DIS Unplugged Show Feedback and Suggestions

Because there is so much merchandise and it changes often, most of this is covered on the blog and wdwinfo.com. You'll also see segments on the show or rapid fires here and there. Still, more merchandise talk is always a good thing!

One of the things I really enjoy about the DLR podcast is Nancy's shopping segments and the dining segments (like the current counter service breakfast review segments in DL, DCA, DTD and the hotels). I'm finding them very helpful in planning for n(and getting excited about :)) our upcoming trip. It would be great to see some segments like this on the WDW side too (even if they are shorter segments, as the ones I'm referring to seem to be on the DLR podcast).

I think having one of the team members train for one of the RunDisney half marathons would make for a few good segments. There could be a segment on choosing which race to do and then choosing a training plan for that race. A second segment when the race is getting closer to talk about what they learned while training for their first half marathon, and then the event itself would give them the opportunity to talk about the entire weekend experience.

Kathy did a 5K last year, IIRC? I thought I remembered her talking about her experience on the show.

Kathy did a 5K last year, IIRC? I thought I remembered her talking about her experience on the show.

I do remember that. I thought a half because it would require more training and so many people do their first half marathon at Disney so I think it would be a popular segment.

I do remember that. I thought a half because it would require more training and so many people do their first half marathon at Disney so I think it would be a popular segment.
I think it is a lot to ask someone to run a half marathon for the sake of the podcast. If any of the podcasters wanted to do it anyway, that's one thing...but if they don't then that's ok too. Perhaps they could have a listener they follow training for their first half marathon, like how the dlr podcast has a segment where they help 1 listener plan their dlr trip and they check in with them a few times pre trip, and then again post trip.

I've enjoyed all of the podcasts & have really been impressed with the new additions to the Dis Team. Dustin: you have done a number of bracket shows. Have you considered one based on the scariest/most intimidating rides & attractions at WDW? We don't usually think of WDW having that many A ticket thrill rides compared to Universal. However, there are a few out there. I don't know if this alone would stretch to consume an entire segment but maybe something to consider. Of course, there may be some rides & attractions that are so strange or dated that they are a bit 'scary" on that basis alone.:-)

How come you guys don't have a segment on characters!?! Where to find them how to react best photo opportunities that seems like a huge segment

Jiko offers unique flavors and items that aren't readily available. It's one of the few (if not only) Disney restaurants for which I have the occasional craving. I haven't found them anywhere else around here.

Narcoossee's has nailed the "casually elegant" vibe. Great food in a laid back, unpretentious, but still elegant atmosphere is hard to beat.

Again....my opinions.

I think I may have to add Narcoossee's to my list of restaurants to check out!

O.k. I'm not sure if you have done any reviews of Adventures by Disney the ones in the US. Do you think you could interview one of the guides for these trips and explain the application process and what goes into a day in the life of an adventure guide. Disney is actively recruiting for these positions. I think the recruiting is focusing on current cast members and past college programers. Also since the sign ups for Mom's Panel starts perhaps bring in a mom and get their experience.

I would love for some sort of a contest to be able to go to the parks with the podcast team. I know that makes me sound like a stalker, promise I am not! Lol I just think it would be a lot of fun to have the true experts with us for a day on our vacation. I love every single one of them especially Pete. He reminds me of a guy that I used to work with in Chicago.

Hi Squirk,

I feel it's time to respond. After all, you have now posted three times that you like what I say, don't like the way I say it and find me overbearing and/or abrasive..

I was asked to be on the podcast because I was/am knowledgeable about the subject and I had/have opinions...which I was/am not afraid to share.

I like and respect each and every person I work with and I try to make sure to apologize when I think I have cut someone off...but it's a round table discussion. It happens.

I have no plans to alter the way I interact with the rest of the team, the manner in which I express my opinions or my overall tone. I guess the old adage applies...i am who I am. Take me or leave me.

While I would certainly never suggest that if you don't like it...dont listen (that would be rude on my part), I will, in the spirit of "constructive criticism", suggest that you learn to get past it.

I've reached middle age and I can say with certainty and strength of conviction that I'm probably not going to change...no matter how many more times you feel the need to point out what you consider to be my flaws. Again..I am who I am.

I'm not sure if this changes your opinion but, that was never my goal.

Thanks,
Kevin

Which leaves me scratching my head wondering what your goal was. If it was to make it crystal-clear that you wouldn't be changing how you comported yourself on the show, well, that was never my intention or expectation. Dustin asked for feedback and I gave it to him.

And yes, I posted a few times about my opinion in response to other people either challenging the validity of my opinion or making the rather insipid statement that if I "don't like it, don't listen".

Last edited:
One of the things I really enjoy about the DLR podcast is Nancy's shopping segments and the dining segments (like the current counter service breakfast review segments in DL, DCA, DTD and the hotels). I'm finding them very helpful in planning for n(and getting excited about :)) our upcoming trip. It would be great to see some segments like this on the WDW side too (even if they are shorter segments, as the ones I'm referring to seem to be on the DLR podcast).

This is why I haven't started listening to the the DLR podcast yet...I know I would get really excited and NEED to start planning trips (plural, cause that's how I roll) to DLR, but I'm already invested in a cruise, 2 WDW trips in foreseeable future, and I'm hoping I can swing the Podcast cruise at the end of next year. I started downloading the DLR podcasts after seeing the DL 7 in 7 because I found Tom and Michael fascinating, but I had a rare moment of clarity and decided not to compound my Disney obsession just yet so I'm holding off listening to them. But I love listening to segments like this so now I'm tempted again. Thanks a lot!:sad2:;)

This is why I haven't started listening to the the DLR podcast yet...I know I would get really excited and NEED to start planning trips (plural, cause that's how I roll) to DLR, but I'm already invested in a cruise, 2 WDW trips in foreseeable future, and I'm hoping I can swing the Podcast cruise at the end of next year. I started downloading the DLR podcasts after seeing the DL 7 in 7 because I found Tom and Michael fascinating, but I had a rare moment of clarity and decided not to compound my Disney obsession just yet so I'm holding off listening to them. But I love listening to segments like this so now I'm tempted again. Thanks a lot!:sad2:;)

Not sure I've ever been called "fascinating". :rolleyes1

Which leaves me scratching my head wondering what your goal was. If it was to make it crystal-clear that you wouldn't be changing how you comported yourself on the show, well, that was never my intention or expectation. Dustin asked for feedback and I gave it to him.

And yes, I posted a few times about my opinion in response to other people either challenging the validity of my opinion or making the rather insipid statement that if I "don't like it, don't listen".

And I gave feedback on your feedback.

That was my goal.

O.k. I'm not sure if you have done any reviews of Adventures by Disney the ones in the US. Do you think you could interview one of the guides for these trips and explain the application process and what goes into a day in the life of an adventure guide. Disney is actively recruiting for these positions. I think the recruiting is focusing on current cast members and past college programers. Also since the sign ups for Mom's Panel starts perhaps bring in a mom and get their experience.

I want to say this was discussed at one point or another? I seem to remember hearing about what the AbD hiring process and I think it was on the podcast?

I want to say this was discussed at one point or another? I seem to remember hearing about what the AbD hiring process and I think it was on the podcast?

I would love to know the link for this. Thanks!!

After watching an amazing episode of The Trip this week where the Titanic Exhibition was covered, it got me thinking, it would be nice to see a similar episode covering a local Orlando attraction like the Regional History Center or even the Orlando Science Center? Orlando has many great local attractions that are often overlooked by most visitors, it would be a great way to showcase the local Orlando and at the same time introduce some unique ideas for those looking for a more local experience outside of the theme park area?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter