• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

DIS Unplugged 10th Anniversary - Official Information Thread

I don't have a pearl (I wish it wasn't plastic!), and I don't have a nautilus. The nautilus is definitely on the list this trip!

I have the Nautilus but not a pearl. The Nautilus is sooooo expensive but worth it. The drink could have easily been for 3 and the mug is solid. We use it as our center piece on our dinning room table. I've seen one turned into an aloe plant pot as well. I was a little shocked when the price came though. I also got drunk for only the second time in roughly 5 years so that was fun (interestingly both times have been at Disney).

I have only received the automated confirmation email. However, they announced on the podcast that they will be meeting at the flag pole.

Okay, me too. Just checking if others had received anything further yet. And awesome, I haven't listened to the latest podcast yet, so good to know. Thanks!

I don't have a pearl (I wish it wasn't plastic!), and I don't have a nautilus. The nautilus is definitely on the list this trip!
The plastic bothers me too since all the others are such nice pieces. We haven't gotten a Nautilus yet either. Not sure that'll happen on this trip.

The plastic bothers me too since all the others are such nice pieces. We haven't gotten a Nautilus yet either. Not sure that'll happen on this trip.

The price would go up significantly if they made it glass or something else. I wonder if that is why they keep it plastic.

Every signature drink at Trader Sam's comes in a special glass and there is a bit of a show that accompanies getting one.

The Polynesian Pearl is one of those drinks. When you order one, the bartender goes to a giant oyster shell behind the bar which magically opens and reveals a large round glass that looks like a pearl. That's what they put your drink in. The pearls are white, but every now and then, the oyster issues a much-coveted black pearl. No collection of Trader Sam's drinkware is complete without a black pearl.

Ugh don't tell me I need the Black Pearl to make my collection complete. I have several white ones and I don't even really like the drink that comes in it.

I have the Nautilus but not a pearl. The Nautilus is sooooo expensive but worth it. The drink could have easily been for 3 and the mug is solid. We use it as our center piece on our dinning room table. I've seen one turned into an aloe plant pot as well. I was a little shocked when the price came though. I also got drunk for only the second time in roughly 5 years so that was fun (interestingly both times have been at Disney).

I love my Nautilus :) We have a fake tropical flower set up in there and I think it looks really nice.

The other drinks are all in really nice glass or ceramic vessels though so the plastic pearl just stands out.

I know the others are in nice cups and glasses. I was just thinking about price point. I just looked it up though and the pearl is only $3 cheaper than the shrunken head (and just saw that it is a dollar more than the glass tiki drink) and I would imagine once you get over $10 for a cocktail 3 dollars for a nice souvenir glass isn't going to make a difference. Now I'm wondering if it has to do with the delivery method. Perhaps a ceramic or glass mug is too fragile for the clam to deliver it. hmmmm

What should we do if we are not able to make it by the morning of the 24th for pickup? We had an unexpected loss in the family and will not be in Florida until late on the 24th. We have already signed up for the dessert party and should be able to attend that, but I am not sure how to get our credentials.

What should we do if we are not able to make it by the morning of the 24th for pickup? We had an unexpected loss in the family and will not be in Florida until late on the 24th. We have already signed up for the dessert party and should be able to attend that, but I am not sure how to get our credentials.
Email the person running the event. See the first page for contacts.

Hi,

I am so sorry to hear this news. :(

Email John@DreamsUnlimitedTravel.com

Have all the items up for auction been posted to the Handbid site or will more be added later? Any idea?

I'm sure stuff will added - they may have mailed stuff that they haven't had time to put up yet, plus you'll have all the stuff people are bringing in person when they pick up their credentials.

I know the others are in nice cups and glasses. I was just thinking about price point. I just looked it up though and the pearl is only $3 cheaper than the shrunken head (and just saw that it is a dollar more than the glass tiki drink) and I would imagine once you get over $10 for a cocktail 3 dollars for a nice souvenir glass isn't going to make a difference. Now I'm wondering if it has to do with the delivery method. Perhaps a ceramic or glass mug is too fragile for the clam to deliver it. hmmmm

I was thinking it is more the shape. I think a perfectly round glass sphere would have to be fairly think to not be breakable

Have all the items up for auction been posted to the Handbid site or will more be added later? Any idea?
There will definitely be more items. They've only posted the items they physically have. They haven't posted items people are bringing with them to the meet (like us). So be sure to keep checking back.

watched today's daily fix and I'm thinking Pete mentioned that the items will be up Thursday.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter