least 30 minutes a day plus all the bi/tri weekly walking around DLP will hopefully help me lose a bit.

I'll try and weigh myself every fortnight.

Hi there, Welcome aboard you're very welcome to join us, looking forward to hearing how you get on with the 5.2:thumbsup2

I've lost 5 lbs this week. Very pleased but I expect the loss to slow own in the next couple of weeks as my body gets used to the diet.

Still it's a nice boost to start the new year. :cool1:

I've lost 5 lbs this week. Very pleased but I expect the loss to slow own in the next couple of weeks as my body gets used to the diet.

Well done Libby, thats brilliant:banana::banana::cool1: Esp since you made all those cakes and had a birthday, great job:thumbsup2

A better result this week :) 2lb off for me this week, happy with that and back to where I was before Christmas. Hopefully it'll keep slowly dropping off now...

Somehow at the weekend I agreed to 'run' a half marathon dressed as a penguin in September! I would say I blame the alcohol but I wasn't drinking! Guess I need to start running at some point...

Good luck everyone else weighing today and the coming days :)

Stayed the same this week....a bit disappointed, but onwards and upwards. I'm going to stick to this 5:2 for another week and see how it works out giving it a couple of weeks to work. If it doesn't work, I will have disputed the BBC programme that being a constant craver the 5:1 would be the diet for me!!! I've always been contrary.

Pam

Stayed the same this week....a bit disappointed, but onwards and upwards. I'm going to stick to this 5:2 for another week and see how it works out giving it a couple of weeks to work. If it doesn't work, I will have disputed the BBC programme that being a constant craver the 5:1 would be the diet for me!!! I've always been contrary.

Pam

Staying the same is no so bad, but as a mostly constant craver myself (I fit into the other 2 categories quite a bit too :( ) I know that being let loose on unlimited diets don't work for me even if I eat healthily.

I've managed to get to target 3 times in the past, once calorie counting and twice with Weight Watchers. So there are other ways than the BBC suggestion.

Good luck with next week. :grouphug:

A better result this week :) 2lb off for me this week, happy with that and back to where I was before Christmas. Hopefully it'll keep slowly dropping off now...

Somehow at the weekend I agreed to 'run' a half marathon dressed as a penguin in September! I would say I blame the alcohol but I wasn't drinking! Guess I need to start running at some point...

Well done Stacy, thats the way!:thumbsup2 Well done as well signing up for a half marathon dressed as a penguin, we must have some photos please:)

Pam

Pam, my Slimming World leader always says when you stay the same and been really good chances are it will come off the following week, so you never know.:hug: My daughter is doing the same as you and lost nothing her first week and then 6 pounds the second week:thumbsup2 Well done for not gaining:goodvibes

Im pleased to report a 1.5lb loss last night for me, thats my total weight loss now at 1st- 6.5lbs in seven weeks:cool1::cool1:

Im so please right now, my clothes are fitting great and I feel so much better in myself.

Im loving my fitbit which is making me walk so much more than I have ever done.:banana::banana:

Good luck everyone for the rest of the week:thumbsup2

Fantastic! Well done :thumbsup2

Great result, good luck with the running :)

Pam

Hold off until next week and hopefully you'll see it drop off :)

Im pleased to report a 1.5lb loss last night for me, thats my total weight loss now at 1st- 6.5lbs in seven weeks:cool1::cool1:

Im so please right now, my clothes are fitting great and I feel so much better in myself.

Im loving my fitbit which is making me walk so much more than I have ever done.:banana::banana:

Good luck everyone for the rest of the week:thumbsup2

Great, well done. Feels great to fit into your clothes better doesn't it :woohoo:

Happy to report that i've lost 3.5lb this week and can even feel it in my clothes. So glad i stuck with it after last week's disappointment, however this loss is the total over the two weeks as I had a bit of a grump last weekend when i didn't lose as much as I wanted....anyway, on we go..:)

I'll have my usual 'free' day today and eat what I fancy without being too strict and then back to 1200 calories tomorrow.

Good luck everyone :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter