DIS Unplugged App Problem

Tom P.

Mouseketeer
Hi folks,

I am having a continuous problem with the DIS Unplugged Android app on my Samsung Galaxy S III smartphone, and wondered if anyone else was too.

Basically, if I listen to an audio podcast that is relatively short (e.g. a segment that is 30 minutes or less), there is no issue. However, if I listen to a longer podcast (e.g. a news show that is an hour or more), it will invariably stop around the 40-45 minute mark and jump to the next podcast in the playlist without finishing.

If I go back and manually start from the 40 minute mark, I can listen to the end without issue. But I can never start at the beginning and go to the end without interruption.

Has anyone else seen this issue?

Thanks,
Tom

I never use the app because you can't pause and pick back up later, so I only use iTunes.
Is there an android version of iTunes?

Hi folks,

I am having a continuous problem with the DIS Unplugged Android app on my Samsung Galaxy S III smartphone, and wondered if anyone else was too.

Basically, if I listen to an audio podcast that is relatively short (e.g. a segment that is 30 minutes or less), there is no issue. However, if I listen to a longer podcast (e.g. a news show that is an hour or more), it will invariably stop around the 40-45 minute mark and jump to the next podcast in the playlist without finishing.

If I go back and manually start from the 40 minute mark, I can listen to the end without issue. But I can never start at the beginning and go to the end without interruption.

Has anyone else seen this issue?

Thanks,
Tom

Sounds like there might be a memory buffer issue with your SIII. If a show fills up the buffer, the application will probably move onto the next item in the playlist until that content fills up the buffer.

SIII has 1GB of RAM and I am not sure if Android is using a "SWAP" partition on the flash memory.

Sounds like there might be a memory buffer issue with your SIII. If a show fills up the buffer, the application will probably move onto the next item in the playlist until that content fills up the buffer.

SIII has 1GB of RAM and I am not sure if Android is using a "SWAP" partition on the flash memory.
Hadn't thought of that. I checked, and the SIII does not have a swap partition by default. However, you can create one manually. I can give that a try and see if it makes a difference.

I suppose I'll get a newer phone sometime soon. I just always feel like I'm being robbed when I do. :-)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter