DIS strategy for getting a good seat on the beach in CC

lsenquiz

DIS Veteran
Is there a DIS strategy(besides being first off the boat) for getting a good seat on the family beach in Castaway Cay? Also are there certain places on the beach that are better than others to sit?

Is there a DIS strategy(besides being first off the boat) for getting a good seat on the family beach in Castaway Cay? Also are there certain places on the beach that are better than others to sit?

In our experience (limited, I will admit), we've not found any "bad" seats on CC. There's plenty of room for everyone.

I visited CC twice in June and there are no "bad" seats on CC. We did skip the first beach and go on down to the beach in front of Pelican Plunge which was not overly crowded at all.

We took our time getting off the ship and there were still plenty of seating available. :)

You can get seats, but not hammocks. We found all the hammocks were "taken" by holding people's items who were hardly there.

There are plenty of seats. This is one thing you do not have to stress about. The chairs closest to the ship fill up first. I like to go to the second tram stop by Cookies 2 ( the other restaurant) both the beach and the restaurant are less crowded.

Adding to the advice above. You don't need a strategy for Castaway Cay. I have been there twice now, once on the smaller Magic and once on the larger Fantasy, and in either case there is plenty of room for everyone. They have designed it well to match the capacity of the ships.

If you are sailing on the Wonder or Magic, there are PLENTY of chairs on CC. If you are on the Dream or Fantasy, a thousand more people can hit the beach than on the Magic or Wonder. So, the longer you wait to get off the harder it may be to find a BETTER spot?

By the way, what is a BETTER spot to you? It could be closer to the water, it could be by some trees and other vegitation, it might be by the facilities. If you are particular about your BETTER spot, get their earlier. Most chairs have umbrellas and have an ocean view. If you want someplace near the boat (BETTER?), you need to get off earlier. A lot of folks give out right at the first beach.

Serinity Beach is my BETTER spot. Always plenty of chairs. You may have to walk farther to and from your BETTER spot there, but is again has an ocean view.;)

In our experience (limited, I will admit), we've not found any "bad" seats on CC. There's plenty of room for everyone.

I agree. plenty for everyone and then some!! No worries at all. ;)

On the Dream last week CC was practically empty....we were off the ship by 9:30 and went to second tram stop on the family beach.....chairs around us did not fill up until after 11:00 am and even then it was not full.

No worries about getting chairs on CC.

MJ

This is great news. :thumbsup2 I was also wondering about this. We like to be close to the water. I know DS would also get a kick out of having a hammock for a little bit too. We're morning people so I'm sure we'll be one of the first people off.

Is there a DIS strategy(besides being first off the boat) for getting a good seat on the family beach in Castaway Cay?
There are so many seats, we've never had a problem getting a good one.

Woody

As others have said, plenty of seats...we find that if you are off later, however, it is harder to get a spot close to the water (where we had young kids who spent all their time there) ..if that is important to you, get off early and grab your seats.

I personally sprint off the ship. I take the kids beach pictures every time we are at Castaway Cay. If I don't get off first there are always people in the background and the smooth sand is beautiful. Seats are plentiful regardless.

It's all about the hammocks!!!

If it's about Serenity Beach and hammocks,well,there are only about 3 hammocks and there are always a few people playing what I call, roller derby,elbowing each other,trying to be the first off the ship to get those hammocks.

There are more hammocks at the family beach,but they are definitely the desired real estate and they are the only thing I hear/see people stress over.

If hammocks aren't that important to you,then you will be fine,finding seats/umbrellas just where you'll want to be.If hammocks are something you'd at least want a shot at trying to have,then you do need to get off asap.That's always been what I've personally witnessed. Someone on another thread wrote about finding a few hammocks by,is it Gils Fins Shack(?). It's apparently an area farther from the water and no one expects hammocks to be there. Just something I read........
But there are plenty of chairs/lounges/umbrellas wherever you'll want to be.
The less you stress over CC, the more time for fun!!!!!:beach:

But whatever you do... Do not take your chairs down near the water. Holy moly, did I ever get yelled at for that!!!

Wow,no kidding??

Last year,at the adult beach,there were tons of sand chairs at the waters edge. Maybe there are different rules for the different beaches:beach:

Nothing like having a No-No finger waved at you to put a damper on things........:(

So, I really can't take the little chair to the edge of the water and put my feet in?

Get a Cabana.... Sooo worth the splurge... You get your own hammock and tubes and lots of chairs... It was fabulous (and our one big treat on the ship)!

Donna M said:
So, I really can't take the little chair to the edge of the water and put my feet in?

Not the day I was there. Didn't ruin my day, but it did change my plans!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter