DIS Unplugged Show Feedback and Suggestions

How about a q/a with mesaboy about fp +. For those of use who only get down every now and then, learning how to best utilize fp+ is paramount.

I don't mean a segment on pro/ con of fp +. Just some thoughts on how to utilize it best.

I do think that's a good idea, but I can see how it would be potentially difficult because it is such a subjective thing dependent on touring styles.

That was a truly special video! We've been debating between Steakhouse 55 and Napa Rose...we've done NR before, but not S55. We're bringing my parents on this trip, though, and want to show them the adult fun side of Disneyland. The video at the DLR Hotel was swinging us to S55, but the video at NR is swinging us back to NR! Toomany choices!!
We've done both NR and S55. I hate to pick between them but give the slight edge to NR. It might be best to just alternate the two.

We've done both NR and S55. I hate to pick between them but give the slight edge to NR. It might be best to just alternate the two.

The hard thing is we want to do the carthay circle WOC package and F! Package as well for the reserved seating. We have a (then) 3 y/o DD, so the reserved seating would be really helpful (haven't decided between BB and Riverbelle Terrace)...it would be a lot to then add on both S55 and NR.

haven't decided between BB and Riverbelle Terrace
Another difficult choice. We've done the BB package and the viewing location is perfect, dead center. However, I doubt the Riverbelle Terrace viewing area is horrible either.

Another difficult choice. We've done the BB package and the viewing location is perfect, dead center. However, I doubt the Riverbelle Terrace viewing area is horrible either.
We will likely do BB, but $21 for a 3 y/o is hard to swallow :p. We love the atmosphere though, so will likely suck it up..just haven't fully decided yet

We will likely do BB, but $21 for a 3 y/o is hard to swallow :p. We love the atmosphere though, so will likely suck it up..just haven't fully decided yet
Yes, the price is a bit high for BB. I'm not sure the food there is really worth it. But it IS and experience.

That was a truly special video! We've been debating between Steakhouse 55 and Napa Rose...we've done NR before, but not S55. We're bringing my parents on this trip, though, and want to show them the adult fun side of Disneyland. The video at the DLR Hotel was swinging us to S55, but the video at NR is swinging us back to NR! Toomany choices!!

Try to do the chef's counter at Napa Rose for a unique treat. I thoroughly enjoyed it when I went. :)

Do they allow children at the chef's counter? I hadn't even thought of that...but it would be fun!!
They do allow children there. You should consider how your child will enjoy/endure what is typically a 5-course meal (with wine pairings) that shouldn't be rushed for maximum enjoyment.

They do allow children there. You should consider how your child will enjoy/endure what is typically a 5-course meal (with wine pairings) that shouldn't be rushed for maximum enjoyment.
Our daughter is literally the most chilled out little girl ever. We have no hesitation taking her anywhere ( I claim no responsibility..she was born this way :)). I'd actually be more concerned about being able to get her to eat with the flurry of kitchen activity she would be distracted by, which may be why we don't do this option. It is nice to know it is an option, though. We may see if my parents would be interested in that for themselves too, maybe without us. We will see. Just trying to figure out all of our options.

I know the above sounds like any parent saying "oh, my child would never do that", but that's not the kind of parent I am :) I'm a teacher..I totally know kids can just not handle some things. Please believe me when I say if I get even the tiniest feeling between now and then that she would disrupt other guests if we did this, that option would be off the table immediately (and I would cancel if we already had the reservation). I would never put her or the other guests in that position.

Seating at the Chef's Counter is groups of 4. When we did it with Mary Jo, there were only three of us. Disrupting other Chef's Counter guests isn't likely a big concern.

What do you think the next 7 in 7 should be?

How about 7 in 7 dining? Like signature restaurant restaurants?

Or 7 in 7 extra park activities like Typhoon Lagoon, blizzard beach, Richard petty, Disney quest ect

I know they did previous podcasts but the video takes it to the next level!

What do you think the next 7 in 7 should be?

How about 7 in 7 dining? Like signature restaurant restaurants?

Or 7 in 7 extra park activities like Typhoon Lagoon, blizzard beach, Richard petty, Disney quest ect

I know they did previous podcasts but the video takes it to the next level!

There may still be a handful of resorts that haven't been covered (All Star Movies? & possibly AoA Little Mermaid Room? I know they did an AoA segment in the past but believe the focus was on the suites. Some resorts have had significant room renos since the last series so CBR would be an excellent re-visit. Kathy would be a natural for the CBR visit. Possibly a 7 in 7 "retrofit"?

I also really like your 7 in 7 dining suggestion. Signature restaurants would be fabulous. So would a 7 in 7 series on 1 credit/regular table service. Also a 7 in 7 hidden gem counter service. Is there really any such thing as too much food? I think not. :-)

There may still be a handful of resorts that haven't been covered (All Star Movies? & possibly AoA Little Mermaid Room? I know they did an AoA segment in the past but believe the focus was on the suites. Some resorts have had significant room renos since the last series so CBR would be an excellent re-visit. Kathy would be a natural for the CBR visit. Possibly a 7 in 7 "retrofit"?

I also really like your 7 in 7 dining suggestion. Signature restaurants would be fabulous. So would a 7 in 7 series on 1 credit/regular table service. Also a 7 in 7 hidden gem counter service. Is there really any such thing as too much food? I think not. :-)

Yeah I would love to see the DIS video coverage of California Grill, Narcoese, Citrcos, yachtsman steakhouse, jiko it would b amazing to see the food and the restaurants as well!

Send Dustin and the guys back to the gf to review bar/ pool areas since that was cut a little short

I just started listening a few weeks ago and have really enjoyed the podcasts. My favorite so far has been the overlooked Animal Kingdom podcasts. I learned so much about AK. One of the things that I'm discovering is how much I don't know about WDW and I can't wait until our next trip to explore in a different way.

I really enjoy the interaction between the cast and the more I listen, the more I enjoy it. As a new listener, I don't have any critique but I loved the "overlooked" idea and behind the scenes type shows.

Great shows! Thanks!

Okay, I upgraded to an Iphone 6 and now can't find the app that housed all the podcasts! This is my commuting entertainment. Can someone point me in the right direction?

I love the show, only in the last few months have I started to watch/listen so I'm catching up but my favourite shows are when you ask questions like "Ideas for new hotels" or "ideas for new resorts" you know the show's were your imaginations take over, I love hearing your idea's and views. so keeping within this trend and after Disney's acquisition of Star Wars and Marvel what other intellectual property would you like to see Disney acquire. to get you started I would suggest maybe some smaller propertys that Disney could invest in and make better, maybe and this is total wishful thinking... Power Rangers, Thundercats and my DD wants them to do carebears..

In addition to my previous post, I don't have any critique to add but the more I listen the more I get to know you all and you guys are fast becoming my family's best friends(we do have actuall friends) but you guys get it. our other friend's look at us at times with a kind of.. oh god hear come the Disney nuts. but we are the first people they come to for advise on anything Disney. so keep up the good work and thanks for bringing a little Disney magic to my home.:thanks:

I would like to hear a few reviews , bbb in mk... Pirate n pals fireworks cruise...my perfect princess tea party. I love all the videos that you produce , especially 7 n 7. I would also like to hear how you liked using the go pro for the 7:7

I agree with this completely. How about some reviews on those extra magic things. Things like the dessert parties during fireworks, the fireworks cruise and the many others I'm sure I'm not aware of? Please?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter